Boxing

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Take AJ out of the UK comfort zone into a crowd that will not necessarily root for him, put him against an experienced heavyweight who boxes longer and can take a shot slightly better and we got an upset. Gotta climb back up the mountain AJ!

We just saw what a lot of people have been saying about him for years. Always thought he was overhyped myself. Fury is the real champion no matter what these people say. Even Wilder will be a really tough fight and he could even knock him out, because it’s clear that he doesn’t have the best chin at this point. AJ is in a tough situation, tho. Lose some fights in boxing/MMA and your hype is gone. Has to win that rematch or it’s pretty much over for him.

Zidane82

Porter robbed on the scorecards.. predictable

Caleb Troux currently trending , Tweeting about the robbery .. Enzo Maccarinelli agrees Porter 7 to 5 , maybe even 8:4

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Ruiz isn't going to win this on the scorecards. He'll need a knockout eventually when Joshua's gastank starts running out.

Sailor Mars

Embarassing from Ruiz to show up with even more weight than his last fight. Guy got his payday and lost his motivation.
Joshua was boring but atleast he was smart this fight. Wilder or Fury would easily take care of AJ.

El Gato

Villarato!
Ruiz was doing fine most of the fight. Getting clocked with jabs isn't a way to lose a fight, but it's not a way to win a fight either. He hasn't embarrassed anybody, nor has he been embarrassed. He's still a guy who can take a hard hit and not get rattled while forcing his opponent to change his game in order to beat him. Respect.

Sailor Mars

Ruiz was doing fine most of the fight. Getting clocked with jabs isn't a way to lose a fight, but it's not a way to win a fight either. He hasn't embarrassed anybody, nor has he been embarrassed. He's still a guy who can take a hard hit and not get rattled while forcing his opponent to change his game in order to beat him. Respect.

As a boxer, he is very good. But, there was no reason for him to be 15 lbs heavier. Ruiz admitted he partied for 3 months straight after winning the title. His trainer wanted to start camp in July, while Ruiz showed up in September.

Anyway, looking forward to a Wilder/Fury rematch. Joshua better not duck the winner.

El Gato

Villarato!
As a boxer, he is very good. But, there was no reason for him to be 15 lbs heavier. Ruiz admitted he partied for 3 months straight after winning the title. His trainer wanted to start camp in July, while Ruiz showed up in September.

Anyway, looking forward to a Wilder/Fury rematch. Joshua better not duck the winner.

True, but Ruiz has the winner of that fight locked on I think. He knows he hasn't done as much homework as AJ did, but he did enough to earn a future title shot again. This is good time for boxing. 4 guys around the same level, whoever wins which fight. I think only Joshua v Wilder will bring a similar level of emotional engagement to the fight though so rooting for that to happen. It can't all be Mr Nice Guys.

Total-Football

Fury schooled Wilder lol.

They said they would box at 5 am my local time ended up starting at 6 am. A sleepless night but it was worth it. Too much hype to miss the fight.

I would say everyone expects Fury to school wilder. Hell, wilder gets usually schooled in most fights. He just a very dangerous one trick pony. The KO punch. U never know if it comes or not. What I didnt expect is the offensive approach by Fury as opposed to the first encounter.
That hit to the ear really was the end of the fight because if a boxer looses his balance he can never do anything else I think the fight should have been stopped even earlier.
I hope for Fury vs Jushua and à Fury Wilder 3 would be nice too.
Don't wanna bring politics into this but as a neutral it was really weird to see Fury getting more love on home soil than Wilder. It is as if Wilder is the outsider in his home country (race implications, question mark). But this is parenthetically.
Yeah.. Good fight. Heavyweight boxing >>>> other fighting sports

Total-Football

Would someone hand me the L for staying til 6 am to watch Mike tyson vs Roy Jones lol. Disappointed as fuck.. Mike too seemed disappointed. Roy was completely unprepared he came to throw hugs all game.

fergus90

Canelo vs Smith should be interesting this weekend. A year ago I would of said Smith was too big for him, but he massively struggled against John Ryder who is of similar build to Canelo.

Home of Barca Fans