Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265

Thread: Tennis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Nadal won 16 majors, PEAK Federer is 2004-2007 and he won only in Paris, PEAK Djokovic is 2011 and 2015-2016 and i don't remember any single major won by Nadal against him, this is if you talk about PEAK.
    Rafa beat Federer countless of times during Fed's peak years on both clay and hardcourts. Rafa beat a 26/7-year-old Roger in both Wimbledon and Aussie Open finals. He also took Roger to five sets in the 2007 Wimbledon final.

Rafa and Djokovic are less than a year apart age-wise, and Rafa had very much the upper hand until 2011 when Nole exploded into GOAT-mode. Still, Rafa took him to 5 epic sets in the AO 2012, and then beat him multiple times during the rest of the season. 2013 was also a peak Djokovic year (you seem to consider only years during which Federer/Djokovic were almost winning everything on sight as peak years) and Rafa put him to the sword in my favorite match of all time, namely the 2013 US Open final.

I will also claim that both Roger and Novak consciously avoided facing an in-form Rafa on several occasions, by losing to random opponents rather than having to rise to the challenge. Rafa never shied away from facing a superior Djokovic or Federer throughout his career, he is willing to enter the arena, even if his opponent is the heavy favorite.

Moreover, Rafa has done much better on other greats' favorite surfaces than they have done on his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Centauri B View Post
    I will also claim that both Roger and Novak consciously avoided facing an in-form Rafa on several occasions, by losing to random opponents rather than having to rise to the challenge. Rafa never shied away from facing a superior Djokovic or Federer throughout his career, he is willing to enter the arena, even if his opponent is the heavy favorite.
    In a real world he's Nadal who lost several times to random players when Federer and Djokovic were at their best, just ridiculous you claim that thing to the more consistent players of the last 10-15 years, not their fault if prime Nadal lost to guys like Rosol, Darcis, Kyrgios, Verdasco, Muller, Pouille, Fognini, Youzhny etc. but i know, was an out form Nadal, because when he lose he's always out form or injured

this is also the reason why his h2h especially with Federer are totally doped, Federer even when played far from his best like your PEAK 2008 (lol) reached final or semifinal in major, now imagine Federer or Nole facing Nadal in the last 2 seasons especially on grass and hard court, h2h would be the same? i don't think so.

You said peak not me, peak's meaning is pretty clear, just see their winning percentage when they lost to Nadal and then compare it with their PEAK seasons: peak Nole owned Nadal, peak Federer lost only on clay in a major, facts.
    Last edited by Hardy; 13th September 2017 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    In a real world he's Nadal who lost several times to random players when Federer and Djokovic were at their best, just ridiculous you claim that thing to the more consistent players of the last 10-15 years, not their fault if prime Nadal lost to guys like Rosol, Darcis, Kyrgios, Verdasco, Muller, Pouille, Fognini, Youzhny etc. but i know, was an out form Nadal, because when he lose he's always out form or injured

this is also the reason why his h2h especially with Federer are totally doped, Federer even when played far from his best like your PEAK 2008 (lol) reached final or semifinal in major, now imagine Federer or Nole facing Nadal in the last 2 seasons especially on grass and hard court, h2h would be the same? i don't think so.

You said peak not me, peak's meaning is pretty clear, just see their winning percentage when they lost to Nadal and then compare it with their PEAK seasons: peak Nole owned Nadal, peak Federer lost only on clay in a major, facts.
    You didn't get my point. Federer and Djokovic lost to random players on several occasions, just before having to face an in-form Rafa Nadal.

I was not referring to who has been losing to random players on occasion. What I am saying is that Federer & Djokovic have on several occasions avoided having to face an in-form Rafa. This year's Roland Garros is a prime example, where Djokovic lost to Thiem in the QFs. I claim that this was a deliberate defeat on the part of Djokovic. This has occurred on several occasions with both Federer & Djokovic.

As for your definition of peak, it seems that it is limited to exactly the period in which either of Federer/Djokovic were winning against Nadal. Every other period (wher Rafa had the upper hand) is off-peak for you.

You're not even a real journalism
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafa is on the juice tho, doubt Murray was, or peak henman back in the day
    Last edited by Ode to Django; 13th September 2017 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    Rafa is on the juice tho, doubt Murray was, or peak henman back in the day
    ALL professional athletes are on the juice.