Basketball/NBA

khaled_a_d

I think DSJ seriously lacks basketballing IQ to play with Dončić. Yes, Luka needs another ball handler, but that ball handler needs to know how to utilize his teammates, unlike DSJ, who just dribbles on the perimiter, shoots or goes to the rim, usually unsuccessfully. That can be seen with Jordan mostly. When Luka organises an attack, DeAndre usually comes out and sets a screen or something. When DSJ organises, he is just standing in the middle waiting something to happen.

I think the NBA analysts are masivelly downplaying basketballing IQ in the recent years.

His bbiq isn't the best for sure, but it is fixable.
Reports is that he is a coach favorite and he believes he will be able to adjust. He is just 21 which is very young in the NBA tbf, so there is room for growth with him.
Last night was one of his worst, and generally he hasn't been himself since wrist injury

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Lebron better get back quick! His team is sliding down quickly.

7 teams fighting for 8th in the west separated by just 2 games.

Richard.H

Lakers doing badly without Lebron. Rumors on twitter that Pat Riley and Spoelstra may come back to Lakers, with Luke being fired and Magic taking more of a hands off GM role.

On a side note, I'm going to watch them play later this month. Hopefully Lebron is back by then. I don't want to see Ingram iso for 48 minutes.

Leo_Messi

Lakers doing badly without Lebron. Rumors on twitter that Pat Riley and Spoelstra may come back to Lakers, with Luke being fired and Magic taking more of a hands off GM role.

On a side note, I'm going to watch them play later this month. Hopefully Lebron is back by then. I don't want to see Ingram iso for 48 minutes.

When was Spoelstra ever a Laker for him to go back? Pat Riley is a has-been if there was ever one. Have you seen the mess that he has created at Miami? Highest wage bill in the league and nothing to show for. Surely there are better and more long-term options out there?

Anyway it does not look good without Lebron out as well as Kuzma and Rondo. 7 defeats in a row. Not a surprise though when your most dangerous offensive player is Brandon Fucking Ingram.

Richard.H

When was Spoelstra ever a Laker for him to go back? Pat Riley is a has-been if there was ever one. Have you seen the mess that he has created at Miami? Highest wage bill in the league and nothing to show for. Surely there are better and more long-term options out there?

Anyway it does not look good without Lebron out as well as Kuzma and Rondo. 7 defeats in a row. Not a surprise though when your most dangerous offensive player is Brandon Fucking Ingram.

Meant more so for Riley, my bad. IDK, but the other forum I frequent (lakerground) is making a big fuss out of the twitter rumors. Everyone wants Luke's head here in LA due to him ALWAYS going to Ingram iso in the 4th quarter.

It really isn't looking good. Not to mention Ingram, Ball, and Hart are tanking their values by playing so bad. Not sure if we could use anyone in the team as a trading piece now.

Leo_Messi

Meant more so for Riley, my bad. IDK, but the other forum I frequent (lakerground) is making a big fuss out of the twitter rumors. Everyone wants Luke's head here in LA due to him ALWAYS going to Ingram iso in the 4th quarter.

It really isn't looking good. Not to mention Ingram, Ball, and Hart are tanking their values by playing so bad. Not sure if we could use anyone in the team as a trading piece now.

No need to apologize. I was just baffled for a second and asking myself if I had missed something here. Yes, I look at that forum from time to time as well (lakersnation being another one) and obviously people are frustrated. In particular having the past 5+ years in fresh memory.

Pat Riley is a Laker legend and all respect to him but is he the solution here and now? Nowhere close to being that IMO.

There are a lot of games left in the regular season for them to bounce back but it has long been clear to me that both Ingram and Ball are dispensable. Ironic that the less hyped (by far) Kuzma is overshadowing both of them.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Well reports saying we just fired Thibodeau so they could go for him. Strange timing for firing him but I’m not surprised. He should’ve traded Butler immediately early on to avoid all the drama and losses early in the season.

Not surprised Butler is already causing problems in Philly too. The guy is damaging his cause before his big free agency next year.

Also not surprised Glen Tayler is thinking about hiring Hoiberg. :lol:

[youtube]Y3nMkrCRgIk[/youtube]

Messigician

Giannis is the future. Lebron has gone ti Lakers fir his final pay cheque before retirement just going through the motions.

Giannis will overtake him as the best player in the world after this season.

khaled_a_d

Well reports saying we just fired Thibodeau so they could go for him. Strange timing for firing him but I’m not surprised. He should’ve traded Butler immediately early on to avoid all the drama and losses early in the season.

Thibodeau was one of the most overrated coaches in the past decade tbh. But he was still a good coach and you need to bring a solid replacement for him.
Would have expected that decision after the season is over

Leo_Messi

At last a win after a couple of horrible defeats. Against a direct opponent in the Mavericks away from home. Ingram and Ball with great shooting performances for once. A very important win. Lebron will likely be back within 1 week.

The bookmakers were throwing money away. Doncic over 19.5 points was a gift.

[tw]1082464432276541440[/tw]

Harden is insane offensively. What a run he is on. A phenomenal player.

Points scored in his last 13 games: 50, 32, 47, 35, 35, 39, 41, 45, 41, 43, 44, 38, 32. Averaging 8.7 assists per game in 36 games as well.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Giannis vs Harden tonight. This one should be good!

Harden with another impressive game. 42 points, 6 assists and 11 rebounds. Bucks were the more efficient team otherwise Houston would have won and Harden would have had twice as many assists on the night. The Bucks had a 11% more effective shooting night yet "only" won by 7 points.

Anyway in other and much more important news, Kuzma had a career high 42 points and the Lakers got their second consecutive win. This time against Detroit at home. Good stuff.

FCBfan22

Monster game by Luka to secure a rare away Dallas win.

29 pts 12 ast 8 reb 2 stl

Shame he couldn't get a triple double.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Monster game by Luka to secure a rare away Dallas win.

29 pts 12 ast 8 reb 2 stl

Shame he couldn't get a triple double.

Tough loss for my Wolves, but this kid is Special!!!

Should have gone to the game. It was Dirk’s last game here. A true Pioneer!

Home of Barca Fans