Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

3-1 Raptors lead! Just one more!! Can’t believe I’m typing this. Even without KD everyone thought warriors would have this in the bag.

I’m very impressed on just how good of a total team the raptors have. So many good role players. Siakam, VanVleet, Ibaka, Green, heck even Powell. Then you have players like Kawhi, Lowry, and Gasol to make a play happen when they need it.

I’m stunned just how much their defense is shutting down the warriors offense. Almost every shot the warriors take, they have to work for it. amazing basketball!!

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Never understood how everyone thought the GSW will take this one easily
Without KD, this is an inferior team to the 2015 & 2016 teams, no Barnes or prime Iggy or serviceable Bogut. Cousins is a shell of his former self etc.
Raptors are deep and strong team, they were always gonna give them a tough series.
Hope it isn't 2016 again. Will love another 1st timer

El Flaco

Never understood how everyone thought the GSW will take this one easily
Without KD, this is an inferior team to the 2015 & 2016 teams, no Barnes or prime Iggy or serviceable Bogut. Cousins is a shell of his former self etc.
Raptors are deep and strong team, they were always gonna give them a tough series.
Hope it isn't 2016 again. Will love another 1st timer

Iggy was already past his prime in 2015, there's a reason why he was relegated into being a role player at the time.

Having that said, he's still valuable player as long as he doesn't get too much work load.

Anyway, Warriors still have that core (Curry/Klay/Dray) from their 73-9 team.

Before NBA Finals 2019, people were running the narrative about how brilliant Warriors played without KD.

They had a record of 31-2 or something without Durant since he joined the team.

Now that Warriors are down with 1-3, it actually helps Durant's legacy and validates his 2 rings + 2FMVPs.

Funny how the narrative is changing.

Hardy

the whole legacy of this team is on the line (especially the historical core Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy), I've always thought that the narrative of Golden State as greatest team ever was just laughable

El Flaco

the whole legacy of this team is on the line (especially the historical core Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy), I've always thought that the narrative of Golden State as greatest team ever was just laughable

I mean, Warriors are the best regular season team in NBA history after winning 73 games.

But in the grand scheme of things, it's just a meaningless record unless if you get that Championship.

That 1995-96 Chicago Bulls' team is the greatest despite winning 72 games and winning a ring

C0GfhNe.jpg

Mitchell1978

I mean, Warriors are the best regular season team in NBA history after winning 73 games.

But in the grand scheme of things, it's just a meaningless record unless if you get that Championship.

context is everything, win 3 titles in 4 years and the one year they didn't win the set the single season regular season record and only lost the finals in the last minute of game

thats probably the most impressive 4 year streak in NBA history

so no the record is not meaningless

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

Iggy was already past his prime in 2015, there's a reason why he was relegated into being a role player at the time.

Having that said, he's still valuable player as long as he doesn't get too much work load.

Anyway, Warriors still have that core (Curry/Klay/Dray) from their 73-9 team.

all 3 years older, more wear and tear, and Klay, Iggy, Looney only half fit

Before NBA Finals 2019, people were running the narrative about how brilliant Warriors played without KD.

They had a record of 31-2 or something without Durant since he joined the team.

Now that Warriors are down with 1-3, it actually helps Durant's legacy and validates his 2 rings + 2FMVPs.

Funny how the narrative is changing.

they aren't better off course, but probably more entertaining, besides don't forget they had to come back from a 15 point deficit against the Blazers in the semi-finals 3 times

Its clear that the team that the Raports can currently play is a lot better and more talented then whatever the Warriors can come up with right now.

Hardy

No it isn't.

yes it is, there is no dinasty without Durant, they lost 5 of their last 6 finals game without him just for the record and to sign him they have exploited basically a bug in the salary cap that wasn't possible in the past, no increment of salary cap no KD. Otherwise their legacy is one ring against Lebron and bunch of role players when they faced Cavs without Irving and Love, the greatest bottle in Nba history an year later and this finals almost lost, talking about the historical core. The 2 rings with KD a NID. Not impressive if you ask me. At the end of the day playoff and finals define the real greatness, not winning 60 games every regular season and Golden State compared to other dynasties has too much "asterisks" so yes, if they lose this series the narrative inevitable changes, for them and ironically could change as well for Durant in the opposite way.

Mitchell1978

yes it is, there is no dinasty without Durant, they lost 5 of their last 6 finals game without him just for the record and to sign him they have exploited basically a bug in the salary cap that wasn't possible in the past, no increment of salary cap no KD. Otherwise their legacy is one ring against Lebron and bunch of role players when they faced Cavs without Irving and Love, the greatest bottle in Nba history an year later and this finals almost lost, talking about the historical core. The 2 rings with KD a NID. Not impressive if you ask me. .

They were banged up in 2016, Curry missed half the playoffs, Bogut (who was still decent back then) missed multiple games, Draymond Green suspended for a crucial game and they still only barely lost. You can make an argument like that basically every playoffs/finals.

They are only the second team all time to go to 5 straight finals (and the previous was in basically the dark ages when the nba had less then 10 teams), their legacy will be massive.

Hardy

but they were also lucky last year with Paul's injury and previous year when Pachulia killed Leonard's ankle and assuming Curry wasn't totally fit there is a difference between playing in not perfect condition and missing an entire series (by the way he missed 6 games).

Kobe won a title with a broken finger and drained knee if was for that, what about Leonard right now? he's dropping for fun 30 points every game with a fucked knee.

Legacy maybe still massive but if they lose this series we can't talk about them anymore as greatest team ever (for me anyway for the reasons I said already but it's just my opinion).

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Legacy maybe still massive but if they lose this series we can't talk about them anymore as greatest team ever (for me anyway for the reasons I said already but it's just my opinion).

Legacy is large enough just based on their way and frequency of winning.

Who cares about these 'greatest team ever' labels being thrown around? Nobody with a brain takes that seriously. Doesn't do them any service when they have Jordan's Bulls to chase.

khaled_a_d

GSW will always be remembered as most dominant teams of 2000's which is enough.
The whole GOAT term is overblown tbh and myth's plays a great role in it. Time will only tell how things are gonna age in terms of legacy, MJ and Bulls had their doubters during their time too.
GSW still reached finals replacing Durant with vacuum. They never really needed a player of his caliber to win titles, he was luxury. But they needed a decent SF for sure.

Home of Barca Fans