Tennis

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
There are four Grand Slams in the Calendar year.

Australian Open in January

French Open in June

Wimbledon in June/July

US Open August/September

Murray won US Open last year.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Think Andys been putting something in everyone's tea

I put £10 on del Potro at the start.

Come on, you lanky bastard.

Last edited:

Ghost

To put it into perspective, this defeat of Federer is the equivalent of Rafa getting knocked out of French Open in the second/third round to a lowly ranked player.

Which will happen when he's ~32 like Federer. It is a miracle that Fed is still in the Top 3 at this age.

Bitter Kneedal fanboys really make me laugh.. :lol:

MagIX

Which will happen when he's ~32 like Federer. It is a miracle that Fed is still in the Top 3 at this age.

exactly
Unbelievable that they do not even notice this fact....really tennis experts

Bitter Kneedal fanboys really make me laugh.. :lol:

they are pathetic, login only to commet Federers defeat

Last edited:

SEvolution

Whatever helps you sleep at night :lol:

Well, the same Fed won the wimbledon last year and whoever watched the game last night did praised Stakhovsky's performance as RF looked clueless against his tactically beautiful serve and volley play.

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

Glad Sharapova's out; i may be able to watch a woman's match without the sound muted!

About time an opponent complained about the level of noise these 'screamers' make on court. #spoilsitformostpeople

Richard.H

This tournament is for Djokovic to take. I really hope he racks up another grand slam. Can't stand Murray, Nadal, Del Potro, and a lot of the other players in the top 10 except for the GOAT Federer.

Ghost

Whatever helps you sleep at night :lol:
Whatever man.. :lol:

I'm simply stating that its laughable to see people making fun of Federer who's 32 for crashing out early when Nadal who is 27 and is supposed to be at his peak crashed out even earlier. Yes, I know this is Nadal's least favourite surface, but 5-6 from years from now he will be this bad even on Clay.

It IS quite an achievement that Federer is still in the Top 3 at this age. And anyone that thinks Nadal/Djokovic will be the same 5-6 years from now is delusional.

DavidVillano1

Whatever man.. :lol:

I'm simply stating that its laughable to see people making fun of Federer who's 32 for crashing out early when Nadal who is 27 and is supposed to be at his peak crashed out even earlier. Yes, I know this is Nadal's least favourite surface, but 5-6 from years from now he will be this bad even on Clay.

It IS quite an achievement that Federer is still in the Top 3 at this age. And anyone that thinks Nadal/Djokovic will be the same 5-6 years from now is delusional.
Federer's in much better shape than Nadal especially with his knees on grass courts. He moves about much better and has always been excellent fitness wise, of course this result is up there with Nadal's shock. Federer has been making the QFs of slams for the last 30 odd times and grass is his best court!

Djokovic will win more slams in his 30s than Federer does, remember this comment! Federer is 31 btw and currently now number 5 in the world!

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Glad Sharapova's out; i may be able to watch a woman's match without the sound muted!

About time an opponent complained about the level of noise these 'screamers' make on court. #spoilsitformostpeople
Yeah, I feel the same about screaming grunts in Women's Tennis. I simply can't watch it and if anything it's amusing for a few moments. The thing is, i'm sure it's 100% not neccassary, surely they can stop doing it? Anyway, the only womens game i've seen so far is the one Laura Robson won, which was just all about the Tennis and a great game.

DavidVillano1

I don't think that is going to happen, but we'll see..

He will be 32 in 5 weeks, so yeah. And he's actually #3 at the moment. David Ferrer is #4 and Nadal is #5. :)
In the current live rankings Federer drops two places mate as he lost numerous ranking points from Wimbeldon. But yeh technically he's still number 3 until the official rankings are updated, just like technically he's 31. :p

http://live-tennis.eu/

Home of Barca Fans