Hockey/NHL

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
No news really, a lot of empty comments from both sides.

Apparently this hinges upon the issue of salary cap enlargement and revenue sharing, and as far as Fehr and Bettman go - they'll have another meeting next week in NYC.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Latest News:

After spending 2-3 days on playing hardball with each other, Bettman and Fehr are not even talking at the moment. The meeting held in New York was an absolute mess and the two parties are even further away from reaching a compromise than they initially were.

Seriously looks like third lockout just might happen after all.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
In other news: there's been plenty of mishap in the Finnish SM-liiga over the past few days concerning Semir Ben-Amor's overly violent conduct towards HIFK's captain Ville Peltonen. There's a good possibility he might get actual jail time over what he did.

[youtube]1ZWKZL3zjJQ[/youtube]

What a nutter.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Sad time for hockey fans.

Both the owners and players can piss off, both are obsessed with only their own egos and greed. And of course Bettman and Fehr are scum.

The players deserve some leverage but their refusal to consider any paycut takes away any sympathy I might have. The players trying to justify their stance have only made it worse - trying to claim a paycut for a millionaire is the same as it would be for regular people. You don't see them concerned about the people who will actually struggle to provide for their families if the NHL season is cancelled.

hellsangel1

I tried to get into this sport during the playoffs but I just couldn't.

I thought i might give the regular season a try but oh well.....

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's official, the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn. Name and logo stay the same.

In other news, end this goddamn lockout already. :cry:

thezone

It's official, the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn. Name and logo stay the same.

Good for them. I don't know how the new arena is like but i guess its a trade up and they will market new fans while being able to maintain their old fanbase.

Home of Barca Fans