Basketball/NBA

KingLeo10

New NBA season is upon us.

The last couple of weeks with this whole China thing shure has been intresting.
The virtue signaling woke crowd getting exposed, Kerr, Popovich and especially Lebron as the hypocrites they are.

Lebron being exposed was one of the great developments of this saga.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Popovich also tried to avoid it, strange for someone so outspoken about Trump and social justice in the US

Not sure what Popovich said, but one concerns their own country and domestic affairs while the China issue does not. Very different.

LeBron however fucked up, would have been better off not saying anything tbh.

I don't want to get into politics here, but if anyone believe that the Trump Administration are doing a good job domestically or internationally, they're just dumb. That's it.

Unfortunately for the US, their alternatives are pretty bad too, but the drain the swamp, not a part of the establishment bullshit the guy ran with got exposed pretty quickly as expected.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I agree with Donak. If someone decided to avoid trouble talking about some other country, I won't call him exposed. Pop & Kerr done the right thing.
Those ass kisser like Harden & Lebron OTOH? Especially for someone vocal like Lebron? that was something

El Gato

Villarato!
Somebody got a decent, clear review of what was actually said in coherent order of events? Taking a dip through endless ESPN and BBC articles is mind-numbing.

El Gato

Villarato!
Just the highlights from last night make me want to consider getting league pass. Man did Kristaps look good.

[tw]1187189330743349248[/tw]

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Donke tearing it up on the 1st night...

...but, but he hasn't got the tools to make it in the league. Pathetic.

I wanted Luka before the draft, but every player out there was doubted before he entered the league. Hell, even during there early career like Lebron.

Just the highlights from last night make me want to consider getting league pass. Man did Kristaps look good.

[tw]1187189330743349248[/tw]

Don't get too excited, outside of Luka & KP the roster consists of 8 solid bench players, 2 end of the bench players (Barea & Boban) ,2 G-league players, couple of scrubs who might give you some rarely good nights (Lee & Broekhoff) along a rookie who won't contribute.
This team really needed either 2 good starters or one super star. With the west being a blood-path don't hold your breath for a play-off spot.

El Gato

Villarato!
I’m not. Should we care if we’re not in the playoff conversation? At least season could have glimpses of fun based on streaks unlike ever since we broke up the vet team. We’re not at Timberwolves, we’re better than that so being anywhere close to 50% record is good, whether it grants us playoffs or not.

CatalinR10

Been watching some Lakers games and that KCP guy is such an atrocious basketball player lmao

The Rakitic of the Lakers

Or maybe even that is a compliment to him

SMH.

FCBfan22

Dončić balling out yet again. Stayed awake and not dissappointed.

42 points 12 assists 11 rebounds

2nd player in NBA history under the age of 20 to record a triple double with 40 points.

The other? LeBron James.

Sailor Mars

Raptors looking really good. Great coach and great young players that play intense defence. Masai Ujiri needs to make Giannis 2021 happen.

bismp

Luka is tearing the league apart already.Looking forward to watching his career unfold and I hope that he wins multiple championships,MVPs etc.For now,a realistic expectation for them is to make the playoffs and possibly the second round(that would be hard though in the West).As for Luka,I can see him finish top 3 or 5 in MVP voting.The only thing bringing him down at the moment is the meh record.

As for the rest of the league:

Harden is casually averaging like 37-40 ppg :lol: And still he may not get the MVP :lol: The Rockets seem good though.However,I’ll be damned if a team led by the Harden-Westbrook duo wins a championship.

The Lakers and the Clippers are also quite good,but we’ll have to watch the season unfold to make more accurate predictions about the playoffs.Just everyone predicted though,so far they seem like teams that can win it all,especially the Lakers.

The Jazz and the Nuggets also seem really strong and I can see them making a huge upset and making it to the Finals,especially the Nuggets.

The Warriors are shit :lol: Hoping for a championship run next year with healthy Steph+Klay and hopefully some decent roster changes in the off season.

Finally,on the East,I think that it will be a bloodbath,just like last year.I can see any of the Bucks,Celtics or Sixers easily making it to the Finals and winning it all.Even the Raptors look really good,though it will be really hard(almost impossible) to repeat without Kawhi.

My boy Giannis is a serious contender for back to back MVPs.Looking forward to many Giannis vs Luka finals in the future.

All in all,the NBA this season is the most competitive it has been since at least 2010.At least 6-7 teams are serious contenders this year IMO.

Home of Barca Fans