Tennis

Centauri B

This was a performance for the ages from Rafa. Yesterday was one of Rafa's best ever performances, on par with FO 2008, Wimbledon 2008, AUS 2009 or US Open 2013. It may have been even better. Rafa had everything today, composure, movement, speed, precision, hard-hitting etc etc etc...

Do you think Thiem has any chance against Rafa in a French Open semi?

I think that Rafa is nailed on for his 10th FO title and number 2 in the rankings. Only matter of time before he returns to number 1.

I was right. :messi1:

French Open has RAFA written all over it.

A 3rd Roland Garos-Wibledon double for Rafa? Why not?

I was right about the French Open. What about Wimbledon though? A taller order for sure, but definitely doable with this Rafa form.

KiX7777

Shame Rafa didn't win. Big mistake from him was not playing on grass before Wimbledon.

I hope he will win US Open and regain number 1.

JamDav1982

Shame Rafa didn't win. Big mistake from him was not playing on grass before Wimbledon.

Think the rest was for his knees as much as anything.

He played well first two matches so not too big an issue really. Muller played well.

Richard.H

So one of the biggest Barca fans just lost :(

Andy Murray loses to Sam Querrey for the 2nd straight year at the Wimbledon. Seems like his hip gave out in the last 2 sets and he was in a lot of pain. You could see him wincing by the end of the match.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Glad the Madridista lost. I'll take whatever i can get these days....

When your uncle is a Barca legend, but you turn out to be a Madridista

tumblr_inline_o9x6hl6KeQ1up6mov_500.gif

Centauri B

Wimbledon simply doesn't suit Rafa anymore. The fact that he cannot bend his knees as much as he used, means that the low-bouncing balls of the grass courts give him hell.

The US Open should give him a better chance to shine and win his 6th non-clay major.

As for Roger, what is there to say really? The man is a colossus and the GOAT, unless Rafa can come up with something truly mega in his final few years.

Novak & Andy are showing real signs of strain throughout 2017. Their style of play is quite physically demanding (a bit like Rafa's) and longevity will always be an issue for them as well. Federer has this massive advantage over his main rivals in that he can win points with far less physical exertion.

BarcaGirl

This was probably the worst Wimbledon final ever! Yikes! The state of men's tennis is just as bad as women's.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans