0 Thread(s)
    That mental strenght from dzokovic, he did this to him 2 times in finals

Absolute king..

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger was gassed in that 5th set - so many unforced errors, credit to Nola to withstand the double championship point
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad Nadal and Djokovic haven't dropped earlier on the tennis scene. Federer had it easy for the first part of his career and won grand slams just because of his talent. When facing Nadal/Djokovic he had to up his game and other factors came into play - psihological and phisical strength, pacing, technical ability.
    He still is the most enjoyable to watch and maybe the most talented. But the times they are changing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Nadal will win at least 2 more French Opens.

The question is, can he knick a US open somehow.

He's not beating Djoker at AO. And Wimbledon, he is a little inferior also.

Fed's window is closed IMO and I can see Djoker winning atleast 5 more at 'only' 32.
    I do fear for Federer’s total being equalled or better ... that said there’s a lot of truth in the saying “ a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ‘ .
    What with loss of form , illness or injuries plus maybe one of the young guns will come to the forefront. ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it coincidence that Federer said Messi ist he best player he has ever seen?

Even if Nadal or Djoko pass Federer for GS titles, Federer will still be considered as the Goat and most influential person in tennis sports ever.
    Similar to Sampras, a lot of People consider him on Federers level besides I think 5or6 GS titles less.

Feds style of play is something never seen before and will hardly see anytime soon again.

Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, play somehow all kind of similar (baseline perfection, strong backhand, OK/Good serve, OK/Good volley)

It is just such a joy to watch him, same like Messi, but imo Federer is above Messi talent wise and also more influential for the sport itself.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kollegah View Post
    Is it coincidence that Federer said Messi ist he best player he has ever seen?

Even if Nadal or Djoko pass Federer for GS titles, Federer will still be considered as the Goat and most influential person in tennis sports ever.
    Similar to Sampras, a lot of People consider him on Federers level besides I think 5or6 GS titles less.

Feds style of play is something never seen before and will hardly see anytime soon again.

Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, play somehow all kind of similar (baseline perfection, strong backhand, OK/Good serve, OK/Good volley)

It is just such a joy to watch him, same like Messi, but imo Federer is above Messi talent wise and also more influential for the sport itself.
    well said and I add one thing, Djokovic and Nadal are capitalizing an era where pace of courts (pretty much homologated and disgracefully slow) and materials are perfect for that style of play so I don't really know if Federer is the one lucky between them . With all respect for Nole and Nadal but these 2 have 7 fucking Wimbledon combined and they play on grass like they play on other surfaces, just grinding from the baseline: we shouldn't see a guy splitting for fun on grass, we shouldn't see a 45 long shots rally on grass (this happened last friday in the match between Nole and Agut). Too bad ATP wants to push these 3 as much possible they can because they are legends and they made more popular tennis but the homologated surfaces have inflated some legacy and the 2 they are benefiting more are definitely Djokovic and Nadal. And that's not an opinion but facts, just see the court pace index on ATP tour, almost all tournaments are ranked as slow or medium slow.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing this out here, but I would take Sampras 90s in Wimbledon against anyone ever. He was good to rubbish (clay) elsewhere but man that serve/second serve and volley on those fast grass courts was electric.

Oh and Hardy's right about the slowing down of courts. Wimbledon's basically green clay at this point. Neither Nadal nor Djoker would last this long on faster courts.
    Last edited by KingLeo10; 16th July 2019 at 05:41 PM.

Banned

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    That mental strenght from dzokovic, he did this to him 2 times in finals

Absolute king..
    He has the same mental strenght like CR7- terrific. If Barca would have half of the power, we would have won atleast one time the CL in the last 4 years.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never_Forget40 View Post
    He has the same mental strenght like CR7- terrific. If Barca would have half of the power, we would have won atleast one time the CL in the last 4 years.
    I was wondering when you'd come back @messi15478.