Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

Holy crap Clippers beating the Rockets by 34 points right now! Rockets are crumbling and seem to have no answers for the Clips inside out game!

Also, LOL at Howard getting rejected. So far he has been absolutely owned in this series by Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin. Howard is hands down the most overrated center in the NBA. Always pisses me off how the US sports media is sucking on his C**k at all times. ESPN and other networks here are absolutely obsessed with him. Pisses me off to no end.

Last edited:

Richard.H

He never performs in playoffs. It is the same every season.

Even in the regular season, his performances are not that amazing for the media to be so obsessed with him. He's a good center but that is all. I would honestly pick Deandre Jordan over Dwight. At least Deandre can rebound like an absolute monster.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't think the media likes Dwight Howard as much as you say. They criticize him plenty and with good reason. Howard is very talented and if he had his head on right, he'd be dominating Jordan in this series. But alas, Howard's problem and the reason he gets criticized a lot is his weak mentality. He is immature and weak mentally and that always will hold him down.

Harden also once again not stepping up in the playoffs, which has become a thing of his. It happens when a player's game is built around free throws.

That Rockets team looks like they have absolutely no clue how to deal with the Clippers. They look like a team that has play one way and one way only for the entire season, and now that is not working they have absolutely no clue what to do next. If it wasn't for game 2 where they got an unreal 64 free throws in their favor, this series would be over in a sweep.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Even in the regular season, his performances are not that amazing for the media to be so obsessed with him. He's a good center but that is all. I would honestly pick Deandre Jordan over Dwight. At least Deandre can rebound like an absolute monster.

Howard is a lot more talented than DeAndre, it's not even close. Even today he out-rebounded him. Dwight's problem is mentally, he is weak, soft in the head. His problem isn't talent.

He never performs in playoffs. It is the same every season.

Howard does perform in the playoffs. He has a career double double of 20 points and 14 rebounds average in the post season. He's just mentally soft. He can't lead a team.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Howard is a lot more talented than DeAndre, it's not even close. Even today he out-rebounded him. Dwight's problem is mentally, he is weak, soft in the head. His problem isn't talent.

Howard does perform in the playoffs. He has a career double double of 20 points and 11 rebounds average in the post season. He's just mentally soft. He can't lead a team.

I agree that Howard is more talented than Jordan, but his mentality drags him down so much. At least Jordan can constantly give you what he always does: Athleticism and Rebounding ability for all games. Howard is just way too unpredictable. You don't know which Howard will show up each night. Either the one that puts up a double double or the one that gets technical fouls the first half...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I agree that Howard is more talented than Jordan, but his mentality drags him down so much. At least Jordan can constantly give you what he always does: Athleticism and Rebounding ability for all games. Howard is just way too unpredictable. You don't know which Howard will show up each night. Either the one that puts up a double double or the one that gets technical fouls the first half...

Yeah, Jordan has his role, he's an athletic defensive center and he goes and does his role. Howard is expected to be a star and a leader, but while he is certainly talented enough to do this, he just doesn't have the mentality for it.

Jordan improves defensively every year too. If only he had an offensive game, he'd be truly dominant all around. Though with CP3 and Blake there, they don't really need him to be an offensive dominant center. He can get his dunks from feeds by CP3 and Blake, and he can anchor the defense, which he does very well. He's on course for a DPOY soon enough.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Good to see the clown Howard failing once again when it matters the most. A softie that will never reach the heights that his talent enables him to reach.

DeAndre's dunks are as good as his free throws are bad.

The Clippers are one of the most entertaining teams this season. Great offense.

El Gato

Villarato!
I agree that they are defensively bad when love plays but you gotta consider the advantages he brings to the team. They are struggling to get points now, floor spacing is a big issue for them. Lebron and Kyrie are not getting free lanes to operate. And you can clearly see how badly they are shooting.

Point is, he doesn't really. Who cares if you make a shot on offense if you can't get the next stop, because of his zeroic focus.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Love gives you floor spacing without costing you rebounds, but Wolfe is right, he is absolutely dreadful defensively. Cavs already have Kyrie who is a bad defender, with Love in the starting lineup, that's 2 players who are defensive liabilities in a team that really has no defensive stoppers in the starting lineup besides LeBron.

Mozgov and Thompson on the floor don't give you spacing, but they give you rebounding and Thompson is at least not a liability on the defensive end. Thompson also draws fouls on opposing bigs because he's such a nightmare to keep off the offensive boards.

I think Love's defense takes away a lot more than his offense gives you. Love was a bad move by GM LeBron. Should have kept Wiggins.

Leo_Messi

Guys which of the remaining teams in the playoffs do you find the most entertaining to watch?

Personally my picks go to the Warriors and Clippers.

Cavaliers would be entertaining too if the team cohesion was greater and if they were less dependent on Kyrie and LeBron. Those two often seem to be playing on their own.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Warriors and Clips are most entertaining, yes. Hawks used to, when they were playing better.

El Gato

Villarato!
Love gives you floor spacing without costing you rebounds, but Wolfe is right, he is absolutely dreadful defensively. Cavs already have Kyrie who is a bad defender, with Love in the starting lineup, that's 2 players who are defensive liabilities in a team that really has no defensive stoppers in the starting lineup besides LeBron.

Mozgov and Thompson on the floor don't give you spacing, but they give you rebounding and Thompson is at least not a liability on the defensive end. Thompson also draws fouls on opposing bigs because he's such a nightmare to keep off the offensive boards.

I think Love's defense takes away a lot more than his offense gives you. Love was a bad move by GM LeBron. Should have kept Wiggins.

Nah, Love is a decent move. If anything, you win more by improving frontcourt. If Love can outrebound the other big guy in the few games then it's worth it, but that's awfully dependent on the other team's shooting (and your team's shooting too). So in this situation they have a chance of winning, but they have an equal if not bigger chance of losing in the post-season and the don't want that. They just need someone to semi-regularly get stops and discipline the backcourt dudes on the PnR. If they had the money Tyson is a perfect guy for them since even Thompson is a #4, but they can't afford him right now, and Love is not likely going anywhere. They don't need Wiggins, he needs the ball and he's better off in a team like Wolves, Pelicans etc.

Fuck these playoffs are depressing. It makes me kind of root for the Clippers, which is sad.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Nah, Love is a decent move. If anything, you win more by improving frontcourt. If Love can outrebound the other big guy in the few games then it's worth it, but that's awfully dependent on the other team's shooting (and your team's shooting too). So in this situation they have a chance of winning, but they have an equal if not bigger chance of losing in the post-season and the don't want that. They just need someone to semi-regularly get stops and discipline the backcourt dudes on the PnR. If they had the money Tyson is a perfect guy for them since even Thompson is a #4, but they can't afford him right now, and Love is not likely going anywhere. They don't need Wiggins, he needs the ball and he's better off in a team like Wolves, Pelicans etc.

Fuck these playoffs are depressing. It makes me kind of root for the Clippers, which is sad.

Yeah I don't agree. Firstly Love can still opt out and I actually think he just might. If he does, you just gave away a potential Allstar in Wiggins for nothing. Secondly, you had a better rebounder on the team already in Thompson. Whatever offense Love gives you is totally offset by his atrocious defense, and Thompson can make up for the loss of rebounds. I didn't get the Love deal at all.

IMO that was just LeBron trying to recreate another similar big 3 to the one in the Heat, but neither Kyrie nor Love are anywhere near as good defensively as Wade and Bosh were.

I think he would have been better keeping Wiggins and using the cap space to get better pieces.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans