Basketball/NBA

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I guess Giannis didn't get bounced in the 1st round by 10 year old Jayson Tatum and bench bums Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier :coffee: Man got locked down by Semi Ojeleye

and Harden didn't take the greatest team of all time to 7 games while LeGOAT got swept.

I thought you said CP3 took the "greatest team of all time" to 7 games :thinking:

Leo_Messi

I think Kawhi will stay in Toronto now with Gasol trade. But that can change if Lowry dissapears in playoffs again as he usually does.

With the current LeBron's balls licking from Kyrie, I can see Lakers getting Kyrie and AD this summer.

I don't even think that Toronto will make the Eastern Conference Finals. They are notorious bottlers and both Bucks and Philly are better teams IMO.

Once Davis or another superstar joins the Lakers, the second superstar addition would be easier to get and Lakers as a franchise would become even more attractive for said second superstar. A domino effect is needed in other words.

Anyway I won't complain at all as long as we get at least 1 superstar and start competing for the title once again. It's been ages since we last made the playoffs to begin with. Ages for the Lakers that is. That and us getting rid of the mediocrity that is currently present on the roster and potentially a new head coach. Not sure if Luke Walton is the right guy for such a project although I like him as a person and liked him as a utility and bench player who rarely if ever complained.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

I don't even think that Toronto will make the Eastern Conference Finals. They are notorious bottlers and both Bucks and Philly are better teams IMO.

Once Davis or another superstar joins the Lakers, the second superstar addition would be easier to get and Lakers as a franchise would become even more attractive for said second superstar. A domino effect is needed in other words.

Anyway I won't complain at all as long as we get at least 1 superstar and start competing for the title once again. It's been ages since we last made the playoffs to begin with. Ages for the Lakers that is. That and us getting rid of the mediocrity that is currently present on the roster and potentially a new head coach. Not sure if Luke Walton is the right guy for such a project although I like him as a person and liked him as a utility and bench player who rarely if ever complained.

Lakers can only compete if they get 1 more star AND either KD or Klay leave the GSW after this season. Otherwise mission almost impossible.

Or get 2 stars. Than it's an equal game.

Leo_Messi

Lakers can only compete if they get 1 more star AND either KD or Klay leave the GSW after this season. Otherwise mission almost impossible.

Or get 2 stars. Than it's an equal game.

That is what I am was writing. We need at least 1 star to accompany Lebron if not 2. Competing for the Lakers nowadays is first of all reaching the playoffs. That can be done this year if the team gets their act together and plays like they are capable of. Even if Kawhi had moved to us the past summer, the roster would not have been able to compete with the Warriors. Even with 2 stars and Lebron, Lakers would have needed 1 season to geel. Warriors are arguably the best team ever and the best oiled machine.

[MENTION=20321]wisconsincule[/MENTION] You are a Bucks fan right? How likely do you think it is for Giannis to score over 28.5 points tonight against the Mavs in Dallas? Will he be up for it again like against the Wizards and want to prove another point in the MVP race before the All-Star game?

Last edited:

wisconsincule

[MENTION=20321]wisconsincule[/MENTION] You are a Bucks fan right? How likely do you think it is for Giannis to score over 28.5 points tonight against the Mavs in Dallas? Will he be up for it again like against the Wizards and want to prove another point in the MVP race before the All-Star game?

HAMMER the over. Middleton isn’t playing tonight either.

Leo_Messi

HAMMER the over. Middleton isn’t playing tonight either.

Just watched the entire game. Giannis hit the over with 4:20 minutes left of the fourth quarter. What is even better, I went all in with the quite substantial profit that I have made in the past few days betting live (BET365) on Giannis scoring LESS than 32.5 points (3.0) halfway into the third quarter when he had 16 points. As he only scored 4 points in the entire third quarter, he would need to score 12.5+ points in the fourth quarter for me to lose the "all in bet" all while the Bucks having a rather safe lead over the Mavs. Pre-game I made a bet on him scoring OVER 28.5 points (2.0) and not only did he do that he also stopped just at that point score. Talk about a stroke of genius coupled with a bit of luck. I could not believe the live odds and as I was guaranteed a profit (even if I lost the second "all in bet"), I had a good conscious. No silly gambling from my part. However winning the UNDER 32.5 points bet made my initial profit on my initial OVER 28.5 point bet 4 times bigger.:valverde:

Did not see your post until now mate however I was active on a discord app with a bunch of American Bucks and NBA fans. We practically bankrolled the bookies tonight ripping them off of a few 1000's of €. Had Jamal Murray over 18.5 points (1.83) as well.:lol: Now I am not regretting NOT going out tonight.:lol:

Cheers.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Makes me hate Bale so much.

That was a very "Valverde like" reaction.:lol:

Anyway a testament to how well the country (Spain) has been doing in regards to building a potent basketball infrastructure (arguably the best in Europe in the past 1-2 decades), talent work and scouting work.

khaled_a_d

That was a very "Valverde like" reaction.:lol:

Anyway a testament to how well the country (Spain) has been doing in regards to building a potent basketball infrastructure (arguably the best in Europe in the past 1-2 decades), talent work and scouting work.

Spain for sure has the best youth system in Basketball in general. France & Australia are close.
Greece and Eastern Europe has been declining despite having good history

Leo_Messi

Spain for sure has the best youth system in Basketball in general. France & Australia are close.

Second to none nowadays. Can say this even considering my natural bias.

Álex Abrines was waived off by OKC. People don't really know what is going on but it would be a great thing if he returned to BCN and helped us make a run in the Euroleague.

In other words, we are pathetic. That loss against the Hawks was another confirmation. A must-win game. Starting to believe more and more that Walton is not the right guy. Said it a few weeks ago but he has not proven me wrong since then. Not an easy situation but he should be doing better.

Looks like the dressing room has been lost. Not surprising when over half of them were supposed to play elsewhere had the AD trade worked.

Messigician

Nope, Giannis is the best player in the world and Greece will win the world cup, only the US can compete with us

Home of Barca Fans