Basketball/NBA

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I wouldn't expect Okafor to struggle actually, at least not offensively. His post-moves are already better than most big men in this league and he's got a nice shooting touch. I expect him to get destroyed in defence though.

Okafor was not that great in the NCAA tournament when competition and pressure was higher. I think he'll struggle initially too. It's a big adjustment, and for big men it is even tougher.

You're likely right though, he'll probably struggle a lot more on defense than on offense.

khaled_a_d

There' always someone in the draft who the scouts/experts over-analyze for some reason and he falls. Notable recent examples and coincidentally also 10th picks are Paul George, Brandon Jennings, Caron Butler, Paul Pierce. Justise is a proven winner who performs better under pressure. He's already an elite defender, which will translate to the NBA right away, he is versatile, athletic and has an improved 3 point shot. Oh, and he's only 19. He is likely the surest pick in the draft to pan out to at least a starter caliber player.

I think the Knicks made the right pick with Porzingis, he's talented enough to merit the number 4 pick. Just saying they picked a project player for the near future and if they wanted to compete sooner, they could have gone with another player. Obviously they are in full rebuild, which likely doesn't agree with their fans and the aging star Carmelo.

Look,don't get me wrong here I don't know if Winslow is gonna translate in the NBA or not .I don't follow college enough and don't consider myself gr8 in predecting the best prospects though I can sometimes expect where they get drafted,for example I .thought Bennet and MKG will drafted as high as they did but I thought they will be best players in their draft
It is true that many got overanalyzed (though Jennings look picked at right place )but all what I am saying that teams actually didn't like Winslow as much as fans and at 4th pick he was gonna be huge reach consdering how teams rate him

Egert

Estonian Culé
BREAKING: LeBron James opts out of his $21.5M player option and is now officially a "free agent."

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Look,don't get me wrong here I don't know if Winslow is gonna translate in the NBA or not .I don't follow college enough and don't consider myself gr8 in predecting the best prospects though I can sometimes expect where they get drafted,for example I .thought Bennet and MKG will drafted as high as they did but I thought they will be best players in their draft
It is true that many got overanalyzed (though Jennings look picked at right place )but all what I am saying that teams actually didn't like Winslow as much as fans and at 4th pick he was gonna be huge reach consdering how teams rate him

We're just speculating here :), but I really don't think Winslow would have been a reach at 4. He likely is the safest top 10 pick and the most NBA ready player in this draft. Look at this http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/projecting-the-top-50-players-in-the-2015-nba-draft-class/

Porzingis is a very worthy gamble IMO. Skilled 7 footers don't grow on trees and if he pans out, however long it takes him to pan out, it would prove to be a worthy pick, so you can hardly fault it, but Winslow projects like a Kawhi Leonard/Jimmy Butler type lock down defender, with versatility to defend multiple positions, intangibles, high IQ and competitiveness. I think there will be a lot of people how will curse themselves for over-analyzing some minutiae of his game and letting him slip to 10.

Of course I may be wrong about him :lol:, though I hope not, and I don't think so.

khaled_a_d

This off-season has been crazy .so many deals less than 24hours in freeagency
Hope the Mavs can get one of Deandre Jordan or Wes Matthews .Aldridge seem very close to Spurs

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Teams are willing to give bigger contracts because of the higher cap space in the next years. Explains some of the deals.

Edit: Does not explain the rumour that Tristan Thompson will earn 20 Mil. a year though. Outrageous. :lol:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
This off-season has been crazy .so many deals less than 24hours in freeagency
Hope the Mavs can get one of Deandre Jordan or Wes Matthews .Aldridge seem very close to Spurs

It's really crazy. Can't remember the last time FA was like this.

Anyway, Butler, Green, Knight and Love are all staying put.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cap is expected to raise from roughly $69M in 15/16 to around $89M in 16/17, to maybe in excess of $110M in 17/18. That's why all these deals are nuts and people are very willing to spend money.

$7M deals now will be like $5M deals in 16 and like $3M deals in 17.

That being said, some of these deals are still nuts.

Brook Lopez getting 3 years $60M? Nuts!

khaled_a_d

Cap is expected to raise from roughly $69M in 15/16 to around $89M in 16/17, to maybe in excess of $110M in 17/18. That's why all these deals are nuts and people are very willing to spend money.

$7M deals now will be like $5M deals in 16 and like $3M deals in 17.

That being said, some of these deals are still nuts.

Brook Lopez getting 3 years $60M? Nuts!

Apparently it has some sort of health clause .so it isn't that bad deal
Sometimes team has to overpay .overpaid but good player is usually much better than nothing .hence Nets had to keep Brook ,Cavs had to keep Thompson etc

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Apparently it has some sort of health clause .so it isn't that bad deal
Sometimes team has to overpay .overpaid but good player is usually much better than nothing .hence Nets had to keep Brook ,Cavs had to keep Thompson etc

I think they overpayed for both Lopez and Thad Young. I mean they gave Young $12M a year too.

But I do understand the Nets are in a tough situation and maybe had little choice.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Phoenix also just gave 33 year old Tyson Chandler $52M for 4 years. That one takes the cake. Throwing away money.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Apparently, LMA and Kobe didn't get along in their meeting. Lakers are out of the conversation (we didn't have much of a chance anyway). FFS, Kobe. Do the team a favor and retire.

Home of Barca Fans