Basketball/NBA

Leo_Messi

How can you be a choker if you have never really been in a position to win before...

So yeah, you definitely sound like a salty Lakers fan.

That is the whole point. They could have been a power house or a contender in the NBA in the past 40+ years (since they moved to Cali) and yet they have nothing to show for it.

Lakers fans cannot be salty in regards to the Clippers much like culers cannot be salty in regards to pericos. It is a nonsense discussion to begin with when I have been writing the exact opposite. It is good news for the league but it seems that you took offense to me calling the Clippers what they are and always have been.:lol:

In any case they are a rival nevertheless (only in name if you ask me and look at the history) so the banter is normal and natural but from this summer onwards the rivalry might develop into a genuine rivalry since both teams are legit candidates to reach the Western Conference finals.

EDIT: If I should be "salty" about anything, it should be due to our board (although the gamble was the right thing to do, always easier when looking at the situation in hindsight) not the freaking Clippers.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

They played together for 3 years and know each other well. Sure it has been 8 years but I think they can fit together again.
Especially under a coach like Mike D'Antoni who can always make guard based offense work. And most probably one will be always playing when the other is resting.

Mitchell1978

They played together for 3 years and know each other well. Sure it has been 8 years but I think they can fit together again.
Especially under a coach like Mike D'Antoni who can always make guard based offense work. And most probably one will be always playing when the other is resting.

Both are 30 years old now and probably set in their ways mostly, one wants to chase triple double the other wants to play isoball.

The only thing Westbrook has over Paul is age and health.

Leo_Messi

Just reached the semifinals at the FIBA World Cup in China. We could witness the first Spain-USA final to date. Here is hoping.

In other words, Dwight Fucking Howard has rejoined the Lakers to replace the injured Cousins who is likely out for the entire upcoming season. You could not make this up.:lol:

Leo_Messi

USA out of FIBA world cup

Huge upset although France are no pushovers. IMO, France are slight favorites.

Argentina-France in the first semifinal and Spain-Australia in the other.

Australia will not be a walkover at all. Could see us going out against them. They have all their best players available except for Ben Simmons. A shame that Pau was not available.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I didn't expect them to win but going out in the QF is quite bad.

But thats what you get when you don't sent your best, just doesn't cut it against talented and well coached team who are more used to play together.

Leo_Messi

What a game and what a win against Australia! Was one of the better international basketball games that I have seen in a long, long time. Was fearing the worst before the game but the team prevailed.

[youtube]Os3V8W2debc[/youtube]

:hooray:

Surprisingly Argentina won their semifinal against favorites France.

In the end we will have a final between two brotherly countries. Not bad at all.

khaled_a_d

What a game and what a win against Australia! Was one of the better international basketball games that I have seen in a long, long time. Was fearing the worst before the game but the team prevailed.

[youtube]Os3V8W2debc[/youtube]

:hooray:

Surprisingly Argentina won their semifinal against favorites France.

In the end we will have a final between two brotherly countries. Not bad at all.

How good is Rubio this tournament? Failed to watch the games due to its timing but noted that he has been scoring well in some games

Leo_Messi

How good is Rubio this tournament? Failed to watch the games due to its timing but noted that he has been scoring well in some games

He has been the standout player for us. Alongside Gasol. The likes of Hernangómez, Llull (for being clutch mainly when it mattered) and Claver are some of the other top performers so far.

Anyway surprised to see that a 39 year old Scola is bossing it for Argentina. Has to be his last major tournament with Argentina unless he wants to feature in the Olympics which should not be ruled out.

Leo_Messi

¡Somos campeones del mundo!

95-75!

What an amazing performance from the entire team on both ends of the floor. Immense defense and immense offense. 6 players with double-digit points. Rubio doing his thing (well-deserved MVP of the tournament and my MoM in the final too), vintage Rudy, Gasol being a rock in the defense as usual and showing his eye for an pass, the two Hernangómez brothers having very solid games as expected, Llull coming to life at the end of the tournament off the bench, Ribas, Oriola and the remaining bench guys working their asses off etc.

Scola was completely closed down as was the entire Argentina team who are no pushovers whatsoever.

All this without Pau, Ibaka, Sergio Rodríguez, Abrines and Mirotic!

khaled_a_d

Spain is the world Champions, Congratulations.
Rubio MVP. Along him in starting 5 is Fournier,Bogdan,M.Gasol & Scola
Both Rubio and Marc Gasol was former Barca players btw.

Mitchell1978

New NBA season is upon us.

The last couple of weeks with this whole China thing shure has been intresting.
The virtue signaling woke crowd getting exposed, Kerr, Popovich and especially Lebron as the hypocrites they are.

khaled_a_d

New NBA season is upon us.

The last couple of weeks with this whole China thing shure has been intresting.
The virtue signaling woke crowd getting exposed, Kerr, Popovich and especially Lebron as the hypocrites they are.

What did Pop said?
Kerr just avoided it, won't blame him tbh. unless he later said something

Home of Barca Fans