Tennis

Guardian

But Roger was missing first serves and making several unforced errors, very uncharacteristic

Roger had possibly the toughest schedule on his way, he met two big hitters like Raonic and Tomic and then Tsonga. Even in the second round he had an experienced opponent like Davydenko, while the only quality opponent Murray met was Simon, who was tired after an exhausting 5-set match with Monfils. Federer is not 24-25 year old any more and if he had a better draw he might have reached the final.

Anyway, Murray and Djokovic will dominate in the next 2-3 years to come.

BarcaGirl

Why can't Djokovic just disappear, like forever ...can't stand his face anymore. Thank god Rafa is coming back soon.

Banana-Rama

Why can't Djokovic just disappear, like forever ...can't stand his face anymore. Thank god Rafa is coming back soon.

i wouldn't bet on nadal getting back to his best unfortunately, he has been out of tennis for a long time, he has the same tendonitis in his knees that ended owen hargreaves football career, it is tougher for a tennis player..........

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Unlucky Murray but he lost to a magnificent player who it seems you have to play out of your skin to gain each point let alone each game!

E

estranged

That Federer match took a lot out of Murray. I'm not a fan of Nadal by any means, but to be honest at least he's not as repetitive or mechanical as Murray or Djokovic. It's a lot more fun watching guys like Federer or Nadal (well the Nadal of late who's less conservative and willing to take a risk now and again) than the tortuous 70 minute sets between Djokovic and Murray, just keep returning and hope for the other guy to make a mistake. It's like Di Matteo's Chelsea against Greece of Euro 2004.

abual3bed1

As much as I dislike Nadal, I want him back ASAP just for him to prevent Mugray from reaching finals and making the scotsman his little bitch again.

Home of Barca Fans