Basketball/NBA

Pepe Silvia

It has come to that, sadly. When he got traded in 2008, I thought Pau was gonna retire a Laker. He's not even gonna reach the finish line because he decided to shut down.
Well said. He has the potential to dig deep and grind through the season if he wanted to, but his motivation is just not there so he lingers towards the bottom and stays anonymous (even when he's playing relatively well sadly enough). I'll always respect him but it's obvious he wants out or the organization wants him out. Either way it's a shame. As for the rest of the Lakers, there is just not enough quality to carry this team come playoffs. Every bench player is a facsimile of a starter and is allowed zero in creativity. Even players like Jamison who were showing promise were left on the bench to give more minutes to the younger, faster players even if they didn't put up numbers. It's a joke man. I respect Kobe a lot after that Clipper game though. He really showed genuine heart and character against those lobs and slammed one on CP3 as a statement dunk. That was quality.

Richard.H

Man OKC is ABSOLUTELY DOMINATING the league. I seriously don't see any weakness in their team. They have a strong starting 5, a strong bench, a strong coach, etc. etc. They are seriously the most dangerous team this year and have arguably the top 5 players in the league at every position.

Also, LOL at the Lakers. I have said from the beginning that hiring D'Antoni would turn out to be a disaster. Let's be realistic,even if they do make the playoffs, they will have to play either OKC, Clippers, or Spurs, all 3 teams capable of sweeping the Lakers.

El Gato

Villarato!
Seriously? Their halfcourt is still junk. If it comes to the repeat of the last year in the Finals, Heat are taking that again. Mavericks were totally destroying them from Q4 onwards (that play by Carlisle to end Q4...) and if it wasn't for that muppet Mike James taking bad shots and turning it over they would've deservedly won that game. But yeah, Durant - play great defense on him...no matter... even better offense.

hellsangel1

I agree with Wolfe. OKC's halfcout offense is still suspect and they did take a step backward with Harden leaving. In the playoffs, there is going to be too much pressure on both Durant and Westbrook to carry this team...... Even if one of them struggles in a game, then they're going to going to find it difficult. With Harden in the lineup, they had a little more room for error.

MVBarcaFan

Hope the Spurs win the whole thing. OKC is the only team that could give them trouble, but if the Spurs slow the game down enough and play half-court ball, it'll be tough for OKC.

Pepe Silvia

Heat are just stupid nice, but so are the Spurs and at home they will be tough for anybody. Lakers running now that there is a rhythm and chemistry with some players, Pau coming back Kobe about to go ballistic in playoffs might just pull something crazy off with the bench really putting up numbers lately. Earle Clarke is a monster, Antawn is playing like he is 19, Blake put up crazy numbers IN Indiana, etc etc. Too many good teams out west to call it though. So much talent. OKC, San Antonio, Denver, Clips, Memphis, even Golden State are deadly.

DucdeOrléans

Heat are just stupid nice, but so are the Spurs and at home they will be tough for anybody. Lakers running now that there is a rhythm and chemistry with some players, Pau coming back Kobe about to go ballistic in playoffs might just pull something crazy off with the bench really putting up numbers lately. Earle Clarke is a monster, Antawn is playing like he is 19, Blake put up crazy numbers IN Indiana, etc etc. Too many good teams out west to call it though. So much talent. OKC, San Antonio, Denver, Clips, Memphis, even Golden State are deadly.

Some turnaround by the Lakers as of late, right Pepe? Very happy to witness the current run given how bad it all looked 1-2 months ago. We might even get that playoff ticket now something that looked unrealistic not long ago.

Kobe is proving all the doubters wrong again and again and Howard is getting better and better. We just need Pau back and then we might be contenders on a very good day.

El Gato

Villarato!
Terry had it coming ever since he killed LeBron in the NBA Finals. At least it's not on a championship stage and no one will care.

In other news: Jeff Green. That is all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans