FCBfan22

I hope for a 3 way trade...

Lakers-Pelicans-Mavericks

Lakers get Davis
Pelicans get Lakers' 1st round pick, Ball, Barnes, Matthews, Harris
Mavericks get Kuzma, Ingram

El Gato

Villarato!
Love me some tall Slavic blood in Dallas. Not sure Porz will extend the deal though, but there's hardly any better place for him to be.

Leo_Messi

Love me some tall Slavic blood in Dallas. Not sure Porz will extend the deal though, but there's hardly any better place for him to be.

Is Porzingis not a Latvian and thus a Balt? I don't think that he would like to be called a Slav with Russians being the closest Slavs in the vicinity and given the historical aspect.:lol:

Anyway not sure if that is such a great deal for Dallas. You guys better hope that he won't remain plagued by injuries which is not unlikely for such a tall guy with his body built.

Leo_Messi

Disagree with this statement, I think judging by their Orlando & Pelicans career Howard was clearly -for me- the better player. I don't think the talent gap is much and the difference in success was huge. This goes beyond the numbers IMHO
The period between 7th & 10 year are the ones that usually decides players "level of legacy" and for that I put AD as huge question mark.
Make no mistake, he is great player, and I would love to see him in my team for sure if we had the chance (I am Dallas fan) but even if he joined us somehow I would still put same question mark on him.
I remember all those Free agents Dallas chases, Deron, CP3,Howard, Melo. All were superstars and at least the last 3 will make it to HOF. But was any of them was going to make us anything more than 2nd round exit had they joined? CP3 is the only one who ended his contract on high level as desired player, but even then he was no more considered best PG in the sport anymore and needed to play with better player to make it to WCF.
Lakers are playing with fire aiming for such shortcut, I made prediction to Donak that I believe we have seen Lebron's last NBA final appearance and I stick to that prediction. The recent injury shows age is finally catching with him and won't be surprised if he will get more and more injuries as time goes. His hero ball is outdated and if he doesn't adjust to his age and do more by doing less many FA won't be happy playing beside him.

Sure he wants LA, that is probably the reason he -and his agent- wants move now to ensure he doesn't go somewhere else. But Pelicans don't care about where he goes and teams have shown already they don't care if the player says he isn't going to renew, Davis will get his money in the next team, he sees what happened with Cousins when he wanted to make it to FA, he sees Wall having his financial security working well for him. Davis won't wait till 2020 to take less money with the LA to join 36 yeas old Lebron.

This is actually a good reason to join the East. He doesn't need to be the one to blamed for Lebron not making it to the Finals.

Not sure what made Howard the better player? Offensively he was lightyears away from AD at his best. AD has been no joke either defensively. Leading several defensive stats in the league. Most importantly, AD has not failed for a top dog in the spectacular fashion that Howard did later to disappear into irrelevancy. I don't recall a more disappointing high-profile move recently.

Well, that prediction is hardly a controversial one, Khaled. Lakers are playing in the Western Conference. For us to reach a NBA final, we need to win against the 3 biggest favorites to win the ring. Warriors, OKC and the Rockets. With Denver being the dark horse here. A tough spot to be in.

Anyway I doubt that a deal can be worked out within the next week and most reports agree so no need to be hyped. At a closer glance, I am not sure whether moving Kuzma, Ingram and Ball out for the sake of AD is great or even good business.

Not sure if he will be blamed for such a thing. The reality is that the Lakers rooster is rather average other than Lebron and a few talented guys. Him winning a ring with this lot this season would turn him into the GOAT for me and I am/was a Kobe fanboy.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Is Porzingis not a Latvian and thus a Balt? I don't think that he would like to be called a Slav with Russians being the closest Slavs in the vicinity and given the historical aspect.:lol:

Anyway not sure if that is such a great deal for Dallas. You guys better hope that he won't remain plagued by injuries which is not unlikely for such a tall guy with his body built.

Eeh I guess perhaps you're right, I haven't even bothered to look up the ethnic roots of natives from Lithuanian, Latvian or Estonian lands. Same shit to me. We're all post-Soviet, ancient Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth babies.

Injuries are part of the game. Europeans stick together in Dallas anyway. They'd rather have a skilled big man than a dumb one. Eventually we too will have to go for a decent defensive center either way.

Hardy

NY now has space to sign 2 max contracts in free agency, watch out for Durant, if he makes three peat I totally see him leaving the Warriors and take that challenge (and money...)

FCBfan22

Well, if there is a year when Warriors are defeated, this is the one IMO. From the biggest free agents, I think Kyrie might go to Lakers (all of that LeBron ball licking as of late) and Durant will stay at GS regardless of the league winner. GS will probably lose Green and maybe Klay this summer.

Leo_Messi

Eeh I guess perhaps you're right, I haven't even bothered to look up the ethnic roots of natives from Lithuanian, Latvian or Estonian lands. Same shit to me. We're all post-Soviet, ancient Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth babies.

Injuries are part of the game. Europeans stick together in Dallas anyway. They'd rather have a skilled big man than a dumb one. Eventually we too will have to go for a decent defensive center either way.

Fair enough. You are all pretty similar in the vicinity anyway, I guess. Slav or Balt. Although I have to say that Latvian women are very beautiful. The few tha I have encountered. None wanted the "Russian" label on them.:D

Fair point. I thought that Jordan was doing rather well defensively. How many rebounds is he averaging per game again? Almost 14. He finally learned how to make a three throw as well and averages a decent 11 points per game.

Porzingis is obviously on another level offensively let alone talent wise. It will be an excellent deal provided that he remains injury free. I don't rate Smith Jr. and Matthews at all though.

khaled_a_d

He won't leave a guaranteed contract in Dallas with injury history to play for Qualifying offer. This didn't work well for Noel, won't work well for him.
He is in a perfect situation, to be the heir of one of his idols while playing beside a player he loved to praise for sometime.

High risk high reward type of deal.
Basically we are putting all of our eggs in KP basket. We are rumored to be trading another 1st while giving the only other meaningful young piece we have. No cap space in summer either.
If KP come back good and healthy "to some extent" for the next 10 years then we are looking for a potential dynasty here, if not it can be blown in our face.
Good news is we will have the cap space for 2021 which was the free agency to look for, considering our timeline while Finny-Smith & Klebber should get more playing time
But Cuban has been always a gambler, so I won't hate such trade until it actually blows onto our face :lol:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Whoa! Wasn't expecting this at all. I know Kristaps and the NYK had their issues but I didn't think they would trade him. I think NY is taking far more risk here than Dallas. They're probably doing this to free space for KD and another superstar. Whatever happens, I just don't see KD leaving GSW specially now that they are moving to Silicon Valley and with all the investment connections he set up there already. I also don't think Kawhi will leave the Raptors. If they're lucky to sign just one they'll just be back to where they were with Kristaps.

Kristaps will return to his best, no doubt. Just look at Boogie, his injury was far worst but he's looking really good already. Thess Doctors are miracle workers these days with the tools they have to work with. Dallas are the obvious winners here.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans