Boxing

K

kingleo

Mayweather would have beaten him in 09 or 10 as he is quite simply better.

I disagree the 09/10 Pacquiao was ridiculous he was so so fast and so accurate with his punches, Mayweather would never have been able to handle that volume of punches with the power and accuracy of Pac, imo Mayweather will not retire undefeated i think he will lose in 2013 to either Guerrero, Rios or Canelo.

Floyd doesn't deserve to retire undefeated after ducking Pac in his prime!

89Norcal

That's been Floyd's strategy at the tail end of his career. It's brilliant to be honest..wait until a superstar faulters, THEN take a fight with him - Marquez, De la Hoya, Mosley. Many of his in-prime opponents were inferior fighters, though he did fight Jose Luis Castillo, but like many fights he just cruised through on points with his trademark boring counter technique. Cotto and Hatton weren't at Floyd's level, yet he rejects fights like Pacquiao or Margarito in 08.

Top Rank was trying to say there should be a Pacquiao-Marquez 5 with the winner fighting Mayweather. Forget that...Let the two real boxers retire in all their glory.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm predicting a JMM-Mayweather rematch, Floyd would love that - an opponent who can't even hit him, and when he dominates him he can use that as justification for not having to fight Manny (if anything, Manny's team is going to be ducking Floyd now).

Manny should just retire with his legacy intact, but I doubt he turns down another payday....I'm expecting either a Bradley rematch or someone who will play into his game more like Rios.

I'd love to see any of these guys take on Maravilla but sadly Martinez isn't marketable enough for a guy they are afraid could beat them...so far Mayweather has been ducking Martinez like crazy.

Last edited:
K

kingleo

I'm predicting a JMM-Mayweather rematch, Floyd would love that - an opponent who can't even hit him, and when he dominates him he can use that as justification for not having to fight Manny (if anything, Manny's team is going to be ducking Floyd now).

Manny should just retire with his legacy intact, but I doubt he turns down another payday....I'm expecting either a Bradley rematch or someone who will play into his game more like Rios.

I'd love to see any of these guys take on Maravilla but sadly Martinez isn't marketable enough for a guy they are afraid could beat them...so far Mayweather has been ducking Martinez like crazy.

JMM vs May would be interesting if Marquez can bring that crazy power that he suddenly has in his right hand in the ring against Mayweather! but i agree as much as i would love to see Maravilla take on Floyd it just wont happen because Floyd knows what will happen!

I would love to see Canelo vs Floyd though in 2013!

Pepe Silvia

Marquez was taking viscious hits in the fight same as first 3. Then comes out with some wicked haymaker that just dropped Pacman like a sack of bricks. Pacman comes back wins every round after that, wins the 6th round then at the freaking bell gets dropped like he dumped Marquez' sister. That was crazy and it seems that Pacquaio was much smaller, a half step slower and less menacing than he was during his Cotto fight (hmmm...). On the flip side, Marquez was a whole hell of a lot bigger, faster, and much much stronger. (HMMMM......). Redemption for Cotto, I say.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
That knock out was DEEEEEEEE'SCUSTIN!

Brilliant hit by Marquez, you could see he was waiting for it and he nailed it.

Poor Pac-man, possibly my favourite boxer of all-time, but like Nolan has said, this is probably it for him.

desoe

I disagree the 09/10 Pacquiao was ridiculous he was so so fast and so accurate with his punches, Mayweather would never have been able to handle that volume of punches with the power and accuracy of Pac, imo Mayweather will not retire undefeated i think he will lose in 2013 to either Guerrero, Rios or Canelo.

You can't really make such a judgment based on Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

It was not really that difficult to hit them as they all tried to fight fire with fire against Manny. Basically they made it a lot of more easier for him.

Floyd is a whole different story. If Marquez is such a difficult opponent for Manny, what does it say to you about Floyd? What Marquez can do in his defensive stance and counter-attacking style, Floyd can do it even better. How I said before, Mayweather is like a boxing machine. Too damn skillful.

I love Manny and I'll always love him for his prime performances, which were a gift for the sport of boxing. But honestly, I think his style and characteristics just fit Floyd perfectly. He'd shut him down with his intelligent way of fighting and win the damn fight on points. Maybe he'd get hit a couple of times, maybe he'd get rocked once or twice. But Floyd is not Ricky Hatton. He'd never get exposed for a KO punch like that.

What I mean basically - don't look at the Hatton/Cotto/Margarito fights and think that it'd be the same thing with Floyd. It would be not.

89Norcal

Nice to see others see through Floyd's BS. He's a very good boxer, but imo hasn't been tested like the greats of his generation.

I would hope Pac would just run off to his political duties and retire if he doesn't fight JMM again. If Floyd is gonna fight anyone for a rematch it should be Ortiz-despite his stupidity he was the only one I've seen put Floyd under real pressure, which I think played a part in Floyd's decision to exploit a vague rule and cold cock him.

Pepe Silvia

Ortiz?!?! Give me a break he was giving Floyd besitos in the ring... literally.

The only real test for him has been Cotto, he said it himself.

I think Saul Alvarez could give Floyd a good fight, one thing I will say about Floyd is he has lost a bit of speed, in his last three fights all opponents in one way or another have been able to get close to him, Mosley rocked him, Ortiz was able to cut the ring effectively until he had that brain fart and Cotto was able to land good shots throughout the fight.

B

BrianSwan

I think Saul Alvarez could give Floyd a good fight, one thing I will say about Floyd is he has lost a bit of speed, in his last three fights all opponents in one way or another have been able to get close to him, Mosley rocked him, Ortiz was able to cut the ring effectively until he had that brain fart and Cotto was able to land good shots throughout the fight.

Floyd really ruined his legacy with his persistent ducking.

Got a lot of money but should have done so much more with his talent.

desoe

It's an obsession. Everyone is obsessed about something. For example, I'm obsessed with wearing sneakers all of the time, even in cold winter with all of the snow around. Floyd is obsessed with '0' in his record. Never realized that neither one of the greatest fighters in history (except Marciano) have such a record. And they don't need to.

89Norcal

Ortiz?!?! Give me a break he was giving Floyd besitos in the ring... literally.

The only real test for him has been Cotto, he said it himself.

Cotto? lol he never had a chance, Floyd never lost control of that fight and it was a purely money based compromise to no Pac v. Mayweather. Then Cotto and Mayweather went gay for each other in the post fight. Floyd's no dummy when it comes to entertaining, he made sure to keep it high tempo while winning easily. 118-110, 117-111, 116-112 (<--lol) nuff said.

Ortiz is the only fighter in recent years to put Floyd in legit pressure, bottom line. Saul is too young imo, needs time to fight some more top caliber opponents

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans