Tennis

Centauri B

Nadal won 16 majors, PEAK Federer is 2004-2007 and he won only in Paris, PEAK Djokovic is 2011 and 2015-2016 and i don't remember any single major won by Nadal against him, this is if you talk about PEAK.

Rafa beat Federer countless of times during Fed's peak years on both clay and hardcourts. Rafa beat a 26/7-year-old Roger in both Wimbledon and Aussie Open finals. He also took Roger to five sets in the 2007 Wimbledon final.

Rafa and Djokovic are less than a year apart age-wise, and Rafa had very much the upper hand until 2011 when Nole exploded into GOAT-mode. Still, Rafa took him to 5 epic sets in the AO 2012, and then beat him multiple times during the rest of the season. 2013 was also a peak Djokovic year (you seem to consider only years during which Federer/Djokovic were almost winning everything on sight as peak years) and Rafa put him to the sword in my favorite match of all time, namely the 2013 US Open final.

I will also claim that both Roger and Novak consciously avoided facing an in-form Rafa on several occasions, by losing to random opponents rather than having to rise to the challenge. Rafa never shied away from facing a superior Djokovic or Federer throughout his career, he is willing to enter the arena, even if his opponent is the heavy favorite.

Moreover, Rafa has done much better on other greats' favorite surfaces than they have done on his.

Hardy

I will also claim that both Roger and Novak consciously avoided facing an in-form Rafa on several occasions, by losing to random opponents rather than having to rise to the challenge. Rafa never shied away from facing a superior Djokovic or Federer throughout his career, he is willing to enter the arena, even if his opponent is the heavy favorite.

In a real world he's Nadal who lost several times to random players when Federer and Djokovic were at their best, just ridiculous you claim that thing to the more consistent players of the last 10-15 years, not their fault if prime Nadal lost to guys like Rosol, Darcis, Kyrgios, Verdasco, Muller, Pouille, Fognini, Youzhny etc. but i know, was an out form Nadal, because when he lose he's always out form or injured :messi:

this is also the reason why his h2h especially with Federer are totally doped, Federer even when played far from his best like your PEAK 2008 (lol) reached final or semifinal in major, now imagine Federer or Nole facing Nadal in the last 2 seasons especially on grass and hard court, h2h would be the same? i don't think so.

You said peak not me, peak's meaning is pretty clear, just see their winning percentage when they lost to Nadal and then compare it with their PEAK seasons: peak Nole owned Nadal, peak Federer lost only on clay in a major, facts.

Last edited:

Centauri B

In a real world he's Nadal who lost several times to random players when Federer and Djokovic were at their best, just ridiculous you claim that thing to the more consistent players of the last 10-15 years, not their fault if prime Nadal lost to guys like Rosol, Darcis, Kyrgios, Verdasco, Muller, Pouille, Fognini, Youzhny etc. but i know, was an out form Nadal, because when he lose he's always out form or injured :messi:

this is also the reason why his h2h especially with Federer are totally doped, Federer even when played far from his best like your PEAK 2008 (lol) reached final or semifinal in major, now imagine Federer or Nole facing Nadal in the last 2 seasons especially on grass and hard court, h2h would be the same? i don't think so.

You said peak not me, peak's meaning is pretty clear, just see their winning percentage when they lost to Nadal and then compare it with their PEAK seasons: peak Nole owned Nadal, peak Federer lost only on clay in a major, facts.

You didn't get my point. Federer and Djokovic lost to random players on several occasions, just before having to face an in-form Rafa Nadal.

I was not referring to who has been losing to random players on occasion. What I am saying is that Federer & Djokovic have on several occasions avoided having to face an in-form Rafa. This year's Roland Garros is a prime example, where Djokovic lost to Thiem in the QFs. I claim that this was a deliberate defeat on the part of Djokovic. This has occurred on several occasions with both Federer & Djokovic.

As for your definition of peak, it seems that it is limited to exactly the period in which either of Federer/Djokovic were winning against Nadal. Every other period (wher Rafa had the upper hand) is off-peak for you.

Centauri B

Major shock today at the AO.

Chung, a young Korean player has defeated Djokovic in straight sets.

Rafa-Federer final still possible, but Chung, Berdych, Cilic and Dimitrov may have some objections.

Joan

Rafa-Federer final still possible, but Chung, Berdych, Cilic and Dimitrov may have some objections.

If Federer defeats Berdych, it'll be a very interesting match to watch - Chung vs Roger. Chung's fast, great defensive effort, doesn't lose confidence and fate... reminds me of Novak a bit. Type of player which doesn't suit Federer.
If he manages to improve his serve, he'll if lucky, become top-notch.

Cule Finn

Fantastic effort from Cilic today against Nadal! Okay, Nadal got injured in the fourth set, but still big respect for the way Marin played.

Federer is surely the favourite for the title now. Hopefully he can take the 20th slam. If not, then I wouldn't mind seeing Cilic win it all. The croatian seems like a great guy.

Joan

Cilic :worthy:
It was a great match, Marin played well
It's a very good news for all of us from Croatia here, cheers

Home of Barca Fans