Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1504

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Are Nadal and Federer not in it?
    No, so this was a very good chance for Djoko to have an easy ride
    Se Queda

Hope Federer returns soon
    Football has been too boring over the past few years I need his magic in my sports life.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Nadal and Djoker on a collision course for a GS title that could be very pivotal to the GOAT debate.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Nadal and Djoker on a collision course for a GS title that could be very pivotal to the GOAT debate.
    the #2 debate maybe, Federer is already undisputed GOAT for me

Quote Originally Posted by Katarina1 View Post
    the #2 debate maybe, Federer is already undisputed GOAT for me
    Dude has massive losing records v both Nadal and Djoker in slam finals. There's no undisputed about that.

Tennis doesn't and won't have a (clear cut) GOAT, one more slam or a better head-to-head won't be enough imo.
    Same for women's tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell1978 View Post
    Tennis doesn't and won't have a (clear cut) GOAT, one more slam or a better head-to-head won't be enough imo.
    Same for women's tennis.
    I would argue tennis is the only sport where you can make GOAT arguments purely on amount of trophies (Grand slams in this case). It's an individual sport, there's not many excuses you can make for a player underperforming (there's other players, his team didn't play well, bad tactics, etc.).

If a player is better, he should be able to show it on the court. Federer by far has the best fundamentals in the game and perhaps the best couple years of dominance in the sport (2004-2007), but his h2h vs Nadal and Djokovic has been terrible. Dude crumbles under massive pressure. If he wasn't so shaky in crucial match points he would be undisputed GOAT.

EDIT: Yes I know Fed still has the most GS titles but I see Djokovic catching up or surpassing him by 2022. Not too sure about Nadal, still think he's more injury prone than both Fed and Djoker
    Last edited by Richard.H; 6th October 2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Se Queda

Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    I would argue tennis is the only sport where you can make GOAT arguments purely on amount of trophies (Grand slams in this case). It's an individual sport, there's not many excuses you can make for a player underperforming (there's other players, his team didn't play well, bad tactics, etc.).

If a player is better, he should be able to show it on the court. Federer by far has the best fundamentals in the game and perhaps the best couple years of dominance in the sport (2004-2007), but his h2h vs Nadal and Djokovic has been terrible. Dude crumbles under massive pressure. If he wasn't so shaky in crucial match points he would be undisputed GOAT.

EDIT: Yes I know Fed still has the most GS titles but I see Djokovic catching up or surpassing him by 2022. Not too sure about Nadal, still think he's more injury prone than both Fed and Djoker
    There didn't use to be such a big empashis on Grand Slams, thats why players often didn't travel to Australia and so on so probably unfair to judge players from back in the day that way.

Other then that, i stand with what i said, they will all end up around 20 slams with Federer having won more tournaments overall, Djokovic with the best head-to-head and Nadal the most dominant run on a single surface.

There won't be enough difference to call any of them GOAT over the other 2.

Vamos!

20 time Grand Slam champion and my current vote for GOAT.

Unreal man.

Take that L Djokovic.

Didn't drop a single set all tournament, lol. And the way he dominated Djoker.

Good luck winning RG from him in the next 2-3 years.

RAFA!! My goat!
    "Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was totally beyond my control."

Fed got a few GS against second rate competition. Nadal and Djoker have battled harder competition for all of theirs.

I'd go Rafa > Djoker = Fed for now.

congrats, not my GOAT but it's only matter of time since he'll win another 3-4 roland garros at least. huge blow for Nole, this gap with Nadal winning is default annual slam in Paris will be difficult to catch

You have to admire what Nadal and Ronaldo have achieved, but this is still the Messi, Federer, and Lebron era.