Cricket

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really disappointed by SA.... I understand that they worked their asses off to get into that position and didnt want to lose, but it leaves a sour taste in the moth. Should have gone for the win.

They could have made history, but chickened out. Not a patch on the great WI and Aus teams.

Samuel Eto'o

Was actually thinking the same thing if it were those two teams they would have gone down fighting. The run out of du Plessis changed their thought process. That draw is within their nature. Nonetheless hats off to them to demonstrate such mental fortitude. Wanted Steyn to throw his bat while Philander kept his cool. India got wickets at crucial stages to ensure SA stayed in their cage.

Last edited:

DonAK

Yep. Faf's run out really changed the game. Did you see what Steyn said to Philander when he came out to bat? He said; 'Can you believe that he(Faf) got fucking run-out'

They were going for the win, but that dismissal changed everything and they played out for a draw. Amazing effort by them by saving the game which shows why they are the #1 team, but the fact that they got afraid of choking left a really sour taste in the mouth.

Ah well... I guess this being a 2 match series only, they didnt want to risk to lose at any cost. They wont get it easy in the next and final match at Durban though, which resembles the SC quite a lot in the usual nature of the pitch.

Samuel Eto'o

The stream I was using kept giving trouble so I consistently checked Cricinfo for updates. Steyn is a prick.
Totally agree with paragraph three but lets just hope they perform all discipline well in the next match.

Philander deserve some credit as well he kept them in the game in the first innings. Handsomely reduced India's total.
This match had a bit of everything for both team. Excellent test match.

What's eating Swann? Had a few childish comments on twitter.

DonAK

Hahaha, Swann is such a douchebag. Very illtimed statement in a situation where the England team are already in tatters. He is probably talking about KP, especially KP. They're known for being not so good friends.

Samuel Eto'o

Kallis will hang up his bat after this test series. Had a stellar career both with bat and ball. Best all-rounder in my time. South Africa will miss his talents. India won the toss and will bat first.

Meanwhile in New Zealand Windies managed to win a match. Still don't want them to return to the Caribbean.

And over in Australia England managed to stumble to 226 for 6 with KP 67 no because the Aussie fielders were playing hot potatoes. All this in front of a record breaking test match crowd of 91 091 at the MCG.

Last edited:

DonAK

Yep. Legend. Lets see if he can leave on a winning note, looks difficult atm though with India in a great position. I would not be suprised if India even win here, they do have a very good chance. SA may regret that they played the last match out for a draw.

England as usual falling like a pack of cards.

Samuel Eto'o

England started telling themselves they had Australia's number instead of playing the game. Well they are back to their usual suffocation of the batsmen and lets hope they make a mistake. Australia have a nice run rate of 2.48

South Africa would have to dig deep and perform both discipline brilliantly for that to happen.

DonAK

I think one of the major reasons for England's failure this Ashes has been the ultra defensive strategy they have adopted. They just go into a shell and never manages to come out of it. Mitch Johnson has been great, but if you dont attack him or Siddle or Harris or Lyon then how are they gonna unsettle them? They got to be more positive. They cannot let the bowlers run over them.

BigBarcaBoy

I think one of the major reasons for England's failure this Ashes has been the ultra defensive strategy they have adopted. They just go into a shell and never manages to come out of it. Mitch Johnson has been great, but if you dont attack him or Siddle or Harris or Lyon then how are they gonna unsettle them? They got to be more positive. They cannot let the bowlers run over them.
good to see the positive approach work so well last night, spineless display

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I thought England were going to win this test, but the way it's going Australia could make it 4-0.

Home of Barca Fans