Boxing

veryfatchocobo

lol, this boxing drama. Also, so bored of looking at notes and books that I'm writing this wall of junk below. I think some people on this board will probably agree and disagree with this and possibly add to the discussion without it being a flame war of epic trolling.

Based on what I've read around the internet from "big" boxing sites: Marquez hires Angel Hernandez, previously known as Angel Heredia, a known PED distributor. Balloons in size at the age of 39 (faster than Pacquiao IIRC). Pacquiao smaller than Marquez in part 3. Pacquiao looked derpy. Rigged fight in favor of Pacquiao. Next year, Roach calls foul play on Hernandez/Heredia, saying Marquez is on steroids. Alex Ariza cries foul play on Roach, saying that Heredia won't do what he did in the past, and they're BFFs. Roach and Pacquiao "oust" Ariza. Roach says stop steroids by taking out weight/body trainers. Ariza complains Pacquiao isn't doing any plyometrics. Roach (and Pacquiao?) requests drug testing. Top Rank declines testing via VADA and USADA, claiming no one requested real drug testing. Then he complains about VADA and USADA being stupid or something. I bet you guys Marquez is going to look like a tank, while Pacquiao will be a midget next week. AND PACQUIAO WILL WIN DUE TO ARUM AND HIS MATCH FIXING ANTICS. CONNECT THE DOTS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE.

I've been defending Pacquiao from steroid allegations, but something is definitely wrong here. I know this is all speculation and fluff, but seems to me Pacquiao could be on steroids (though I'm still leaning towards he's clean). Ariza linked himself to the PED distributor Heredia. At the same time, Roach says Marquez is roiding and then ousts Ariza from camp who defended Heredia. His remarks against strength coaches was obviously aimed at Ariza and to a lesser extent, the same type of "scientific" strength trainers that Ariza and Heredia "are." Could he be suggesting that Ariza was giving Pacquiao illegal substances? This is what I'm really thinking.....

Another thing is that Arum could be blocking USADA and VADA because obviously, they're catching PEDs. It's reasonable to blast USADA because of their contract with GBP. However, flaming VADA is uncalled for IMO. So yeah, I believe, based on this, Arum knows one or both of the camps are juicing, and he's blocking the testing to avoid losing money from a positive test. Otherwise, the tests would be good publicity for Marquez but more importantly, Pacquiao. He has nothing to lose with a negative test from VADA. Why not take it, Manny? I don't understand why Arum would say no other than someone (or both) is taking PEDs.

Another timely drama came down between Pacquiao and Jingkee. They were fighting during the time of the de la Hoya fight, begging Pacquiao to not go up in weight. Before this came to the media, one of my family friends who is a relative of Pacquiao already said something was wrong between them before the media found out. Their fighting stopped before (or after...) the Mosley fight, which was when, coincidentally, Pacquiao started slowing down. She talked to media saying that she didn't trust her husband during their down time and that she was 100% against him going up in weight, which is now obviously fine now. Perhaps, Pacquiao's loss of speed and their stopped fighting isn't coincidental after all? When she said don't go up in weight, maybe she meant stop taking steroids? Maybe she didn't trust her husband with his weight gain? Divorce is illegal in the Philippines, yet the biggest sports celebrity of the Philippines was close to doing it? Maybe they're not fighting anymore because he isn't taking steroids anymore, which is marked by his sluggish performances during and after Mosley..... DUNNO SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, but perhaps he really was juicing. And that's not just an embarrassment to the Philippines (ugh whyyyyyy), it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for boxing if true. Keep in mind though I'm still kinda leaning towards a clean Pacquiao.

Something I'm pretty sure about though is that Marquez is definitely on steroids. Between his fight with the Australian guy and Pacquiao III, he ballooned in size at the age of 38. Between this time, he was working with Heredia. Pacquiao didn't even change as much as Marquez did between his fight with Diaz and de la Hoya. Also, Heredia changed his name when the media came to meet him during the 24/7s. BIG RED LIGHT! Why would you change your name, Angel? I don't understand why someone would create an alias to the general public (aka HBO watchers) unless he was doing something illegal. Conte was one that pointed this out, and they were working together during the BALCO scandal. Something's definitely not right. Now, Pacquiao's arms are smaller than his previous fights, while Marquez's shoulders are now the size of his head (too lazy to find pics, but the 24/7s show Marquez's size). They weren't like that before until this incoming fight... And is it really possible for a 39 year old to get that big in such a short amount of time and improve in performance? UGH Sorry if there are Mexicans on this board that follow boxing, but dunno, I really think he's on PEDs, and there's a possibility that my bro Pacquiao may be on it, too. I really hope I don't offend anyone here.... If Marquez isn't on PEDs, then I stand corrected .-.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

That Cotto/Trout fight was a borefest. Told cats that Cotto was past it the night before but no one believed me. He hasn't been the same since the two cheats (Margarito + Pacquaio). Sucks but it's over.

Who the hell wants to see that rematch next week, I sure as hell don't and neither does anyone else I've talked to about it. I'll download it if I don't show up somewhere but I defo won't be buying that bs.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I am boycotting watching Marquez - Pacquiao 4. I mean what is the point of it? So Marquez can finall get the W against Pacquiao?

raskolnikov

Its the final chapter between two atg's, you rarely see 4 fights between 2 boxers nowadays, only vasquez vs marquez comes to mind.
First 2 fights were extremely close, last one was a jmm fight, the fight tomorrow will be close as well eventhough both guys are past it imo.
Pac vs Jmm fights are always fun to watch so why not watch it?

Cristofol

Does anybody here actually box? I box/wrestle/bare knuckle fight anyone else, do you solo or part of a team? I only wrestle in team, though have competed in solo wrestling tournaments
Oh and Richard Towers is a great boxer very underrated

Dan1983

Its the final chapter between two atg's, you rarely see 4 fights between 2 boxers nowadays, only vasquez vs marquez comes to mind.
First 2 fights were extremely close, last one was a jmm fight, the fight tomorrow will be close as well eventhough both guys are past it imo.
Pac vs Jmm fights are always fun to watch so why not watch it?
Cause I would've rather seen a Pacquiao vs Bradley rematch.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Cause I would've rather seen a Pacquiao vs Bradley rematch.

I mean considering the BS result I feel cheated wanting a rematch, but they need to settle the score there.

I'm probably watch tomorrow but it's just sad, both guys are past it and the last fight was a snoozefest.

Dan1983

Anyways my prediction is another close fight with yet another contraversial decision. In my opinion having watched the first two fights numerous times, Marquez won them both, and the third was a draw.

veryfatchocobo

I mean considering the BS result I feel cheated wanting a rematch, but they need to settle the score there.

I'm probably watch tomorrow but it's just sad, both guys are past it and the last fight was a snoozefest.
IMO, they don't need a rematch. The W for Pacquiao was as clear as day. Bradley's not even in that calibre that Arum was making him out to be. But because of this fight, apparently Mayweather wants to fight him (what....)

Dan1983

Of course Mayweather would want to fight him. It means him getting the W against Bradley, where as Pacquiao in the record books has the L against him. By the way, is anyone really bothered whether Mayweather and Pacquiao fight anymore?

raskolnikov

Floyd isnt fighting toprank boxers though,him fighting Guerrero is more logical.
Pac will probably get a controversial decision tonight and then end up fighting Rios in may.
I wish Pac and jmm fight it out tonight get a fair draw if its close and then both retire, its best for both of them.
Rather than continue and end up getting beaten around like Morales recently.

K

kingleo

Pacquiao will win by TKO tonight! the ref will have to jump in and stop the beating that Pacman will give Marquez, also Pac will knock Marquez down at least twice during the fight.

veryfatchocobo

Pre-fight post. Larry Merchant thinks Marquez is obviously roiding lol. As for the other fights I saw, Gesta so raw, and the fight was boring. Farenas did much better than I thought, but obviously Gamboa was better.

Home of Barca Fans