Basketball/NBA

Givenchy

the whole 'take the knee' thing really is bullshit. reeks of blacks wanting white man to feel inferior whilst preaching 'equality'.

im so glad la liga didn't indulge in this fuckery, EPL went full retard with those arm patches

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure I can support BLM the organization itself, but people taking a knee in the USA as a peaceful protest against police brutality seem to trigger some of you. I wonder why?

I have my suspicions, but I'll keep them for myself for now.

Gnidrologist

Police brutality, which is, of course problem, has nothing to do with blacks in particular. "Systemic racism" is yet another leftist myth that is fabricated to rile up their pet minorities.
This whole shebang in relation to NBA is specially retarded, because by leftist logic NBA (NFL too) is systemically racist against whites as black athletes are overrepresented. At least this is used when moaning about police having more encounters with blacks. Other thing is that these players have become fucking millionares, while being only good at getting rubber thing through the round hole, but still think their victims of racism lol. Go live in Republic Of Congo and see how great your life will be among your noble kin.

Birdy

Police brutality, which is, of course problem, has nothing to do with blacks in particular. "Systemic racism" is yet another leftist myth that is fabricated to rile up their pet minorities.
What are you talking about?
Police brutality has even been empirically associated with skin color, time and time again. If you haven't seen it, start by reading this, which lists studies.
There are even studies that show that brutality increases according not only to the color but the tone of the color (like this)

But if you haven't heard or seen anything similar at least the last 5 years or so, it sounds kind of suspicious about your intentions

khaled_a_d

BLM organization isn't the movement. Most player care about the movement and equality for black people.
Even NBA superstars will get many racial comments during game, like it happened with Russ before.
So again, it is normal they will support it and have it written on court, also normal that they will have that Jersey statements that was a corporate bribe for those players who wanted to sit down. Even kneeling isn't a big issue for those who want it.
Only problem for me is the pressure that the media put on them, nothing else. Everything else is understandable since those players don't have to share same political opinions as me or anyone else and their stand is really understandable considering their background.

El Gato

Villarato!
What are you talking about?
Police brutality has even been empirically associated with skin color, time and time again. If you haven't seen it, start by reading this, which lists studies.
There are even studies that show that brutality increases according not only to the color but the tone of the color (like this)

But if you haven't heard or seen anything similar at least the last 5 years or so, it sounds kind of suspicious about your intentions

Are you not familiar with Gnidrologist's work?

I guess now you are.

Gnidrologist

Citing 'studies' that pushes conclusion before research and are heavily narrative based doesn't help the scam. Using their methods we can conclude that NBA and NFL are racist against whites just by examining the racial composition of the leagues players. Let's see from another perspective.
In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18? times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
"Let's see from another perspective"

Quotes a random blog :lol:

I don't even know why a 50 year old guy living in some obscure Eastern European country that will never see any black people or brown people get triggered so much by things like this.

Richard.H

I don't even know why a 50 year old guy living in some obscure Eastern European country that will never see any black people or brown people get triggered so much by things like this.

The other dude is from Belgium and spouting the same nonsense as gnidrologist. I can't tell if there's some Infowars/Breitbart invasion of BarcaForum or if this forum is attracting some hardcore right-wingers. The funny thing is Barca is probably the most liberal/accepting club in Europe.

The contrast between the other forums I browse and here is astounding. Definitely might just learn Spanish and browse the sport/mundo deportivo comments section for my barca fix...

Mitchell1978

The other dude is from Belgium and spouting the same nonsense as gnidrologist. I can't tell if there's some Infowars/Breitbart invasion of BarcaForum or if this forum is attracting some hardcore right-wingers. The funny thing is Barca is probably the most liberal/accepting club in Europe.

The contrast between the other forums I browse and here is astounding. Definitely might just learn Spanish and browse the sport/mundo deportivo comments section for my barca fix...

Off you go then... no great loss

Regarding politics this forum is quite refreshing, as you can have different viewpoints across the political spectrum. On a lot of sports forums only liberal/PC is allowed these days.

Gnidrologist

Because this propaganda poison from Western world is contaminating everything and our local libruls are very happy to go along the party line. It doesn't concern only race/ethnic issues, it's overwhelmingly destructive on basically all social policy as the only goal of marxists as it has always been, is to destroy society one building block at the time. We have already experienced that in the past and we won't allow that anymore, capisci?
Also the author this random blog refers to is amercan criminologist and official crime statistics. Sorry i didn't find this information on Vice or Washpost/NYT. They don't seem to care about facts that contradict feelings.

Btw, you should go to the red cafe or smth. It's absolute heaven for sjws and they ban people for even slightly wrong opinions swiftly. Maybe you will find taste for MU too there.

Home of Barca Fans