Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: NFL

Well to be fair Tom Brady turns 43 this year.

It's all downhill from here and he knows it.

Brady to Tampa Bay all but confirmed. I've expected him to go to the Chargers. He'll have some nice offensive weapons there in Mike Evans, Chris Goodwin and O.J. Howard after only having Edelman last season as a reliable target.

Still, this is one thing to consider about his fit in Bruce Arians's offense.

Winston averaged 8.16 yards per attempt last year -- sixth-most in the league -- and Brady averaged 6.62, which was 27th. Only twice have Arians' offenses averaged fewer than 7 yards per attempt per season. Winston also attempted 48 passes of 30 or more air yards last season, and Brady attempted quite a bit less than half that, with 19. Arians' teams have never attempted fewer than 26 passes of 30-plus air yards in a season.
    We'll see if BA will adapt his offense. If they've invested in him then I'd expect Arians to be smart enough to play to Brady's strengths. I have doubts about TB's arm strength at this point of his career and if he'll need to push the ball down the field as much as Winston did last year then this could backfire eventhough he's much smarter and won't make as many stupid throws/interceptions as Winston.

Gurley returning home...

President of FC Barcelona
    The Bucs have a great team, but the NFC is no joke and that NFC South division certainly is not either.

Most of his career he's had a cupcake division, apart from when the Jets were good for a couple of seasons, and a conference with only one or two other legit contender.

The NFC have several. New Orleans, Philly, Dallas, SF, Seattle, Green Bay will all be up there and I wouldn't rule out Atlanta and the Arizona Cardinals either.

With the playoff format being changed with only one first-round bye, he'll most likely play through the Wild Card round too as I cannot see the Bucs get top seed. Not even the best team in their own division.

Yeah, will be an interesting season (if it will be played at all).

It was reported a week ago but Philip Rivers now also officially to the Colts on a 1 year, $25m deal.

He had a bit of a down year but still think he should do well in Indy who has a much better OL than the Chargers last year. They have a good RB in Marlon Mack, solid WRs in Hilton and Pascal (and will probably draft a good WR or two in this deep class) and a young improving defense to which they added DeForest Buckner who they've traded for last week.

I think with Brady gone AFC is really open. KC could have a SB hangover, we'll see if the Ravens can repeat last season but do better in the playoffs and other teams all seem pretty leveled to me.

High Definition Member

Donak how do you rate Blake Martinez and Kyler fackrell? giants picked them up. from what I heard Martinez is overrated and his stats are deceptive. fackrell was a sack artist a couple seasons ago but got pushed aside once the smiths joined Green Bay.

giants are quietly having a good free agency. James bradberry is probably the most underrated corner in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Hamzah View Post
    Donak how do you rate Blake Martinez and Kyler fackrell? giants picked them up. from what I heard Martinez is overrated and his stats are deceptive. fackrell was a sack artist a couple seasons ago but got pushed aside once the smiths joined Green Bay.

giants are quietly having a good free agency. James bradberry is probably the most underrated corner in the nfl
    Blake Martinez is a great guy, but he's not a top player.

1. Not athletic enough to play as an ILB in the NFL today.
    2. Has difficulties shedding blocks
    3. Cannot cover to save his life

He'll make a lot of tackles for you guys, but it will often be a few yards after damage's done. He would have been a great player a decade or two ago, but he's just not athletic or instinctive enough for today's NFL.

Kyler Fackrell is a good rotation option if he's your 3rd, ideally 4th choice OLB. Please telll me you didn't sign him to start?

He had a lot of sacks a couple of years back, but most of those were through other players creating pressure. He would have been behind Za'Darius, Preston Smith and Rashan Gary, our 12th overall draft pick from last year, if he stayed.

The best way to judge a Defensive End or Outside Linebacker is by looking at how many pressures they have, which is a combination of sacks, quarterback hits and quarterback hurries.

Simply looking at sacks doesn't tell the entire story. He's a good rotation, change of pace option though and can have a decent career as the guy behind your starters.

That said, I do hope Blake Martinez in particular does well for you guys. He's a stand up guy and you can never, ever question his effort and heart.