Basketball/NBA

khaled_a_d

This trade could cause a massive chain reaction. Apparently, if Lakers give New Orleans Ball, Kuzma, Ingram and the 1st round pick, it's a deal.

Dell Demps is one of the most incompetent GMs out there so he might accept such trade. But NO should wait till July 1st when Celtics are eligible to trade for him and start bidding war

FCBfan22

Dell Demps is one of the most incompetent GMs out there so he might accept such trade. But NO should wait till July 1st when Celtics are eligible to trade for him and start bidding war

Well, I hope for a 3 way trade between Dallas, Lakers and New Orleans. If Mavericks could acquire Kuzma somehow, that would've been great. Or if NO decides to tank now, they should look into Jrue Holiday.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
We know the warriors have been scouting A. Davis for a long time now. Just imagine if they shipped Green, J. Bell and some other players/picks and get A.D. without giving up their other All-Stars. :lol:

Last edited:

FCBfan22

We know the warriors have been scouting A. Davis for a long time now. Just imagine if they shipped Green, J. Bell and some other players/picks and get A.D. without giving up their other All-Stars. :lol:

That would be a cheat code of a team. And NBA ruined.

FCBfan22

Lavar Ball crying, because Lonzo might be traded to the Pelicans as a part of deal for Davis. Apparently Lonzo refuses to play for New Orleans. Amazing.

veins.gif

Lavar Ball is living in a parallel universe.

Leo_Messi

Anthony Davis joining the Lakers would be an amazing addition. One of my favorite players who probably has the biggest unfulfilled potential out there. Rumors about Magic trying to get Klay from next season onwards. Would be a tremendous move. Everything to end the Warriors run and I am all for it. Lakers taking the lead in this endeavor would just be the cherry on top of the cake.

https://www.marca.com/baloncesto/nba/2019/01/29/5c50086646163fa1868b45d1.html

Want to see one of our "own" join the Lakers one day as well after George's refusal this summer. Yes, I am looking at either Russell or Harden. Preferably Harden.:cheers:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Anthony Davis joining the Lakers would be an amazing addition. One of my favorite players who probably has the biggest unfulfilled potential out there. Rumors about Magic trying to get Klay from next season onwards. Would be a tremendous move. Everything to end the Warriors run and I am all for it. Lakers taking the lead in this endeavor would just be the cherry on top of the cake.

https://www.marca.com/baloncesto/nba/2019/01/29/5c50086646163fa1868b45d1.html

Want to see one of our "own" join the Lakers one day as well after George's refusal this summer. Yes, I am looking at either Russell or Harden. Preferably Harden.:cheers:

Other than Lakers fans, I doubt anyone wants the GSW dynasty ending through the Lakers.
Anyway, Demps is as incompetent as it gets, but Pelicans has zero reason to deal him now.
Davis has given up leverage when he announced it now, because Pelicans will tank anyway so if he decides to sit out the season he is actually helping them unlike Butler earlier in the year

Leo_Messi

Other than Lakers fans, I doubt anyone wants the GSW dynasty ending through the Lakers.
Anyway, Demps is as incompetent as it gets, but Pelicans has zero reason to deal him now.
Davis has given up leverage when he announced it now, because Pelicans will tank anyway so if he decides to sit out the season he is actually helping them unlike Butler earlier in the year

That is not bothering Lakers fans. We know that everyone hates us due to our success, brand and special allure. Even when in a historical slump we can attract the greatest talent of his generation (by far) in Lebron. Now Anthony Davis wants to join. Rumors about Klay wanting to join and return "home" etc. So of course non-Lakers fans don't want to see a historical giant dominate again like most recently during the "Kobe and Gasol era" or before that during the "Shaq and Kobe era".

We will see. I believe and hope that he will join the Lakers. Ball, Ingram and Kuzma are all surplus to requirements IMO. Good talents but they won't help us win and that is what we need here and now to return to what we once were. Especially with a 34 year old Lebron on board who won't have 5-10 years left in him.

Davis will turn 24 this year so he has at least 10+ seasons left in him. I would trade Ball, Ingram and Kuzma for him here and now without even thinking.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

That is not bothering Lakers fans. We know that everyone hates us due to our success, brand and special allure. Even when in a historical slump we can attract the greatest talent of his generation (by far) in Lebron. Now Anthony Davis wants to join. Rumors about Klay wanting to join and return "home" etc. So of course non-Lakers fans don't want to see a historical giant dominate again like most recently during the "Kobe and Gasol era" or before that during the "Shaq and Kobe era".

We will see. I believe and hope that he will join the Lakers. Ball, Ingram and Kuzma are all surplus to requirements IMO. Good talents but they won't help us win and that is what we need here and now to return to what we once were. Especially with a 34 year old Lebron on board who won't have 5-10 years left in him.

Davis will turn 24 this year so he has at least 10+ seasons left in him. I would trade Ball, Ingram and Kuzma for him here and now without even thinking.

I love how you make it about jealousy :lol:
Davis is almost 26 btw, if he joins you in the summer he will be almost same age of DHoward when he joined you but just less dominant with bigger injury history.
The next 3 years will define his career, either proof he is a true generational talent or it is the start of people realizing he isn't as good as advertized

Leo_Messi

I love how you make it about jealousy :lol:
Davis is almost 26 btw, if he joins you in the summer he will be almost same age of DHoward when he joined you but just less dominant with bigger injury history.
The next 3 years will define his career, either proof he is a true generational talent or it is the start of people realizing he isn't as good as advertized

What is it otherwise about, man?:lol: Whenever a sports club in any sport has developed a succesful legacy and history, (especially in the case of Lakers who have defined basketball, especially modern NBA, more than any other franchise) it will naturally attract many fans but likewise many haters. It is no different with the Lakers of all sports clubs. The average American also has an aversion (often) against LA and California. Seen it myself when visiting that country (US).

Well, my fault. I thought that he was younger than that. 26 years (will turn that in March) is young and he would have many seasons left in him. D. Howard was more dominant defensively but not offensively. Half the talent too. Look at their stats. No comparison really.

I agree with that but he has every tool in his toolbox to reach his God-given talent and fulfill years of hype and promise.

khaled_a_d

What is it otherwise about, man?:lol: Whenever a sports club in any sport has developed a succesful legacy and history, (especially in the case of Lakers who have defined basketball, especially modern NBA, more than any other franchise) it will naturally attract many fans but likewise many haters. It is no different with the Lakers of all sports clubs. The average American also has an aversion (often) against LA and California. Seen it myself when visiting that country (US).

It is about ego of their fan fabse (which you showed perfect example of) and the way they think rules don't apply to them. Lakers haven't attracted a great FA since rookie contract and RFA rules until 34 years old Lebron decided to make it his retirement home. But the way they were "sure" they are getting success was annoying to many fans especially when they were no body since 2011, Paul george and Kevin Love among others have turned them down without hesitation

Well, my fault. I thought that he was younger than that. 26 years (will turn that in March) is young and he would have many seasons left in him. D. Howard was more dominant defensively but not offensively. Half the talent too. Look at their stats. No comparison really.

Rules now are easier than before, numbers in the NBA has been inflated tbh. D12 was able to lead his team to the finals and made them perennial play-off team while being dominant in both ends of the floor. Davis put up numbers but fails in most important category which is leading teams to win. With his supposed elite talent and the teammates he has the Pelicans should never been questionable for Play-offs in past half decade at all. He fails bad in leading his team to success
The talent is sure there, but there is something is missing with him. For that I think that a move to the Lakers is big risk big reward for both. It is either gonna be Pau & Kobe again (less successful if GSW keeps the team intact) or Howard to Kobe (Kobe & D12 were same age as LBJ & AD now)
With all that said, if AD stays with Pelicans till end of the season then Lakers will trail Celtics badly in any trade bid, once Kyrie says he will renew and Tatum put in a package the Lakers has nothing to beat that deal. AD won't refuse to renew with Celtics to play with 36 years old Lebron

Leo_Messi

It is about ego of their fan fabse (which you showed perfect example of) and the way they think rules don't apply to them. Lakers haven't attracted a great FA since rookie contract and RFA rules until 34 years old Lebron decided to make it his retirement home. But the way they were "sure" they are getting success was annoying to many fans especially when they were no body since 2011, Paul george and Kevin Love among others have turned them down without hesitation

Rules now are easier than before, numbers in the NBA has been inflated tbh. D12 was able to lead his team to the finals and made them perennial play-off team while being dominant in both ends of the floor. Davis put up numbers but fails in most important category which is leading teams to win. With his supposed elite talent and the teammates he has the Pelicans should never been questionable for Play-offs in past half decade at all. He fails bad in leading his team to success
The talent is sure there, but there is something is missing with him. For that I think that a move to the Lakers is big risk big reward for both. It is either gonna be Pau & Kobe again (less successful if GSW keeps the team intact) or Howard to Kobe (Kobe & D12 were same age as LBJ & AD now)
With all that said, if AD stays with Pelicans till end of the season then Lakers will trail Celtics badly in any trade bid, once Kyrie says he will renew and Tatum put in a package the Lakers has nothing to beat that deal. AD won't refuse to renew with Celtics to play with 36 years old Lebron

I don't see the fanbase being worse than any other succesfull fanbase. Warriors fans are unbearable nowadays. Not a surprise. It boils down to what I have written. The "hate" against the Lakers is also much less nowadays than earlier. Not a surprise either as we have been pathetic for 5+ seasons and not made the playoffs in that period.

Could not be happier for the likes of Kevin Love (LOL) turning us down. Paul George, while a local and a great player, I rather get the likes of Davis and Klay.

The teams that Dwight Howard played for, in that case Orlando, was a much superior team than the current Pelicans. Come on. Howard failed at the Lakers tremendously. He is half the talent that Davis is.

Every high-profile move is a risk. Lebron moving to LA was a risk too.

We will see about that. According to rumors, Davis wants to join the Lakers, not the Celtics. LA is much better destination as well and the Western Conference is where most if not all the elite players are playing. It is the place to be right now.

Lebron will be 35 years old and he is Lebron. A special kind of player and maybe the best 34 year old in the game to date. He single-handedly made Lakers a playoff team. Look at the results after his injury. No need to mention more.

khaled_a_d

The teams that Dwight Howard played for, in that case Orlando, was a much superior team than the current Pelicans. Come on. Howard failed at the Lakers tremendously. He is half the talent that Davis is..

Disagree with this statement, I think judging by their Orlando & Pelicans career Howard was clearly -for me- the better player. I don't think the talent gap is much and the difference in success was huge. This goes beyond the numbers IMHO
The period between 7th & 10 year are the ones that usually decides players "level of legacy" and for that I put AD as huge question mark.
Make no mistake, he is great player, and I would love to see him in my team for sure if we had the chance (I am Dallas fan) but even if he joined us somehow I would still put same question mark on him.
I remember all those Free agents Dallas chases, Deron, CP3,Howard, Melo. All were superstars and at least the last 3 will make it to HOF. But was any of them was going to make us anything more than 2nd round exit had they joined? CP3 is the only one who ended his contract on high level as desired player, but even then he was no more considered best PG in the sport anymore and needed to play with better player to make it to WCF.
Lakers are playing with fire aiming for such shortcut, I made prediction to Donak that I believe we have seen Lebron's last NBA final appearance and I stick to that prediction. The recent injury shows age is finally catching with him and won't be surprised if he will get more and more injuries as time goes. His hero ball is outdated and if he doesn't adjust to his age and do more by doing less many FA won't be happy playing beside him.

We will see about that. According to rumors, Davis wants to join the Lakers, not the Celtics. LA is much better destination as well and the Western Conference is where most if not all the elite players are playing. It is the place to be right now.

Sure he wants LA, that is probably the reason he -and his agent- wants move now to ensure he doesn't go somewhere else. But Pelicans don't care about where he goes and teams have shown already they don't care if the player says he isn't going to renew, Davis will get his money in the next team, he sees what happened with Cousins when he wanted to make it to FA, he sees Wall having his financial security working well for him. Davis won't wait till 2020 to take less money with the LA to join 36 yeas old Lebron.

This is actually a good reason to join the East. He doesn't need to be the one to blamed for Lebron not making it to the Finals.

Home of Barca Fans