Baseball

hellsangel1

Really looking forward to the second half of the baseball season.

It will be interesting to see what the Nationals do with Strasburg. I believe they are the best team in the National League and one of the contenders for the World Series so it'll be really tough if they shut their ace down.

XaviMessiGirl

Really glad to see such a good showing from Giants players in the All Star Game. After last year's nightmare season (worst way to defend a WS title ever, though it was largely caused by injuries) we look good again.

hellsangel1

Hate to see him go to the team that I dislike the most. Do you think he would have passed Pete Rose's hits total had he started his career in the MLB??

On the other hand, what an amazing performance by Felix Hernandez in his last outing against the Yankees. I remember in one of the innings, he had runners at first and third with nobody out and it was terrific to watch him pitch out of that without giving up any runs. This sport can be such a joy to watch especially when you have the right match-ups.

And how about those Oakland A's sweeping the Yanks.......

hellsangel1

I wonder if the Rangers did the right thing by not re-signing CJ Wilson and going after Yu Darvish. I think Yu has talent but I don't see him developing into an ace that can lead the side to a World Series. I think at the most he's going to develop into a solid No. 2. Colby Lewis being out for the year doesn't help either, I think the Rangers are really lacking an ace pitcher like the Cardinals had last year with Chris Carpenter who can lead them to the World Series. With Josh Hamilton most likely not returning after this season, the Rangers really need to go for it now. I think Ron Washington realizes this but I don't think they have the prospects which they can give up to land any of the pitchers that are on the market right now.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Wanted St. Louis to win so Pujol's legacy is hurt relative to Yankees players.

Oh well, ain't watching. Good luck to everyone.

XaviMessiGirl

I have to work during the first four games though :facepalm: Hope we can take it in five so I can see it happen. But we'll probably torture ourselves and go the full seven.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No interest in the outcome in truth but interesting that my hometown is in the finals against my adopted one

City of Detroit probably needs a win more than SF

Home of Barca Fans