Hockey/NHL

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Need. My. Fix.

It's a travesty that both the NHL and NHLPA are acting like petty children, with absolutely no resolutions in sight.

barcanuck

Meh the league is a joke now. All the momentum they build always ends with a lockout! So choked at these mofos I just want them to lose the whole year.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Rumors going around that Bettman is on his way out. Owners are fed up with him.

Haha, would serve him right.

Not that Fehr brothers are any better, but still. Bettman's been known for his relatively aggressive negotiation tactics with very little flexibility for compromises.

There have also been rumours that the NHLPA would be dissolved and revamped to a similar structure of the one used in NBA and NFL.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Rumors going around that Bettman is on his way out. Owners are fed up with him.

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that they were able to get a lot more done without him (and Don Fehr) at the negotiating table. For the first time there's genuine optimism; nothing is set yet but there's a genuine commitment to keep working through the week. They are finally acting like adults again.

There have also been rumours that the NHLPA would be dissolved and revamped to a similar structure of the one used in NBA and NFL.
Decertification would have been such a massive disaster. Both the NBA and NFL resolved their lockouts as soon as that threat was on the table.

Last edited:

barcanuck

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that they were able to get a lot more done without him (and Don Fehr) at the negotiating table. For the first time there's genuine optimism; nothing is set yet but there's a genuine commitment to keep working through the week. They are finally acting like adults again.

Decertification would have been such a massive disaster. Both the NBA and NFL resolved their lockouts as soon as that threat was on the table.

All I want from this lockout is Bettman out! That's it.

AURELIUS

Hope not. Disappointing from Team Russia. Great top end talent although Yakupov was very disappointing compared to Grigorenko while Kucherov and Nichushkin impressed. Had their chances , showed some super stick handling again but little team play for which the coach deserves a lot of criticism. Precious little cycling of the puck and no cohesion in any units. PP unit was dreadful.

Took Mironov's goal to actually wake up a side that excelled in Canada in the Subway Series.

Pretty fortunate that Sweden are in the gold medal game after the third period. Although they were hampered by defensive injuries but that is a shoot out for you. Switzerland also impressed. Muller looks like a top 1st round draftee now.

AURELIUS

Need. My. Fix.

It's a travesty that both the NHL and NHLPA are acting like petty children, with absolutely no resolutions in sight.

Too greedy. Seems to be prevalent in all sports. I wonder if sportspeople ever take a look around once in a while and see how the rest of the world are struggling and then demand even more money.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Nichushkin has all the tools to be Malkin-light but I'm not sure he has the brains. He has extreme tunnel vision and holds the puck too long. He looks good against kids he can run over but against stronger adults in the NHL he might struggle a little, assuming he wants to play in the NHL to begin with. Still worth the risk for whoever drafts him since he will probably fall out of the top 15 this year.

Barkov was somewhat disappointing for the Finns, he really needs to improve his skating to be elite but that kid is so intelligent not to mention massive. However of the 2013 draft class the guy who impressed me the most is Elias Lindholm, damn I want him on the Habs.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Finns screwing this tournament up royally. The press is all over those guys for not showing when it mattered. Seriously, they nearly took a beating from THAT Swiss side.

An enormously disappointing tournament, and can't say there are any future stars in that team bar Armia, Barkov, Granlund and M. Aaltonen.

thezone

That Collberg SO goal. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Finally a Habs Swedish prospect worth a damn. Hope Sweden take gold again.

he missed a sitter in the game, but still looks good. That SO goal was really nice, really hard for a right handed (stick holding hand) goalie to take.

Home of Barca Fans