F1

S7_MUFC

Fuck vettel. The drivers championship is of no concern anyway. I care about Ferrari winning the constructor championship. If the car is good then I can see vettel finishing third anyway.

Isn't next season supposed to be clean slate for everyone because of new regulations?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Heard that this morning, didn't sound as serious at first at all. That's rather sad, hopefully he recovers well. A bit ironic that after years and years in F1 and motorsports it's a skiing accident that knocks him out.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully he recovers well! He was with his son, so I hope his son is fine as well.

impeh

Hi, its me..
just did a press conference update;

"He's been given an artificial coma.

"His situation is considered to be critical.

"He was operated on only once.

Professor Payen continued: "We can say he is fighting for his life. We judge him to be in a very serious situation. We cannot tell what the outcome will be yet. We are working hour-by-hour but it's too early to say what is going to happen and to have a prognosis.

"We think his helmet did help, without a helmet he wouldn't be here now."

The news conference has now come to a close, with doctors saying they hope to be able to give a further update later today.

:(

XaviMessiGirl

Might be silly to some people to care so much about someone you don't actually know, but this makes me feel positively sick. As a Ferrari tifosa, I have so many good memories about him. I hate the whole "too early to say", it makes it sound even worse, like they might know but don't want to say anything yet. I still have hope for him though, he has a fighting spirit.

Eetu

Adormit
With these kind of things it's just how it is. A cousin of mine suffered same sort of accident while skiing a few years back - fractured skull, seizures and so on - and it took days before knowing it wasn't life threatening, six months to a year before they could say with confidence that there weren't to be lasting effects. Funny thing that I gave up skiing as a result of that, he didn't.

Hopefully he pulls through and makes a full recovery. As a driver he was easy to hate, but in real life one of the nicest persons out there by all accounts.

impeh

Hi, its me..
this mornings update;

he had minor surgery overnight to reduce pressure on his brain

the latest scan has shown slight improvements

"It was a difficult decision to make [to operate], but we decided to eliminate a hematoma.

"The level of inter-cranial pressure have improved. The scan does show there are other legions," says the surgeon.

He adds they are being regularly monitored.

"The situation is not the same as yesterday and we saw this over the day," the surgeon explains.

"The situation is still critical, but it's not exactly the same as it was yesterday."

Professor Payen says: "We're here to tell you what has happened over the last 24 hours, but we can't tell you what will happen in the future.

"He's kept in an artificial coma. It will last for the time we think necessary."

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Docs said this morning that his condition has slightly improved & he's continuing to be stable. Good sign I hope.

Edit: what impeh said. :)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
What happened to him in his second skint as a driver anyways?

Should he never have come back? & why didn't he go back to Ferrari?

sorry for the noob questioning

Gilberto

I heard about his accident this morning and, to say the least I, I am still in shock...
He is THE person I think about when I hear 'F1' or 'Racing' and I really hope he can recover.

The situation has slightly improved after completing the second operation, according to the doctors.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans