Tennis

MagIX

I don't know what to write..... I can't find the right words
Is not just a matter of winning, is not only a matter of amounts of slams won......he won 20 by playing in a divine way...when tennis becomes art
This is not tennis, this is poetry in motion

MagIX

"Today everyone sees me as a quiet man, but my career beginnings were hallucinating.There was a coach who at my first tournament, after losing heavily, told me: At most you can make coffee in a bar with those hands. Boy, you have no talent.
That guy, he made me grow an anger inside, such as to radically change my personality. I got up at night to go and train outside the house. I turned on the lights in the garden and pulled the ball 100/1000 times against the wall. I tried, the forehand, the backhand, and tried until I was convinced that that particular shot had come out perfect. I wanted to go all the way, but in front of me I saw too many impediments and people who didn't believe in my talent.

There was even a time when I used to throw my tennis racket, and when I was sixteen, they even drove me out of a intensive training.

At the age of 17, my family decided that I had to go to the psychologist, because I had shots of sudden anger.

Since then, my growth has been constant.

Every time I go under pressure, I think of the effort made to get where I am now.

After becoming number one in 2004, the idea of quitting came to my mind. After all, I had reached the maximum I could hope for. Then I said to myself: continue Roger, because you can't do anything else, everything that comes next consider it as a bonus.

They also told me, that I am one who cries too much after a victory and even after a defeat. There are people who don't smile when they win. And there are people who after winning, don't stop smiling for weeks.

I am the kind of person who allows tears to flow. I let them drop because I think back to when that assistant coach told me that I wouldn't go on in tennis. I think of those moments, I think about how many sacrifices I made to get up. I must thank him, however, because especially in the early years of my career, he gave me the stimulus to move forward. He gave me inner strength to show the world who I could be.

Never let yourself be killed in sport, as well as in life. Dark moments will come, it is up to you to rise again."

In italian: https://www.tennisworlditalia.com/t...-avevo-scatti-d-ira-improvvisi-roger-federer/

Leo_Messi

Rafa steamrolling that Greek/Russian kid and he has one leg in the Australian Open final where his opponent will be (most likely) Djoko.

There it was. 3-0 in sets and it only took Rafa 106 minutes to win the match. GOAT.

Osaka looks like a future number 1 as well and I can see her dominating women tennis for a long time to come if she continues her development.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

djokovic has positive records versus rafa and federer, and has dominated in arguably the toughest era of tennis (comparatively more than rafa or fed). I've always been a rafa fan but djoker might be the GOAT.

Hardy

that was more a prediction to be honest, Federer for now is the GOAT and there is no question about that, I will always struggle to see Nadal as the GOAT since most of his achievements are inflated by one surface, the other 2 have at least 3x3 in other majors, plus multiple ATP Finals (and weeks at number 1 speak for them).

Mitchell1978

Its simplistic to only watch at the Grand Slams to decide who is the best, there's a lot of other tournaments, the head to head, also the era and the competition. Federer, Nadal, Djokovic have to play each other and still have the most slams.

Home of Barca Fans