User Tag List

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that with the slowdown of the surfaces, the slowdown of the tennis balls (diameter larger) and the new technology (tennis rackets) led the game to a real marathon. Who errs less win, not who make more winners. Before being a tennis players, you have to be a marathon man. The tennis has existed for 100 years, serve/volleyball players have always existed, but unfortunately they have disappeared in the last 5-6 years because of this exaggerated and absurd slowdown of the surfaces and the rest. The last AO was played on a surface so slow (slower than RG) and with tennis balls so slow that finally the circuit begans to complain about (finally!!).
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

You're not even a real journalism
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Andy Murray the GOAT?

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzido Da Bass View Post
    Is Andy Murray the GOAT?
    No Daniel Bryan is the GOAT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it before here as well, Federer's reign at #1 won't last long, the performance that we saw in the semi's and finals at Wimbledon is more the exception rather than the norm. I think Federer should retire after winning one more GS. It's always been tough to win in tennis when you're in your 30's but it's even more difficult now due to the increased physicality of the sport and the fact that Fed's game isn't hard on his body explains why he's been able to compete at a high level even after turning 31 but I don't think he has much left in his career.

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be that hasty. He is still good enough to reach semis of grand slams on a regular basis and on any given day depending on the surface can beat the other 3.

It is when Federer cannot reach semis of grand slams that the questions about him seriously need to be asked, but he looked good today and it was a close game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a close game at all and he looked completely demoralized out there.He was completely outclassed. And it wasn't just this match, he was well below-par throughout this entire tournament, Andy just kind of exposed it today. Fed just doesn't produce the goods against the top players on a consistent basis anymore ,atleast not like he used to. But considering he's 31 (which is practically ancient in tennis terms) isn't too bad. More and more,his movement, timing and footwork look sluggish and off....
    Last edited by hellsangel1; 13th October 2012 at 05:42 PM.

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close game in terms of the score of the sets which were 6-4 6-4. Murray has outplayed Federer many times but lost. Federer could have a bad game and still win against anyone up until a few years ago.

As I said it is when Federer doesn't make the semis on a regular basis that the serious questions about him needs to be asked. Even at 31 he is still far superior to all but 3 tennis players in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what you mean when you say that Murray has outplayed Fed many times but lost, it's actually the other way around, most of Murray's victories usually came on smaller tournaments when Fed was usually focused on the Slams and in the Slams Federer was able to bring his A game and stamp his authority. It was clear to everyone who the superior players was.The head-to-head doesn't really tell the true story between these 2 guys, although obviously now it's different with Federer entering the final phase of his career.
    Last edited by hellsangel1; 13th October 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murray ...still the biggest choker ever
    "Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was totally beyond my control."

You're not even a real journalism
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the gym earlier & it was on the tele above me, i couldn't stop laughing when Djokovic went completely mad it's safe to say that the racket he was using is no more.

man he was pissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsangel1 View Post
    I said it before here as well, Federer's reign at #1 won't last long, the performance that we saw in the semi's and finals at Wimbledon is more the exception rather than the norm. I think Federer should retire after winning one more GS. It's always been tough to win in tennis when you're in your 30's but it's even more difficult now due to the increased physicality of the sport and the fact that Fed's game isn't hard on his body explains why he's been able to compete at a high level even after turning 31 but I don't think he has much left in his career.
    why should he retire, if he is still having fun playing tennis ?

I would 100% understand if he decides to ritire tomorrow, age, family, all record broken,...but honestly i hope he will play tennis untill he is 60 years old
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not a single teenager in the top 100 which just really shows how much more physical the game is now than what it used to be (and that's really saying something because tennis has always been a physical sport). Which really goes to show how impressive Federer winning a GS and being world number 1 at age 31 really is.

However, sad to say I do think Federer's best days are behind him now and I don't want to see him play second fiddle to the top guys now and that is something which is going to happen pretty frequently from now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    murrays level has really dropped since the us open, that second set was ugly, really poor performance today, federer was nothing special today, novak will beat him in the final........

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO the Australian open is heading to a climax now.

Azarenka - Li Na and Djokovic - Federer/Murray final.

I think Li Na has a better mental game than Azarenka and thus will win in 3 sets. I think Djokovic would beat Federer but its 50/50 for me if Murray beats Federer. I think Murray has the game to beat Federer and is currently playing better tennis. However his duels against Federer is Grand Slams will always be in his head until he beats Federer in a GS, so in that sense Federer has that edge over him. Tough one to call that. I'll be bold and let my heart rule my head and say Murray wins it in 4 sets.

In Lucho we trust!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then gets thumped by Djokovic.

"Impavido Pectore"