Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

Talk about a huge mess. Not even making the playoffs most likely and losing against the teams that we have lost to recently is just shocking stuff. No two ways about it. Loses against the Hawks, later to win against the Rockets at home, to loss against the Pelicans and Grizzlies, later to win against the same Pelicans and now 2 defeats in a row against the Bucks and the freaking Suns.:facepalm:

Lebron, as good as he is, is no killer like Kobe was. I don't see it in him. Age is catching up with him as well IMO. Time to look at the team and project in a long-term perspective and post-Lebron already. We really need at least 2 superstar signings this summer and to the keep the likes of Ingram at least. I was highly critical of Ingram earlier in the season but the past 2 months he has been a different beast altogether and it is hard to look past him. Kuzma on the other hand is disappointing and talent wise Ingram was always the bigger talent. Things might have returned to "normality" now.

We were very good around November-December, up until that Christmas Day game against the Warriors. After the Lebron and Rondo injury the team went to complete shit. I also did not understand the Zubac trade at all. Why would you trade such a big prospect away?? :facepalm:

Leo_Messi

We were very good around November-December, up until that Christmas Day game against the Warriors. After the Lebron and Rondo injury the team went to complete shit. I also did not understand the Zubac trade at all. Why would you trade such a big prospect away?? :facepalm:

Yes, that was the key moment. Lebron's injury messed things up and the final blow was the whole AD situation that was handled wrongly by all parties and which contributed to the implosion within the squad. It has not been the same since.

No, I already commented that Zubac trade a few posts back. Magic must have smoked some serious shit or had one bottle of wine too many. Anyway while I liked Zubac I doubt that he will be anything more than a decent center. So not the end of the world but obviously it does Magic and the organization no favors when looking at the overall picture which is not pretty considering what most of the fanbase rightly could have hoped for. Not even making the playoffs (most likely) is a huge blow.

We need 1 or 2 superstar signings (preferably 2) this summer. That and trying to keep Ingram if he continues his rise. Rest, with the exception of Lebron are all surplus to requirements. Even Rondo given his age although I would try to keep him.

Really not bothering to mess my sleep schedule completely to catch Lakers game (unless it is a weekend game or I can take a day off if I feel like it) at 04:35 in the morning or earlier depending on the kickoff time in Cali. Not worth it. If I was based in California I would obviously watch as many games as possible but this mess? No, thank you.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

[MENTION=20321]wisconsincule[/MENTION] mate what is your take on Giannis OVER 24.5 points (1.83) tonight against the Pacers at home? Likely or not in your mind? Been a while since I threw money at Giannis (almost always a banker) or at anything for that matter.

Never mind, looks like he won't be starting from the start. Too risky if he is coming off the bench and playing limited minutes. Alas. Will probably still watch the game and might do a live bet involving him or others or the game as a whole.

EDIT: He ended up starting and it was a banker like usual.:lol:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Ingram has DVT, out for season.
This -in some cases- can be a serious condition, it was what ended Chris Bosh career. Hope a speedy recovery for him and hopefully it won't affect his career.

khaled_a_d

You probably haven't seen Zion yet, he is the real deal.

[youtube]4scM5pjdavI[/youtube]

Nah, I know Zion and big fan of him myself. Kid is gonna be something special.
But Ja look something else. He seem like pre-injury DRose. A freak of nature with more fundamentally sound game than Zion. Kept steadily improving over the years.
[tw]1108855099672154114[/tw]

George_Costanza

Nah, I know Zion and big fan of him myself. Kid is gonna be something special.
But Ja look something else. He seem like pre-injury DRose. A freak of nature with more fundamentally sound game than Zion. Kept steadily improving over the years.
[tw]1108855099672154114[/tw]

Kid seems like the clear number 2 right now after Zion. He is exciting and seems like he has Westbrook athleticism but he is undersized (6'3) to which doesn't usually translate to superstar at the NBA level.

Watching March Madness all day today.

George_Costanza

Taco Fall- UCF Knights

ar9R82L.jpg

Home of Barca Fans