Basketball/NBA

Gnidrologist

Anyone who refuses to participate in public ritual humiliation rituals commissioned by marxist 'community organizers' is a blasphemer and needs to be shunned.

El Gato

Villarato!
I do wonder, do you ever have anything of value to say when it comes to sport? Or do you just get triggered when someone writes three particular letters in a particular order?

Gnidrologist

Don't be so triggered. There's nothing of value to say in current situation with Barca that hasn't been regurgitated to the point of puking. As for NBA, it's boring in recent years. The current ideological farce actually made it somewhat entertaining.

Mitchell1978

People are overreacting a bit.
The NBA is a league dominated by black athletes, and most of good/decent white players are international.

It is normal that BLM gains huge support there. The BLM slogan on court ain't bad either.

The "messages" on jersey is cringy, but it was sort of a bribe by the league so that players thinking about staying out of bubble will play. So it is acceptable.

I get why the NBA goes along with it and why Afro Americans are in favour if it. (though lets not forget how hypocritical these people are when it comes to China/Hong Kong)

But why would a white international player kneel for the anthem, just seems pathetic to me.

Andresito

Staff member
I get why the NBA goes along with it and why Afro Americans are in favour if it. (though lets not forget how hypocritical these people are when it comes to China/Hong Kong)

But why would a white international player kneel for the anthem, just seems pathetic to me.

It's an easy gesture. I'm guessing the black teammates probably appreciate the support from a white friend as well.

FinBarcelonafan

It's an easy gesture. I'm guessing the black teammates probably appreciate the support from a white friend as well.

Yeah good point. Personally not big fan of patriotic countries like USA. They make everybody who fought in Afghanistan a hero. Its just weird to me. Again I am from Finland and our heroes died for the country defending it. To me that's a real hero.

Gnidrologist

You don't have to sport banner of terrorist organization to be supportive of your friends. It's mostly fear that hunveibins will try to cancel disobedient.

El Gato

Villarato!
Can we talk about the actual sport just so he fucks off since he'll no longer be of any of use to anyone in a conversation?

This restart format makes things seem rather even. Not bad.

khaled_a_d

Yeah. Mad times we live in when people get branded racist for NOT doing something or conforming to the masses, not for committing racist acts. Like the rugby player Israel Folau didn?t kneel the other day before a game, news all over it and people criticising him. Many more examples of this. He and anyone else has the right not to kneel.

Don't know about Rugby, In the NBA the general comments was "it is his right" from both media and comments on social media except some extreme trolls.
But the need to put it on headlines is weird, whether it is a clickbait or a dick move to enforce pressure or both. It is just weird.

Yeah, I like it.
Hate the situation for the Mavs, we will most likely get swept by Clippers, and we would even don't get to experience true playoff environment since no fans in it.
Have Bucks for East, and Clippers from the west. Obviously positive Covid test would change everything.

Richard.H

The games have been good. No more cannon fodder teams from the eastern conference.

A few of the ABC7 (local LA channel that airs NBA games) commentators had to choose their predictions on who makes it to the conference finals, finals, and gets the ship:

All three seemed to have agreed on:
Clippers vs Lakers
Bucks vs Raptors

Finals: 2 of them chose Clippers vs Raptors, one chose Lakers vs Bucks
Ship: One chose Clippers, One chose Raptors, and last dude chose Lakers :lol:

Crazy how Raptors are still doing so well even without Kawhi. A cinderella story if they can reach the finals. Also, fuk the NBA for not choosing Nick Nurse as coach of the year. Man was robbed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans