Tennis

BarcaGirl

I love Rafa, but I'm not mad at how that ended ...good for Del Potro. He has earned this final, after all kicked out the djoker :)

Pablo Escobar

Very bad surface, too slow for this period of the year, gets very slow as the balls have an accelerated usage too.
Spectators were dreadful especially when a Brazilian played, I've read many comments of tennis fans saying they're now happy Germany dismantled their faces two years ago and kept them quiet, they should learn tennis isn't football.
I, for one, was a Kustavo Guerten when I was a kid and watched him play at big tournaments a few times ( usually lost, was never in Paris ), even that very spectacular match against Pioline and he had screaming fans but there were few, this here crossed the line for tennis.

US Open only a few weeks, and finally Ashe is covered. :D

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Rafa losing to Nishikori :facepalm: :( oh well, at least he won gold in doubles so it's okay

Nadal is a beast! What a comeback to win the 2nd set :worthy:

Last edited:

Nucky

Đoković fan here.. Though I really don't watch tennis much.. Only sometimes when Đoković is playing..

zanela

The USO has been a disappointment. Whatever the circumstances I can't accept a winner who's completed all of 3 matches en route to a GS final. That's akin to ATP 500.

Hope Stan saves it from turning into a total farce. But the fact that I'm behind him, he will most likely lose. :banghead:

Atleast, the women's section was rescued by Plíšková.

Asylum15

My mom is so pissed that Stan won.

She's such a hardcore Novak fan that my father is reserved to the fact that if she ever crosses paths with Novak in real life, then...

Yeah...

Pablo Escobar

Stan is great for 2-3 big tourneys a year, but what Djokovic "loves" about losing to him is that the guy is 2 years older than him, so practically it says directly: you have at least 2 years from now to continue winning majors seeing Stan doing it, tennis is no longer dead after your're 29/30. Something some said after the '15 RG, when he lost is that there is a mathematical chance of 99% for him to be Champions in Paris by RG '17 simply cause there aren't other rivals and Stan is too inconsistent to dominate in the same tournament 2 years in a row, not to mention 3, and it actually proved right as he achieved his Career Grand Slam already in 2016.

So I think that by mid 2017 he'll be tying Nadal on GS and by the end of 2018, Federer's record will be on the brink of extinction.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans