Cricket

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He always seemed a bit too reckless to me. His partnership with Rohit looked promising, but he just had to ruin it. He should realise that it's okay to go after singles and target the 4th or 5th bowler.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Twitter has waged against Times now for thrashing indian team. Good to see fans support the team despite the loss. They completely deserve, those 7 matches are some good matches and they have the exceeded the expectations of many. I never expected India to reach this far tbh, proud of them. If Virat was in form maybe we could have done it. After tendulkar we seriously lack a batsman who we can completely rely on. Many good batsman but consistency is lacking. The bowling seems to have improved a lot except in the last match. Shami was very ineffective in taking wickets initially and smith innings was master class. It is never going to be easy beating Australia in their home ground.

In my opinion we had a good WC and we have something to look forward to in future.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
NZ are just shit away from home, aren't they? What a shame.

Not shit. Just made a big mistake of not scheduling some of their games in Australia. Even a couple of games against minnows could've done the trick. Just like Australia suffered playing in New Zealand in the group match against them, New Zealand suffered not playing in Australia for a very long time.

Didn't manage to judge the pace of the wicket.

The pace of the wicket and conditions in Australia are different to New Zealand. Less swing and seam movement, but more pace and bounce in the pitch.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They still did really bad though in a freaking World Cup Final. Should have applied themselves better..... Disappointing. Hopefully Boult and Southee will get a few wickets early on to make the game interesting

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Not shit. Just made a big mistake of not scheduling some of their games in Australia. Even a couple of games against minnows could've done the trick. Just like Australia suffered playing in New Zealand in the group match against them, New Zealand suffered not playing in Australia for a very long time.

Didn't manage to judge the pace of the wicket.

The pace of the wicket and conditions in Australia are different to New Zealand. Less swing and seam movement, but more pace and bounce in the pitch.

True, poor decision on their end. The larger ground didn't really do them any favours either. Still, I would've expected more than 183 runs in WC final. That's just humiliating. The Aussies might chase it down in just 30 overs. Some stupid wickets as well. Especially that last one. :facepalm:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Expecting NZ to go all out attack from the start. It's their only chance. Bolt, Southee, etc. must step up.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well that was completely predictable. Australia are just too good, beating them in their own ground is just plain impossible.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Congrats to the Strayans. Clearly the biggest favourite to win it at the start of the tournament and they pulled through. Magnificent performances in the finals.

With that said, am I the only feeling let down by this WC? I'm not a fan of the ICC trying to turn an ODI tournament into a T20. There was no contest between bat and ball.

Home of Barca Fans