Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

I'm so fed up with Scott. Horrible line-ups (Kelly at the 4, Bass at the 5), terrible decisions (no timeout called when needed), no defence at all, limits the youngsters minutes and decides to play vets who have no future here. I mean, it's a tanking year, just let the youngsters develop. Can't believe so many of our greats (Magic, Worthy, etc.) wanted him to coach us, he's easily been worse than Brown and D'Antoni.

On a positive note, we might just so terrible that we can land a top 3 pick. It's just a shame to see Kobe go out like this.

I'm not sure if it's Scott or if the team is just not good enough. The only really good coaches available now or Scotty Brooks and Tom Thibodeau. Who would be a good fit for the Lakers though? I personally think Tom Thibodeau would be a good coach to bring. He will make the team very defensively strong. The Lakers are just piss poor terrible at defending any player.

SocalBarcaFan

Thibs would be good just to give the team some sort of defensive identity. I mean the defending this year year is beyond bad. But you gotta expect that with such a young team. Brooks would be good too. Pretty much anything is an upgrade over Scott. Also Luke Walton might worth a gamble. Currently the assistant to Kerr at GS and even got some practice as the head coach with Kerr recovering from back surgery. Scott is just too old school. I mean his team is set up with 3 promising point guards. They should be running PnR like every other team. Instead it's just a lot of Iso and off ball screens getting players who aren't great shooters open shots outside. I suppose part of the problem is That's the way Kobe has played his whole career and I'm fine with the Lakers sucking one more year to see #24 one last time. Just wish Scott and Kobe would get with the times.

Richard.H

Thibs would be good just to give the team some sort of defensive identity. I mean the defending this year year is beyond bad. But you gotta expect that with such a young team. Brooks would be good too. Pretty much anything is an upgrade over Scott. Also Luke Walton might worth a gamble. Currently the assistant to Kerr at GS and even got some practice as the head coach with Kerr recovering from back surgery. Scott is just too old school. I mean his team is set up with 3 promising point guards. They should be running PnR like every other team. Instead it's just a lot of Iso and off ball screens getting players who aren't great shooters open shots outside. I suppose part of the problem is That's the way Kobe has played his whole career and I'm fine with the Lakers sucking one more year to see #24 one last time. Just wish Scott and Kobe would get with the times.

I agree that they just run more pick and rolls. You would expect them to since it's a young and athletic team. I would love to see more pick and rolls with Randle and Russell. The team shouldn't sacrifice itself for Kobe.

SocalBarcaFan

I truly think this will be the last year of us Laker fans struggles. Kobe leaving is like a 90% certainty after this year and I think Scott will be gone too. The good young core of Clarkson, Randle and Russel will have a year of NBA experience under their belt and I think the Lakers upper management will be smart enough to get a coach that will play to those players strengths. They will once again have tons of cap room to sign a star or two which may happen once Kobe is gone. Things can only go up from here.

Richard.H

I truly think this will be the last year of us Laker fans struggles. Kobe leaving is like a 90% certainty after this year and I think Scott will be gone too. The good young core of Clarkson, Randle and Russel will have a year of NBA experience under their belt and I think the Lakers upper management will be smart enough to get a coach that will play to those players strengths. They will once again have tons of cap room to sign a star or two which may happen once Kobe is gone. Things can only go up from here.

I agree. I can see us becoming a 7th-8th seed team next year if EVERYTHING goes as planned (new coach, youngsters maturing, etc.)

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'm not sure if it's Scott or if the team is just not good enough. The only really good coaches available now or Scotty Brooks and Tom Thibodeau. Who would be a good fit for the Lakers though? I personally think Tom Thibodeau would be a good coach to bring. He will make the team very defensively strong. The Lakers are just piss poor terrible at defending any player.

It's definitely Scott. Our offense isn't even the Princeton offense as he claims, we are just ISOing every possession. He even encourages Kobe to shoot all the 3s he wants to. Having Russell play off ball is also just retarded. Let him learn by trial and error, it's not like we are looking to win this season anyway.

Thibodeau would be perfect at this point. Hire him to install some much needed defensive steel into the roster and we might make the playoffs within 3 years. I don't rate Brooks as a coach really, but he is great for player development. He'd be a good assistant coach though.

I agree with SocalBarcaFan btw, Walton might be worth the risk. Being a part of GSW's coaching staff should give him an idea on how to succeed in the modern NBA.

khaled_a_d

2-2 for the Mavs ,Dirk is doing well and team is healthy now
Think we can get something around 38 wins at worst and 46 wins at best (big margin I know)
Won't be bad as long as we won't give Celtic a pick between 8-10

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Did I ever mention that I love Jimmy Butler? I know I probably did plenty of times. Has to guard KD (does that well) but is scoring at will on the offensive end. 100% beast.

Home of Barca Fans