Basketball/NBA

FCBfan22

are all those confirmed?

Massive changes, if Kawhi signs for the Lakers they would become huge favorites.

Kawhi is still most likely to stay in Toronto, but if he goes to Lakers, that would also mean Danny Green to Mavs.

Clippers out of the race apparently.

Hardy

Broussard says it's pretty much done deal Leonard to Lakers, also look some tweet yesterday from Butler and Jefferson, seems like they already know something about that.

FCBfan22

Broussard says it's pretty much done deal Leonard to Lakers, also look some tweet yesterday from Butler and Jefferson, seems like they already know something about that.

Nothing is done. Kawhi is expected to meet with Lakers and Raptors in the next few days. He is yet to meet with any team and is expected to do that later this week.

But that said, this is happening... Working their way towards signing Butler.
[tw]1145732637069385729[/tw]

And Mavs have reached an agreement with Curry Light (Seth).

Last edited:

Hardy

Nothing is done. Kawhi is expected to meet with Lakers and Raptors in the next few days. He is yet to meet with any team and is expected to do that later this week.

But that said, this is happening...
[tw]1145732637069385729[/tw]

And Mavs have reached an agreement with Curry Light (Seth).

these are rumors from the league, these meetings can be totally useless, I'm pretty sure players like Leonard or Durant made their decisions long time ago.

FCBfan22

these are rumors from the league, these meetings can be totally useless, I'm pretty sure players like Leonard or Durant made their decisions long time ago.

Durant yes. Kawhi no. Simply because he unexpectedly won a championship.

Another thing that points to the fact that nothing is agreed yet is Mavs signing Seth Curry. They needed a shooter and Danny Green was their primary target. If it was known that Kawhi is going to Lakers already, Mavs would sign Green and not Curry. Kawhi is taking it easy and will decide in the coming days. Right now, I'd say it's 50-50 between him staying in Toronto and going to LA.

I think Lakers should concentrate on getting some backcourt. They have LeBron, Davis and Kuzma, which covers the frontcourt, but basically 0 great backcourt players.

Leo_Messi

LeBron, Kawhi and Davis in the same rooster is unfair to put it mildly. Can't see any team threatening the Lakers if they stay fit, the backcourt gets strengthened and the bench (depending on the cap space left) will be strengthened as well. I am sure that some veterans and proven winners would love to jump onto the ship and sign 1-year contracts for the chance to win a ring.

Team chemistry and everything aside, I don't really see many teams in the West capable of beating the Lakers over 7 games if the above occurs. The Warriors are probably worse off than the Rockets as of today on paper. Denver, while incredibly talented, I don't see them beating a team with a fit LeBron (out with a vengeance to prove himself after the injury and missed playoffs), Davis and Kawhi.

Exciting times and it would be incredible if the Lakers managed to land Kawhi. I have never been a fan of projects like the old Heat or the Warriors most recently but after 10 dreadful years, I just want to be a contender again. The neutrals will hate it but most of you guys hate the Lakers regardless.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Broussard is awful when it comes to reporting deals. And Kawhi is the most discreet person in the history of the NBA. He may go to the Lakers but non of those reporters has any real sources with him.

Dragić to Mavs, too apparently.

That clears space for Butler.

Nope, already denied.
Though won't surprise me if both teams back on the table

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Is Anthony Davis a huge deal for the Lakers ? Who would you compare him from football for example ?

He's an MVP level player. Very hard to compare high scoring centers to football players.

At the moment he's probably better than Lebron IMO. My hierarchy is:

KD
Kawhi
Harden
Giannis
Steph
AD
Lebron

Though there is very little distance between any of the top 7.

Mitchell1978

LeBron, Kawhi and Davis in the same rooster is unfair to put it mildly. Can't see any team threatening the Lakers if they stay fit, the backcourt gets strengthened and the bench (depending on the cap space left) will be strengthened as well. I am sure that some veterans and proven winners would love to jump onto the ship and sign 1-year contracts for the chance to win a ring.

Team chemistry and everything aside, I don't really see many teams in the West capable of beating the Lakers over 7 games if the above occurs. The Warriors are probably worse off than the Rockets as of today on paper. Denver, while incredibly talented, I don't see them beating a team with a fit LeBron (out with a vengeance to prove himself after the injury and missed playoffs), Davis and Kawhi.

Exciting times and it would be incredible if the Lakers managed to land Kawhi. I have never been a fan of projects like the old Heat or the Warriors most recently but after 10 dreadful years, I just want to be a contender again. The neutrals will hate it but most of you guys hate the Lakers regardless.

If they sign Kawhi to the max they probably will only get players willing to come over for the minimum, they have a top three thats the best in the league but no depth.

Hardy

with that trio veterans will go to the Lakers in full force, there is already rumor that Iguodala will join LA after buyout, Rondo will likely sign for them as well.

FCBfan22

with that trio veterans will go to the Lakers in full force, there is already rumor that Iguodala will join LA after buyout, Rondo will likely sign for them as well.

Iguadala has just left for Memphis, 4 hours ago as a part of sign and trade deal between Nets, Grizzlies and Warriors.

Also, the trade to clear space for Butler has made Clippers intresting for Kawhi again.

CatalinR10

When is Kawhi going to make his decision ? Where do you guys think he will go ? Isn't going to Lakers to play with Lebron and AD better than staying at Toronto ?

Home of Barca Fans