Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

I am Leg End
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor_Sunyol View Post
    And then gets to thump Djokovic.

Yep

The Messiah
    I really wish Tsonga wins a grand slam, he needs to up his game a bit more in the crunch matches.

You're not even a real journalism
    Is Federer likely to beat Murray? He had good odds so i put a bet on Federer winning.

I am Leg End
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    Is Federer likely to beat Murray? He had good odds so i put a bet on Federer winning.
    I don't know his current odds, but before the tournament started he was 5/1 to win the whole thing I did place a few quid on those tasty odds!!

Monster Masch
    Murray, Murray, Murray, what a champ. Continues to improve his game and wipe away the things holding him back. 2-1 up against Federer, you can do it.

You're not even a real journalism
    Come on Roger. losing to that noob ffs.

Could've done with the money aswell

Andy Murray beats Federer! Brilliant game, and it now looks like Murray has his number.

Really enjoyed the match, and the final should be another super thriller ride!

I miss Nadal.
    Football is a simple game. It’s just very hard to play it simple. -Johan Cruyff

“Messi can play anywhere.. Even in water.” -Van Basten

Monster Masch
    Murray!

I am Leg End
    This is his 6th GS final. More importantly it's his 3rd in a row (and the Olympic Gold is sandwiched in between). Quite simply he's been in the top 2 in the world since June last year and if he can keep this up will easily overtake Federer in the rankings. Still not convinced Nadal will come back like he was.

I'd say its 55/45 to Djokovic in terms of the final. Tough one to call but I'd give the slight edge to Djokovic.

Mike the Knife
    Only caught a bit of the match but Roger looked pretty poor - injured?
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

just an old man i guess ...

Not that I hold any animosity towards Djokovic or anything...

But I'd love to see Murray win this one. The way he has always gone from being either British or just Scottish depending on how well he does in tournaments has always made me feel a bit sorry him

The difference in the pace of the ground strokes was quite striking in the Murray- Fed match. It was like a heavyweight fighting a middle-weight, we've seen this a lot more in recent times as well like for example when Fed lost to Tsonga in the quarters at Wimbledon or his loss against Berdych in the US Open. Federer is getting pushed around and out-muscled by the bigger hitters in recent times like Tsonga and Berdych and now Murray is striking the ball very hard as well. Fed's serve is also lacking it's edge, he's never been a power server and relied more on placement but it seems like he isn't getting the cheap points on serve like the other top guys are when they play against him and he's having to work harder to hold his serve.

Mike the Knife
    But Roger was missing first serves and making several unforced errors, very uncharacteristic
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

yesssss first set murray :beer2: