Tennis

KingLeo10

Both Nadal and Djoker are better than Federer IMO, and all 3 a full tier above anyone else in history. Simply better athletes with greater endurance. Federer is more skillful, though and the best ambassador to the game.

serghei

Both Nadal and Djoker are better than Federer IMO, and all 3 a full tier above anyone else in history. Simply better athletes with greater endurance. Federer is more skillful, though and the best ambassador to the game.

Heavily dependent on surface though.

Federer has 8 slams on grass, 11 on hards.
Djokovic has 4 slams on grass, 10 on hards.
Nadal has 2 slams on grass, 4 on hards.

I'd say Federer and Djokovic are better than Nadal by a clear margin on hard and grass.
Nadal is better than both by a distance on clay
Federer is the best by a considerable margin on grass.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Heavily dependent on surface though.

On average definitely yes, but Rafa managed to beat Federer prime at Wimbledon in 08 in arguably the best match ever played.

Federer hasn't managed to return the favor on clay.

Djokovic is the most balanced out of the three and will probably end up with the most GS.

serghei

On average definitely yes, but Rafa managed to beat Federer prime at Wimbledon in 08 in arguably the best match ever played.

Federer hasn't managed to return the favor on clay.

Djokovic is the most balanced out of the three and will probably end up with the most GS.

This only means Federer is less dominant on grass than Nadal on clay. That being said, Federer has more titles on Wimbledon than Nadal and Djokovic combined. So he's comfortably better than both career wise on grass.

FCBfan22

It all depends when the new generation starts winning GS's. If they do that in a year or two, I doubt Djoković will ever surpass Federer in GS's.

But at the moment, it looks unlikely.

Xaviniesta

Federer on Nadal: "I don't even know who I need to go search for to go practice with somebody who plays like him. I was thinking that during the match. It's just amazing how he plays from deep and then is able to bounce back and forth from the baseline. It's just quite interesting."

Nadal is gonna have the most grand slam titles when the big 3 have all retired imo

FCBfan22

Federer on Nadal: "I don't even know who I need to go search for to go practice with somebody who plays like him. I was thinking that during the match. It's just amazing how he plays from deep and then is able to bounce back and forth from the baseline. It's just quite interesting."

Nadal is gonna have the most grand slam titles when the big 3 have all retired imo

IMO, it all depends on injuries. Nadal had quite a few injuries in the last few years and I'm doubtful how much can his knees endure in the future.

Hardy

depends how many more roland garros he'll win, don't wanna jinx him but his streaks in Paris are always 5 in a row so assuming he wins in the next 2 years he should win another at 37, to settle the race he needs something else outside of clay. Djokovic is basically injury free and he has a more suitable game to all 4 majors, he will be competitive for so many years. In my mind the draw fucked him really bad because with opposite semifinals Nadal would have played against Thiem and in the last years he struggled always to win 2 matches in a row that push him physically. We all know Thiem would have been the game changer in the draw and he will be in the next years as well, the others have no business with them in a best of 5 on Chatrier.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I don’t understand how players like Roger, djokovic, and nadal are still playing at such a high level and still the top dogs in tennis. I’ve been watching these same players since I’ve been a high school freshman!!! I’m now working and about to enter my 30’s!!

How is it possible? I haven’t seen such a thing in other sports. Tennis is very tough on the body too

Sorin

depends how many more roland garros he'll win, don't wanna jinx him but his streaks in Paris are always 5 in a row so assuming he wins in the next 2 years he should win another at 37, to settle the race he needs something else outside of clay. Djokovic is basically injury free and he has a more suitable game to all 4 majors, he will be competitive for so many years. In my mind the draw fucked him really bad because with opposite semifinals Nadal would have played against Thiem and in the last years he struggled always to win 2 matches in a row that push him physically. We all know Thiem would have been the game changer in the draw and he will be in the next years as well, the others have no business with them in a best of 5 on Chatrier.

I disagree with the bolded part. Maybe on other surfaces he'd have troubles but on clay and on Chatrier Nadal is another animal altogether. Nadal would have beaten Thiem all the same and he would've done it on Friday as he wouldn't complain about the windy conditions like Djokovic did. Having this in mind, it's doubtful that with rest on saturday he wouldn't be able to give everything again on Sunday.

Also keep in mind that Nadal at last year's Wimbledon, where after an epic against Del Potro in the quarters, he took Djokovic to another epic in the semis where very few points were the difference. So playing two 5 seters in a row isn't that big of a deal for these guys if they are in top form. Nadal on clay especially wouldn't have troubles "suiting up" for 2 grueling matches in a row.

KingLeo10

Don't think either of Fedal have enough in the tank at this point to beat Djoker.

Not to mention he got a ridiculously easy draw. We might be looking at this dude on 18 GS by the time the next French Open comes around.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans