Tennis

Mitchell1978

Is that what he said?

It may be the sensible thing to do (considering his extremely advanced years) but he may be throwing away a golden opportunity of becoming number one again.

I don't he cares about the nr 1, want to win big tournaments especially on hard courts and grass.

Richard.H

No one looks at tennis players and say "this player was number one this many times", they look at tennis players and say "this player has won x many grand slam trophies."

Centauri B

No one looks at tennis players and say "this player was number one this many times", they look at tennis players and say "this player has won x many grand slam trophies."

True, but how glorious would it be for a 36-year old Roger Federer to return to the number one spot? It would be an epic achievement.

Centauri B

Rafa beats Djokovic at last! After 7 consecutive defeats to the Serb, Nadal gets one back and is now into the Madrid Masters final. Rafa is looking to completely dominate on clay once again as he has already won Monte Carlo and Barcelona. Nadal should be a heavy favorite against either Cuevas or Thiem in tomorrow's final. With a victory tomorrow, Rafael Nadal will tie at 30 with Novak Djokovic for the most Masters titles won ever! Federer is at 26.

Centauri B

Ah, I'm a total fed fanboy so I wouldn't want Nadal getting closer. I would support Nadal over Djoko though.

Federer's GS record seems ultra-safe.

Rafa or Djoko need to come up with something mega in order to tie (let alone overtake) Federer. None of the two is getting any younger.

Federer's GS record seems ultra-safe.

Rafa or Djoko need to come up with something mega in order to tie (let alone overtake) Federer. None of the two is getting any younger.

New generation is still weak as hell. Outside of Roger the big three has a good three years to rack up titles, way too close for comfort imo, it will take a lot of Murray wins to stop them from getting really close i think.

Centauri B

New generation is still weak as hell. Outside of Roger the big three has a good three years to rack up titles, way too close for comfort imo, it will take a lot of Murray wins to stop them from getting really close i think.

GS wins over 30 are extremely rare.

Even if Rada & Djoko find a way to dominate beyond 30, they will still be facing each other all the time. Plus, there are always surprises and new GS winners can arise out of nothing. Who would have ever thought that Wawrinka would have won 3 majors in his late years?

Centauri B

Damn, Thiem just destroyed and broke Djokovic there. Rafa needs to be on his toes.

Do you think Thiem has any chance against Rafa in a French Open semi?

I think that Rafa is nailed on for his 10th FO title and number 2 in the rankings. Only matter of time before he returns to number 1.

BarcaGirl

Do you think Thiem has any chance against Rafa in a French Open semi?

I think that Rafa is nailed on for his 10th FO title and number 2 in the rankings. Only matter of time before he returns to number 1.

Thiem did beat Rafa in Rome a few weeks ago ...but this is RG and this time it's over 5 sets. I'm hopeful that Rafa is going to win :)

Home of Barca Fans