Basketball/NBA

khaled_a_d

The interesting question is if Toronto is here to stay for the next season or this was just a perfect storm for them.

If Kawhi stays, only him has a contract past next year.
There might be some good FA in 2020 too and most of their players (other than Siakem & Fred) will probably get less if they renewed.
They have also been able to get some bargains. I think they will remain competitive though I think next couple of years will be the start of Denver vs Bucks rivalry

Mitchell1978

Not taking anything away from the Raptors because you can only beat who's put in front of you, but the Warriors seemed almost cursed these playoffs.

That being said the Warrirors are absolutely a historic team:
3 NBA titles
5 straight NBA Finals (only second team ever to do that)
NBA record 73-9 regular season in 2015-16
322-88 in the regular season over those 5 seasons (79 % win record)
NBA record 16-1 in the playoffs in 2016-17
77-28 in the playoffs over those 5 season (73 % win record)

Richard.H

Congratulations to the Raptors! Amazing display by the whole team. VanVleet surprised the hell out of me. Came out of nowhere. Dude was getting 5-10 mins in the magic series and now he’s shooting threes in Curry’s face. Dudes gonna get paid this offseason.

Mitchell1978

Looks like Lebron might get a shot at a 4e title after all, Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers, if they can get a 3e star (someone who can shoot threes) they could be set.

khaled_a_d

Lakers trades any future insurance with such trade.
2023 & 2025 unprotected right to swap picks, 2024 unprotected pick. 2021 protected top 8 and if not conveyed 2022 unprotected. In addition to their young core with exception of Kuzma
If Davis turned into another DHoward they are screwed.
OTOH, if they land Kemba and all remain healthy they are top 3 in the west.

Richard.H

They are making big moves because Lebron only has about two seasons left at top level. Now or never for the Lakers. One more star (either Kyrie or Kemba) and we are good.

I hope the ticket prices don't go up insanely high. It's already about $200-$300 for semi decent seats. I'm not paying $500 for the mid sections.

Hardy

quite ironic how suddendly things has changed for Lebron, first that """"unexpected"""" 4th pick crucial for Davis trade, then the implosion of a dinasty for injuries, now ovest looks wide open and Lakers have the most terrific combo in the entire Nba, even without a third all star they are already a contender.

El Gato

Villarato!
even without a third all star they are already a contender.

Wouldn't be so sure. Their team is still full of braindead, shaqtin-a-fool-worthy players.. While LeBron might have gotten somebody to play with, they need the right role players to get past the best in the conference.

FCBfan22

Rubio to Suns.
Bojan Bogdanović to Denver.
Jeremy Lamb to Indiana.
Malcolm Brogdon to Indiana.

Rumours:
Danny Green to Mavs (only if Kawhi goes to LA)
Jimmy Butler to Heat
Kemba Walker to Boston

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Good to see what looks like the end of the Warriors dynasty after 5 years of dominance and 3 rings. Durant joining them in 2016 was like using cheat codes. Not exactly sad that they did not manage to follow in the footsteps of the most recent three-peat team. That Lakers team (00, 01, 02) will always be my favorite team just due to sentiment alone.

It would be absolutely insane if we managed to acquire Kawhi as well. Him and Davis were always my 2 preferred "star signings" if I could pick. Aside from a healthy Durant despite him not exactly being a youngster anymore (31). To return to the promised land and take the mantle in not only California but in the NBA as a whole should always be the goal for the Lakers. LeBron James might only have 1-2 seasons left at the elite level. Both he and the organization needs some rings after 10 barren years. A base of Davis and Kawhi would be absolutely phenomenal even after LeBron calls it a day in 2-3 seasons.

Exciting times.

El Gato

Villarato!
D-Xko-u-X4-AA8w6-Q-format-jpg.jpg

Fucking lol @ the Suns. Nothing beats the Knicks, but they sure come close.

Home of Barca Fans