NFL

Messi983

Brady to Tampa Bay all but confirmed. I've expected him to go to the Chargers. He'll have some nice offensive weapons there in Mike Evans, Chris Goodwin and O.J. Howard after only having Edelman last season as a reliable target.

Still, this is one thing to consider about his fit in Bruce Arians's offense.

Winston averaged 8.16 yards per attempt last year -- sixth-most in the league -- and Brady averaged 6.62, which was 27th. Only twice have Arians' offenses averaged fewer than 7 yards per attempt per season. Winston also attempted 48 passes of 30 or more air yards last season, and Brady attempted quite a bit less than half that, with 19. Arians' teams have never attempted fewer than 26 passes of 30-plus air yards in a season.

We'll see if BA will adapt his offense. If they've invested in him then I'd expect Arians to be smart enough to play to Brady's strengths. I have doubts about TB's arm strength at this point of his career and if he'll need to push the ball down the field as much as Winston did last year then this could backfire eventhough he's much smarter and won't make as many stupid throws/interceptions as Winston.

Messi983

[tw]1241022649419075586[/tw]

[tw]1240988349915189248[/tw]

Gurley returning home...

[tw]1240972031233077255[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The Bucs have a great team, but the NFC is no joke and that NFC South division certainly is not either.

Most of his career he's had a cupcake division, apart from when the Jets were good for a couple of seasons, and a conference with only one or two other legit contender.

The NFC have several. New Orleans, Philly, Dallas, SF, Seattle, Green Bay will all be up there and I wouldn't rule out Atlanta and the Arizona Cardinals either.

With the playoff format being changed with only one first-round bye, he'll most likely play through the Wild Card round too as I cannot see the Bucs get top seed. Not even the best team in their own division.

Messi983

Yeah, will be an interesting season (if it will be played at all).

It was reported a week ago but Philip Rivers now also officially to the Colts on a 1 year, $25m deal.

[tw]1241413092380114944[/tw]

He had a bit of a down year but still think he should do well in Indy who has a much better OL than the Chargers last year. They have a good RB in Marlon Mack, solid WRs in Hilton and Pascal (and will probably draft a good WR or two in this deep class) and a young improving defense to which they added DeForest Buckner who they've traded for last week.

I think with Brady gone AFC is really open. KC could have a SB hangover, we'll see if the Ravens can repeat last season but do better in the playoffs and other teams all seem pretty leveled to me.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Donak how do you rate Blake Martinez and Kyler fackrell? giants picked them up. from what I heard Martinez is overrated and his stats are deceptive. fackrell was a sack artist a couple seasons ago but got pushed aside once the smiths joined Green Bay.

giants are quietly having a good free agency. James bradberry is probably the most underrated corner in the nfl

DonAK

Donak how do you rate Blake Martinez and Kyler fackrell? giants picked them up. from what I heard Martinez is overrated and his stats are deceptive. fackrell was a sack artist a couple seasons ago but got pushed aside once the smiths joined Green Bay.

giants are quietly having a good free agency. James bradberry is probably the most underrated corner in the nfl

Blake Martinez is a great guy, but he's not a top player.

1. Not athletic enough to play as an ILB in the NFL today.
2. Has difficulties shedding blocks
3. Cannot cover to save his life

He'll make a lot of tackles for you guys, but it will often be a few yards after damage's done. He would have been a great player a decade or two ago, but he's just not athletic or instinctive enough for today's NFL.

Kyler Fackrell is a good rotation option if he's your 3rd, ideally 4th choice OLB. Please telll me you didn't sign him to start?

He had a lot of sacks a couple of years back, but most of those were through other players creating pressure. He would have been behind Za'Darius, Preston Smith and Rashan Gary, our 12th overall draft pick from last year, if he stayed.

The best way to judge a Defensive End or Outside Linebacker is by looking at how many pressures they have, which is a combination of sacks, quarterback hits and quarterback hurries.

Simply looking at sacks doesn't tell the entire story. He's a good rotation, change of pace option though and can have a decent career as the guy behind your starters.

DonAK

That said, I do hope Blake Martinez in particular does well for you guys. He's a stand up guy and you can never, ever question his effort and heart.

Messi983

Gronk is coming out of retirement to re-join Brady in Tampa. :lol:

Trade, pending physical: Patriots are trading TE Rob Gronkowski and a seventh-round pick to the Buccaneers for a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

And I was looking forward to see him playing basketball for Barca. :lol:

BTW, NFL draft is in two days, can't wait. It will be fully virtual with all GM/HC/Owners operating from their home offices so surely a very different and interesting experience for all of them and also for us to follow how everything will work out.

wisconsincule

I’m at a loss. The Packers just took (and traded up?!?!) for Jordan Love, a Quarterback from Utah State.

Rodgers is 36 and has 4 more years left on his contract.

I get it but think it’s a year or two early....

DonAK

I’m at a loss. The Packers just took (and traded up?!?!) for Jordan Love, a Quarterback from Utah State.

Rodgers is 36 and has 4 more years left on his contract.

I get it but think it’s a year or two early....

They'll trade Rodgers in 2022 when it's doable cap-wise.

This is a GM and Head Coach making a franchise altering and legacy move, and IMO, punting away any chances of going for anything now which is baffling given how much money they spent in FA the last couple of years.

Sailor Mars

Rodgers getting that Brett Favre treatment. Another year of having to listen to the media speculate if there is a rift between Rodgers and Lafleur.

Messi983

This kid has great potential and he has landed in ideal situation. Let him develop and learn from AR for two years and he can become very good. If he works out well and stays healthy the Packers could only have 3 starting QBs (not counting those backups who have started when AR was injured) in like 40-45 years. Insane. TBH, I was surprised that New Orleans didn't take Jordan Love. Brees is older than Rodgers, they have no glaring holes on the roster and their pick was also a bit luxury though on the other hand Cesar Ruiz could be their starting center for a decade.

My Hawks with a surprising pick as well. LB Jordyn Brooks. He was a quick-raiser and ultimately projected as a 2nd rounder so a bit of a reach but that's expected. It's what we always do when we pick in the 1st round. It's more that we don't have immediate need for a LB but maybe he could be groomed as a longterm replacement for KJ Wright or Bobby Wagner. Still, we have bigger needs to address on both lines so I've expected us going that way. We've drafted two LBs last year so I didn't really expect us to draft one early this year let alone in the 1st.

It's a shame we couldn't trade down to get additional late 3rd/early 4th round pick. We apparently had a deal in place (I'd say exactly with GB) but then they got a better offer from Miami. Or maybe it was Indianapolis who could also be interested in Love but then obviously everything fall apart when the Packers moved up to get him.

Sadly, both of our divisional rivals have drafted some of my favourite players. Javon Kinlaw and Brandon Aiyuk to the 49ers and Isaiah Simmons to Arizona. NFC West will be crazy tough, I'd say the best division in football by far though people will now probably hype up NFC South with Brady there and while the Bucs should be a good competition for Brees&Co. both Atlanta and Carolina are in a rebuild more right now (BTW, the Panthers have picked a great player in Derrick Brown).

I'm also a bit surprised with a lack of trades. Maybe GMs were not totally comfortable with this virtual draft or there was just no value for the teams moving up enough. I'm sure many teams wanted to trade down (starting with DET at 3 and then possibly JAX and CLE) but in the end there was no trade inside the top 10 for the first time since 2015.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

This kid has great potential and he has landed in ideal situation. Let him develop and learn from AR for two years and he can become very good. If he works out well and stays healthy the Packers could only have 3 starting QBs (not counting those backups who have started when AR was injured) in like 40-45 years. Insane. TBH, I was surprised that New Orleans didn't take Jordan Love. Brees is older than Rodgers, they have no glaring holes on the roster and their pick was also a bit luxury though on the other hand Cesar Ruiz could be their starting center for a decade.

My Hawks with a surprising pick as well. LB Jordyn Brooks. He was a quick-raiser and ultimately projected as a 2nd rounder so a bit of a reach but that's expected. It's what we always do when we pick in the 1st round. It's more that we don't have immediate need for a LB but maybe he could be groomed as a longterm replacement for KJ Wright or Bobby Wagner. Still, we have bigger needs to address on both lines so I've expected us going that way. We've drafted two LBs last year so I didn't really expect us to draft one early this year let alone in the 1st.

It's a shame we couldn't trade down to get additional late 3rd/early 4th round pick. We apparently had a deal in place (I'd say exactly with GB) but then they got a better offer from Miami. Or maybe it was Indianapolis who could also be interested in Love but then obviously everything fall apart when the Packers moved up to get him.

Sadly, both of our divisional rivals have drafted some of my favourite players. Javon Kinlaw and Brandon Aiyuk to the 49ers and Isaiah Simmons to Arizona. NFC West will be crazy tough, I'd say the best division in football by far though people will now probably hype up NFC South with Brady there and while the Bucs should be a good competition for Brees&Co. both Atlanta and Carolina are in a rebuild more right now (BTW, the Panthers have picked a great player in Derrick Brown).

I'm also a bit surprised with a lack of trades. Maybe GMs were not totally comfortable with this virtual draft or there was just no value for the teams moving up enough. I'm sure many teams wanted to trade down (starting with DET at 3 and then possibly JAX and CLE) but in the end there was no trade inside the top 10 for the first time since 2015.

The Seahawks pick did surprise me. I honestly thought the Packers trade up was going to be Patrick Queen. The Seahawks skip Queen and take a different linebacker. And then Queen goes to the Ravens. This has shades of the Packers trading down a couple years ago to not take TJ Watt for Kevin King. :banghead:

As for the Love pick. I get it but Rodgers has 4 years left on his contract with the next 3 massive dead cap space hits for being cut/traded. The Packers may have been one of the worst 13-3 teams in a while but I thought they would try to go all in with Rodgers on his last legs. They need to take a WR in the second round. Thankfully this year there is ton of depth at that position.

Lastly how about Lynch as a fucking GM. They trade Buckner for a first round pick and ultimately get his replacement using that pick they got in return while also picking up an extra 4th to move down one spot trading with Tampa. They then use that 4th they just traded for to move up to draft Aiyuk. Really like what he is doing for the 49ers.

Home of Barca Fans