NFL

Sailor Mars

This Texan-Chiefs game is wild. Houston were up 24-0 early in the 2nd quarter, and now KC is winning 28-24 at the end of the quarter.

KingLeo10

Rodgers has declined so much. This game should be well over by now.

I can't believe neither of Barca or the Packers give me a break.

EDIT: Came up clutch AF on 3rd downs though.

Last edited:

raki

Rodgers has declined so much. This game should be well over by now.

I can't believe neither of Barca or the Packers give me a break.

EDIT: Came up clutch AF on 3rd downs though.

Declined? He has 1 receiver. That´s it. The others are undrafted. The tight end is washed. He does not lose the ball. Amazing throws. Allowed Jones to grow by using him as a receiver. Even the returner Irvin is used to receive.

C´mon. Give him Kelce, Hill, Watkins. Or the Niners fire power.

The same Seattle team almost won in San Fran 2 week ago. Way harder.

Unfair criticism to Aaron.

KingLeo10

Declined? He has 1 receiver. That´s it. The others are undrafted. The tight end is washed. He does not lose the ball. Amazing throws. Allowed Jones to grow by using him as a receiver. Even the returner Irvin is used to receive.

C´mon. Give him Kelce, Hill, Watkins. Or the Niners fire power.

The same Seattle team almost won in San Fran 2 week ago. Way harder.

Unfair criticism to Aaron.

He isn't the same as he was in 2010-2014 and 2016 just on the eye test. He was better than Mahomes is now with lesser weapons in that time. I recently rewatched the SB v the Steelers and some of the throws he made. Had a lot more zip to them and they were absolute dimes.

He's more saavy now, but he isn't as dominant in terms of just marching down the field putting up 300-400 even with scrubs (Davante excluded). Still clutch AF though and he showed this last night again.

Messi983

Congrats to Green Bay fans here. Hope you beat SF this week but then I'll root for whichever AFC team will make it to the SB.

Another playoff game with a bad 1st half in which we almost made a late comeback thanks to Wilson but then came up short again. I think the biggest difference in this game was GB have a pass rush and we don't. Also some poor tackling by our secondary players. We should really focus on improving defense in offseason. Still think we'd probably won this game (and maybe go until the end) with a healthy Carson and/or Penny. I love Beast but he's just too old to be a #1 RB for a SB contender.

Titans have done it again. :lol:

Yeah, big props. I didn't expect them to win, let alone in that dominant fashion. It's pretty tough on them though. You win road games at New England and Baltimore and you're still one game away from a SB. I wouldn't mind them winning a Lombardi but I think KC have better chances against SF/GB.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the National championship game to see if Clemson's defense can slow down Burrow. They can't totaly stop him but if they can keep LSU under 30 points I think they have a good chance to win.

42-25 win for LSU. Another 6 TDs (5 passing, 1 rush) game for Burrow. I'm wondering how good he really is and how much is he a product of a system. We'll find out when we'll see him playing for the Bengals next year and on the other hand see how his replacement at LSU will do in the same system (unless some team will take LSU's passing game coordinator Joe Brady; not very likely probably as there aren't any elite HC jobs open right now in college football but maybe some NFL team would give him a chance as their OC).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He isn't the same as he was in 2010-2014 and 2016 just on the eye test. He was better than Mahomes is now with lesser weapons in that time. I recently rewatched the SB v the Steelers and some of the throws he made. Had a lot more zip to them and they were absolute dimes.

He's more saavy now, but he isn't as dominant in terms of just marching down the field putting up 300-400 even with scrubs (Davante excluded). Still clutch AF though and he showed this last night again.

He's slower than before and developed some bad habits, but it happens with his age.

He definitely didn't have lesser weapons those years. 2010-2016 he had the likes of Donald Driver, peak Greg Jennings, peak Jordy Nelson, peak Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, James Jones, at least a couple of them every time.

San Fran have sucked so much the last few years they've managed to fill up their team with some great talent through the draft with top 10 picks.

As for the upcoming lineup then I'm not very optimistic. It's stylistically the worst matchup for Green Bay.

Last edited:

DonAK

As for Joe Burrow, he's legit.

You cannot coach his accuracy, pocket awareness and his clutchness. He makes so many plays off script and reminds me a bit of Rodgers. That's not due to the system, that's all Burrow.

KingLeo10

He's slower than before and developed some bad habits, but it happens with his age.

He definitely didn't have lesser weapons those years. 2010-2016 he had the likes of Donald Driver, peak Greg Jennings, peak Jordy Nelson, peak Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, James Jones, at least a couple of them every time.

San Fran have sucked so much the last few years they've managed to fill up their team with some great talent through the draft with top 10 picks.

As for the upcoming lineup then I'm not very optimistic. It's stylistically the worst matchup for Green Bay.

Lesser weapons than Mahomes has now. Basically saying he was better than Mahomes is now.

Messi983

(unless some team will take LSU's passing game coordinator Joe Brady; not very likely probably as there aren't any elite HC jobs open right now in college football but maybe some NFL team would give him a chance as their OC).

And he's going to Carolina...

[tw]1217217670967447562[/tw]

Talking about the Panthers, Luke Kuechly has announced his retirement at age 28. He suffered multiple concusions during his career so as he said it's probably the right thing to do.

[tw]1217257977352204294[/tw]

Kuechly is another elite player ending his career before turning 30 joining the likes of Gronk, Luck, Baldwin and Chancellor who have all retired over the last 2-3 years. As a fan of the game it's hard to see all those players retiring early but health should always come first and I think more young(er) players with injury problems will follow their example in following years. Sometimes it's just not worth to risk the quality of the next 50 or 60 years of your life for maybe prolonging a career for a season or two. Especially not for the players who have already earned enough to have a good life (unless they are totally stupid and have already spend most of that money).

As for Joe Burrow, he's legit.

You cannot coach his accuracy, pocket awareness and his clutchness. He makes so many plays off script and reminds me a bit of Rodgers. That's not due to the system, that's all Burrow.

I think he'll be good but we'll have to wait and see if he can become an elite QB in the NFL. This probably mostly depends on how the Bengals will use him. Zac Taylor is a former college QB and a QB coach (Jarred Goff had a great 2018 season under him and he declined after Taylor left last season) in the NFL so he should know a thing or two about developing QBs. Cincy also have some good weapons on the offense with A.J. Green (if he can stay healthy), Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon so this should all help Burrow as well.

Messi983

Jason Garrett is the new offensive coordinator for the giants

Don't think it's that bad hire tbh. Yes, he didn't finish well in Dallas but how much of this is on him and how much on Jerry Jones being involved in basically every decision he made? I could see him doing well as an OC and he'll also offer a lot of experience to a rookie HC.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah I do think he’ll be better as coordinator. Like you said his experience will help the first time HC. The fact remains the giants are a dysfunctional organisation, more than the cowboys. They are actually a good organisation in terms of player recruitment and coaching until Jerry meddles for no reason or talks to much to the media and creates problems.

The giants are just badly run all round and badly coached. Mara and Tisch both run the team and are never on the same page, leading to weird compromises and no coherent strategy. Then you have the loose cannon gettleman with his wild trades and Stone Age idea of the NFL. The shurmur coaching staff was terrible all round.

I’ll give these new coaches a chance though, the only way is up to be honest.

Last edited:

DonAK

Shurmur was pretty good as Minnesota's OC too. Some guys are just not HC material. Jason Garrett could do well.

Home of Barca Fans