Page 132 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2091

Thread: Basketball/NBA

  1. #1966
    Senior Member
    Sailor Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by bismp View Post
    The Warriors are shit Hoping for a championship run next year with healthy Steph+Klay and hopefully some decent roster changes in the off season.

    Finally,on the East,I think that it will be a bloodbath,just like last year.I can see any of the Bucks,Celtics or Sixers easily making it to the Finals and winning it all.Even the Raptors look really good,though it will be really hard(almost impossible) to repeat without Kawhi.
    Imagine the Warriors tanking this season and getting the 1st overall draft pick. They would be title contenders again, similar to the Spurs when they got Tim Duncan.

    And Sixers lacking a perimeter scorer without Jimmy Butler. Ben Simmons still hasn't learned to shoot.

  2. #1967
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Posts
    8,796
    The Warriors are actually incredibly lucky that almost all of their starters got injured simultaneously this season (if they kept KD, that would be 4/5 LMAO) and this makes the decision to tank extremely easy.

    I actually expect them to get the 1st pick, but the question is can they outdo the likes of Wizards, Cleveland and Pistons (who will probably start the rebuild as soon as possible) in tanking.
    The suffering is over.

    Onwards and forwards.

  3. #1968
    Senior Member
    bismp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Forum De Amigos HQ
    Posts
    1,822
    Well,to be honest,the Warriors don’t necessarily need the number 1 pick.If they get a top 10 or top 5 pick they can get a really good player.Then maybe trade D’Lo for 2-3 good role players and they can be contenders again IMO.
    Barto Out

  4. #1969
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Posts
    8,796
    Dončić currently shitting on the Warriors...

    33 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in the first half in 17 MINUTES! Only missed attempts: 1 three pointer and 1 free throw. Scored only 5 points less than the entire Warriors.
    Last edited by FCBfan22; 21st November 2019 at 02:02 AM.
    The suffering is over.

    Onwards and forwards.

  5. #1970
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Posts
    8,796
    35-point triple-double with +/- +45...

    In 25:30 on the court.
    Last edited by FCBfan22; 21st November 2019 at 03:25 AM.
    The suffering is over.

    Onwards and forwards.

  6. #1971
    Senior Member
    Sailor Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Dončić currently shitting on the Warriors...

    33 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in the first half in 17 MINUTES! Only missed attempts: 1 three pointer and 1 free throw. Scored only 5 points less than the entire Warriors.
    Its funny how so many tv analysts in the States were saying before the Draft that Doncic wasn't as good because he played in the Euroleague and not the NCAA. Many Americans are convinced that NCAA is better than any other basketball league besides NBA.

    A lot of scouts also thought he was more of a polished product and didn't have a lot of room for improvement.

    Proving all the haters wrong.

  7. #1972
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,754
    His physique seems a bit unorthodox for a basketball player, especially so nimble and dexterous. Looks like a fatty lol. Isn't fast either, but smart. Sort of like Zidane or Inesta were in football.
    Must say though that current NBA for me is mostly boring. Way too much focus on 3ps and too little athleticism like it was 20-30 years ago. It's like both teams play on easy mode. No wonder scoring is so high recently.

  8. #1973
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
    Its funny how so many tv analysts in the States were saying before the Draft that Doncic wasn't as good because he played in the Euroleague and not the NCAA. Many Americans are convinced that NCAA is better than any other basketball league besides NBA.

    A lot of scouts also thought he was more of a polished product and didn't have a lot of room for improvement.

    Proving all the haters wrong.
    Most analysts that was following the draft was all over him as the next big thing. Draftexpress guys who was starting to work at ESPN were begging teams to take him as 1st overall pick. Most people thought he has ROY locked before the season. Those who doubted him are the likes of SAS (who is a bit anti-international players) but even him thought he is going 2nd.
    You know what, the only one who thought he shouldn't go 2nd is Serbian Vlade Divac. Even the Hawks said they were drafting him if it wasn't for an "extra" high pick they got from the Mavs.
    Ayton selected first because even today the NBA can't get over the obsession with dominant big man. And tbf he is very talented guy (and a friend of Luka too)

  9. #1974
    Senior Member
    Sailor Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Most analysts that was following the draft was all over him as the next big thing. Draftexpress guys who was starting to work at ESPN were begging teams to take him as 1st overall pick. Most people thought he has ROY locked before the season. Those who doubted him are the likes of SAS (who is a bit anti-international players) but even him thought he is going 2nd.
    You know what, the only one who thought he shouldn't go 2nd is Serbian Vlade Divac. Even the Hawks said they were drafting him if it wasn't for an "extra" high pick they got from the Mavs.
    Ayton selected first because even today the NBA can't get over the obsession with dominant big man. And tbf he is very talented guy (and a friend of Luka too)
    There were some that were very high on Doncic, but most of the TV analysts on ESPN thought he was good, but not 1st overall worthy. There is definitely a bias against European player from American TV analysts. They all just focus on the European busts like Bargnani, Bender, etc.
    And some race bias as well because they don't believe white players can hang in their athletically against black players.

  10. #1975
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
    There were some that were very high on Doncic, but most of the TV analysts on ESPN thought he was good, but not 1st overall worthy. There is definitely a bias against European player from American TV analysts. They all just focus on the European busts like Bargnani, Bender, etc.
    And some race bias as well because they don't believe white players can hang in their athletically against black players.
    Some have anti-European bias but not as many as you think. And most of those are the big mouths like SAS or skip etc.
    NBA goes in circles, after the Dirk/Pau/Manu/Parker era Europe hasn't delivered elite players for some time. Marc Gasol was only one close to that. With more Vesley/Bender than Dragic's, SO it was easy for pundits to point fingers toward them. The new wave of elite European players are changing that.
    For Luka, he was one of the least doubted players coming from Europe in recent years. Ayton was overrated a bit (he is good player and big talent) and Vlad was an idiot.
    For example, Trae was 1st player in NCAA history to lead college in points and assists but he had many thinking he is a bust.

  11. #1976
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,754
    Divac was probably just showing his serbian bias.

  12. #1977
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,710
    ^^^ new rumors is that he didn't like Luka dad (they knew each other) and he thought Luka was gonna be a bust and won't work hard just like his father.

  13. #1978
    Senior Member
    Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,181
    Doncic is storming the entire Nba lmao. Kid is just ridiculous

  14. #1979
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Posts
    8,796
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    ^^^ new rumors is that he didn't like Luka dad (they knew each other) and he thought Luka was gonna be a bust and won't work hard just like his father.
    Luka's dad is also Serbian and quite a character, which goes both ways... So I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

    And yes, Saša (Luka's dad) wasn't known for being hard worker.
    The suffering is over.

    Onwards and forwards.

  15. #1980
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,355
    I'm really hesitant to jump on the hype wagon. Love Luka. But I despise all these MVP conversations. It's such laziness to resort to this. Let the guy do his thing in the playoffs rather than live to regret partaking in all this crusade.
    People are boring.