Basketball/NBA

Leo_Messi

The tank is most definitely on. Minnie will win more games now that they have a healthy roster and Knicks get the occasional win due to Melo and Galloway. I think the only team we should worry about is the 76ers.

I'd love to see Kobe win another ring, but it's impossible with him being constantly injured and the huge salary he takes up. Same goes for Nash. As for the rebuilding, we should keep and develop Black, Clarkson (who looks really promising as an SG), Davis, Randle and whoever we get in the draft this summer. I'd be happy with anyone from the current top 5 i.e. Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, Towns and Johnson. The rest can get traded IMO, especially Hill. If we are lucky, we can get a first rounder for him. Make it happen, Mitch.

This season I'd like to see Spurs, Bulls and OKC do well. GSW are exciting to watch, but they look beatable to me. Put up some decent perimeter defence and they get shut down. They rely too much on jump shots. Hawks are definitely serious contenders. Amazing work by Bud so far.

I agree. Philadelphia have looked abysmal so far this regular season. It's bad to want your team to lose "deliberately" but knowing that the possibilities of playing in the playoffs are long gone and us fans getting "used" to the mediocrity it won't hurt me that much.

Yes, Kobe getting another ring to his collection and thus equalling his idol MJ would be a beautiful thing. It's just not going to happen. Kobe is on a massive $48.5 million in cap-crushing salary until the summer of 2016 unless he calls it a day due to persistent injuries. That's simply far too much and poor planning. Regardless of being an institution and a huge financial asset for the Lakers. He is not worthy of such a massive salary to put it mildly. Regardless of his status as a legend.

Speaking about Kobe who would you like to see as a long-term successor? I am thinking about Durant.

Did Nash not call it a day back in October? I recall that he was ruled out for the season and he is 41 years old now. I doubt that he is going to return.

I agree with your visions regarding the team.

I don't think that the Warriors are going to win the title either. I am just rooting for them. For all I care the OKC can win it too if Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Perkins etc. get their shit together. They could learn a lot from the Spurs in terms of team play. Obviously the veteran trio and Pop have been huge factors in their success.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
OKC will never win a title with their current coach.
And Kobe should have taken a pay cut at the beginning of the season. L.A. could have Love now or another good free agent. No superstar though. The Lakers were the only franchise that never had to really rebuild their team until now.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I agree. Philadelphia have looked abysmal so far this regular season. It's bad to want your team to lose "deliberately" but knowing that the possibilities of playing in the playoffs are long gone and us fans getting "used" to the mediocrity it won't hurt me that much.

Yes, Kobe getting another ring to his collection and thus equalling his idol MJ would be a beautiful thing. It's just not going to happen. Kobe is on a massive $48.5 million in cap-crushing salary until the summer of 2016 unless he calls it a day due to persistent injuries. That's simply far too much and poor planning. Regardless of being an institution and a huge financial asset for the Lakers. He is not worthy of such a massive salary to put it mildly. Regardless of his status as a legend.

Speaking about Kobe who would you like to see as a long-term successor? I am thinking about Durant.

Did Nash not call it a day back in October? I recall that he was ruled out for the season and he is 41 years old now. I doubt that he is going to return.

I agree with your visions regarding the team.

I don't think that the Warriors are going to win the title either. I am just rooting for them. For all I care the OKC can win it too if Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Perkins etc. get their shit together. They could learn a lot from the Spurs in terms of team play. Obviously the veteran trio and Pop have been huge factors in their success.

Kobe's successor is a tough one. I like Durant, and he seems realistic enough in the summer of 2016 when is an FA. However, I just love Westbrook. His drives to the rim are unparallelled in the league. He can really take over a game when he wants to, which Durant is also capable of. It's really tight, but I'd go with Westbrook. Getting both with a year between them would be absolutely amazing, but highly improbable - OKC would be done as a franchise in that case. Butler is also a possibility, if Bulls' owner is too greedy to offer him max.

Nash is done, you are right. Sad to see he didn't get to finish his career on his own terms. Hopefully, this won't be the case for Kobe.

For OKC to win it, they'd have to sack Brooks. Clueless coach. While we are talking about sacking, Byron Scott needs to go to.

OKC will never win a title with their current coach.
And Kobe should have taken a pay cut at the beginning of the season. L.A. could have Love now or another good free agent. No superstar though. The Lakers were the only franchise that never had to really rebuild their team until now.

As mentioned above, I still wonder how Brooks is their head coach. With the amount of talent OKC had in their a few years back, they should've had a ring by now IMO. He's really holding them back.
As Leo_Messi said about Kobe, it's a result of really poor planning. I think most of the blame is on the management (read Jim Buss) though. I'm sure Kobe would love to have the chance to win another ring before he called it a day, even if he had to take a pay cut. Sad it won't happen.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Jimmy will stay in Chicago. He never wanted to leave but play for a better contract.
I disagree that OKC should have a ring by now. They had their chance in the finals but that was against a very strong Heat team. As I said a better coach would win more with them but you cannot expect anybody (well expect for some superteams) to win it all. There is no guarantee.

Rapha

For me, OKC has a one the best roster of the NBA, but they have a big problem: Coach Brooks. He is bad with his systems. OKC no will win never a titler with Westbrook.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Jimmy will stay in Chicago. He never wanted to leave but play for a better contract.
I disagree that OKC should have a ring by now. They had their chance in the finals but that was against a very strong Heat team. As I said a better coach would win more with them but you cannot expect anybody (well expect for some superteams) to win it all. There is no guarantee.

It's more of a wish rather than a possibility, tbh. Damn, I love his mentality. He is kind of like Kawhi in that regard.
Any competent coach, lets say SVG, could've gotten a ring out of that immense talent OKC had. Who in their right mind would play Harden as their 6th man? Just look at him now, he's in the running for MVP. A lineup consisting of Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Adams and Ibaka today would definitely be contenders. The fact Brooks still uses Perkins, even though he's clearly past it, underlines his incompetence.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
All-Star weekend starts today. I am pretty excited because NY is the Mecca of Basketball after all. The whole style this year is great too and the jerseys finally look good again.
Who is interested in NY streetball history and pick up games on legendary courts should watch the documentation Doin' It In The Park. I have seen it some months ago and it is pretty awesome.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Steph was awesome. Completely destroyed Irving and Klay.

Yeah, I got high expectations for Zach. Wiggins has really hyped his dunk.

Home of Barca Fans