NFL

Messi983

Always like to see Dallas losing. lol

One of the highlighted WR is Randy Moss son, from LSU. The 2nd ranking college in the USA after Ohio.

Rodgers salary of + 30M is a liability. I commend Brady on this: always took less money to allow best rosters. Rodgers should have done the same.
15M salary allowing 2 extra stars.

Yeah, nothing better than see Allas losing. Sadly this is the last season for Mr. Clap Clap and they could become a serious team with a good HC. Also, funny thing is they are still first in their division because Philadelphia have lost to Miami yesterday. :lol: TBF no team from the NFC (L)East deserves a playoff spot this season. Washington is probably looking the best right now after winning two straight games. :lol:

Thaddeus Moss is a TE and from what I've seen he's not one of the highly rated ones. He's having a good season so his draft status could improve before April though. On the other hand he's just a junior so maybe he'll decide to go back to college. Star WRs on LSU roster are Justin Jefferson (he's probably a top 5 WR in this class and will be drafted in the 1st round) and Ja'Marr Chase who is having a breakthrough in his sophomore season but he's not eligible for 2020 draft.

About Brady: He's been in the league for 20 years and earned a lot. Also wouldn't put it past the Patriots/Robert Kraft they are paying TB some more money under the desk. They were caught cheating more than once so why wouldn't they also try something like this? But as [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] has pointed out his wife is earning more than him so he can "get away" with a few millions less.

The only really tough game is away against the Vikings who are fighting for the division. 8-3. Hope they lose tomorrow in Seattle.

Oh yeah, important game tonight especially after SF loss in Baltimore yesterday. If we win we'll take over a division lead and a #2 seed in the NFC but with a loss we would drop to #6 behind Minnesota (and with some added pressure before next week's game against the Rams as they would be just 2 games behind us). I'm pretty optimistic. RW and offense in general were not at their best in last two games but our defense has really stepped up since we've acquired Quandre Diggs. DL without Clowney also played great against Philly. JDC should play today but will probably have limited snaps. I'm still waiting for a truly dominating performance from the team this season. Hopefully we'll get that tonight.

BTW, I was just thinking we could have a 13-3 team this season as a #5 seed. Don't believe this has ever happened before.

KingLeo10

Tom Brady looking like garbage. Most overrated qb ever. Got carried by Belichick to his 6 rings.

I thought so too until the Atlanta and Philly SBs and the Kansas game last season. The Seattle SB win was just luck at the end / Pete Carroll making the mistake of the century. The first 3 championships were mostly defense/Adam and he was a game manager.

His performance in those 2 SBs was otherworldly, considering the pressure. And 3 straight 3rd and 10 conversions AT Kansas. That's not just Belichick.

He's declined a lot though, this season. Probably the Ravens will end him.

Sailor Mars

I thought so too until the Atlanta and Philly SBs and the Kansas game last season. The Seattle SB win was just luck at the end / Pete Carroll making the mistake of the century. The first 3 championships were mostly defense/Adam and he was a game manager.

His performance in those 2 SBs was otherworldly, considering the pressure. And 3 straight 3rd and 10 conversions AT Kansas. That's not just Belichick.

He's declined a lot though, this season. Probably the Ravens will end him.

Out of his 6 SB wins, I was only impressed with one against Atlanta. Disgrace that he is considered better than Peyton Manning by many.

Messi983

I'm still waiting for a truly dominating performance from the team this season. Hopefully we'll get that tonight.

Well, we dominated 3rd quarter at least and lead for 17 but almost let Minnesota back in the game. It seems we can't win convincingly this year but I won't complain too much as long as we win all these close games.

We have another big game this week against the Rams (SNF) and can clinch a playoff spot with a W.

Another game of importance for us is 49ers@Saints. A tie would be the best for us but won't happen. :lol: I'm acutally considering making a sinn and rooting for SF in this game as we need another Saints loss if we want a #1 seed and this is their toughest remaining game (maybe the resurging Titans can do us a favour in week 16 if they'll still be in a playoff hunt). But as PC and RW would say the most important thing for us is going 1-0 every week and then we'll see what will happen in other games.

In other news, the Panthers fired Ron Rivera after almost 9 seasons.

Messi983

6 teams can clinch playoff berth this week:

[tw]1201921997103603715[/tw]

EK4hMGmXkAEkhl7.jpg

EK4hMGpWwAA2k1C.jpg

KingLeo10

I just don't understand why the Packers offense is so passive. Yes Matt LaFleur isn't Sean Payton or Andy Reid but still. I'm a huge Rodgers fan but he really needs to take more risks with the passing game. My gut feeling from watching some of those throwaways is that he's way too focused on those TD-INT numbers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I just don't understand why the Packers offense is so passive. Yes Matt LaFleur isn't Sean Payton or Andy Reid but still. I'm a huge Rodgers fan but he really needs to take more risks with the passing game. My gut feeling from watching some of those throwaways is that he's way too focused on those TD-INT numbers.

No one can get open and he's not trusting anyone but Davante Adams, Lazard and Jimmy Graham to make any contested catches. He could and sometimes probably should take more risks, but in the playoffs those risks may well turn into a turnover which could kill you.

Same problem Brady is struggling with this season. Every team is doubling Julian Edelman with the other receivers he has not being able to get open in time.

Every defense facing the Packers the last few games are playing Man Coverage which says it all really. You take Adams out and it's either Aaron Jones or bust. Lazard is at best a 3rd receiver and Jimmy Graham is way too slow and frankly just washed.

Rodgers is not what he used to be either which makes it worse.

This is what happens when every other receivers apart from Davante Adams are 5th or 6th round picks or undrafted players. And to make it worse they're all the same time of players. Tall, big and physical, but slow. Apart from MVS who's fast, but can only run one route which is straight forward.

wisconsincule

I’m going to the Packers-Bears game this Sunday.

I’m curious to see how the game will go. If the Packers are for real they should convincingly beat the Bears. If they win out they are automatically the #2 seed. The last time they had a first-round bye was 2014. 2014 was the year they blew it against the Seahawks (think Liverpool/Roma level fuck up :banghead:). A bye for them would be massive because I can’t see them going on the road twice and beating New Orleans/Seattle/SF.

When they won the Super Bowl in 2011 Rodgers was better but so was the offense. Jennings, Driver, Jordy and James Jones is definitely better than what they’ve got now. The current defense is pretty similar. Bend don’t break and get timely stops/turn overs. Who knows. When they won the Super Bowl they got hot at the right time. Hopefully that happens this year.

Go Pack Go.

Home of Barca Fans