FC Barcelona basketball team

Leo_Messi

Have a very hard time believing that this current board (that have neglected our basketball section criminally) would be able to not only land a player like Mirotic but Cory Higgins, Brandon Davies and most likely Álex Abrines as well. That would probably make us instant favorites for the Euroleague and all the domestic titles.

Pesic renewing until 2021 is great news. He has been one of the main reasons for our return to the top after a very, very pathetic state given the history and standards of our basketball section, especially in more recent decades.

Pangos won't continue and it is almost a given that Singleton will follow suit.

If we could just get rid of freaking Tomic, I would be very happy.

11 days later and all 4 have been signed. Impressive.

Have to give credit to the work of Nacho Rodríguez. The team that we are building is arguably one of the strongest European teams ever. On paper that is. Will be exciting to see how it will work in practice. The expectations will be huge but I would be a bit cautious given the desert wandering in recent years. From 16 league championships from 1980 to 2012 to the past 5 years of horrible (overall despite some trophies here and there) performances.

What is baffling is why it took so long? In particular with Bartomeu at the helm who is more well-versed in the world of basketball than any other section. Not even 2 years of dominance home and abroad will justify the past 5+ horrible seasons overall, absurd transfers and no sporting project in sight.

Messi983

Euroleague leaders after 10 games

The team responded well after El Clasico loss by beating Fener and Maccabi in two days for a combined almost 50 points. We have another home game against CSKA Moscow tomorrow.

Pretty happy with the season so far. New signings are giving what is expected from them, especially Mirotić. 8-2 start in Euroleague is even more impressive because of injury problems at PG. Heurtel has been out all season and won't return before January/February, Pangos is out too and Delaney missed a couple games as well so we had to play with Higgins, Hanga or a youngster Bolmaro in that position in some games. So while we are already playing well I think we should be even better in second half of the season.

raki

The team responded well after El Clasico loss by beating Fener and Maccabi in two days for a combined almost 50 points. We have another home game against CSKA Moscow tomorrow.

Pretty happy with the season so far. New signings are giving what is expected from them, especially Mirotić. 8-2 start in Euroleague is even more impressive because of injury problems at PG. Heurtel has been out all season and won't return before January/February, Pangos is out too and Delaney missed a couple games as well so we had to play with Higgins, Hanga or a youngster Bolmaro in that position in some games. So while we are already playing well I think we should be even better in second half of the season.

Agree. Heurtel is a great player. He and Higgins will make an awesome duo.

Messi983

Lol, and after I've praised them they go and lose for 30 points at home against CSKA. :lol: Didn't watch the game but I'll take this as just a bad day and I believe we'll recuperate soon. Next up: Khimki away.

We've already won for 30+ vs Tenerife yesterday so this is a good sign. It was a pretty close game for almost 3 quarters but we dominated in the last quarter. BTW, Ante Tomić has played his 400th game in the ACB league.

Messi983

We've lost in final of Liga Endesa against Baskonia.

Pesic was sacked. I think we'll replace him with Jasikevicius. I wouldn't mind Obradovic either but he apparently wants to take a one year break from coaching.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ante Tomic also left. I wonder if all of these latest actions the club took with regard to the basketball section were a result of a genuine desire to restructure the basketball team or rather because we don't have the money to sustain it any more (we have been losing money on the basketball team almost every season)?

Home of Barca Fans