NFL

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The combine this year is off the charts @Messi983

Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I think the Packers are guranteed to get a blue chipper at #12 now and Seattle will prob also get a very good player if they target a defensive player or a very good O-lineman.

Messi983

The combine this year is off the charts @Messi983

Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I think the Packers are guranteed to get a blue chipper at #12 now and Seattle will prob also get a very good player if they target a defensive player or a very good O-lineman.

Didn't really follow Combine much so far and also havent' "scouted" many players but there were some really impressive combine performances like Montez Sweat (he was projected to Seattle in some mock drafts but he'll probably be out of our reach now), Quinnen Williams and D.K. Metcalf.

Seattle only has 4 picks so we'll trade down (if we'll find a trade partner) once if not twice, probably even outside of the 1st round. We'll most likely target a defensive player with the first pick, probably a DL or possibly LB if we'll let KJ Wright go in free agency. I wouldn't mind a CB (though I think they are happy with Flowers and Griffin) or safety either. OL and WR will probably be addressed with next picks.

Messi983

Antonio Brown traded to Oakland.

also, Green Bay is spending some big money early in free agency for defensive players and OL. [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

Messi983

Damn, that's one interesting offseason so far.

OBJ traded to the Browns. Didn't really give up all that much for him as well.

[tw]1105619933583548416[/tw]

They are still the Browns and it's questionable if/when Kareem Hunt could play but that's really a good looking young offense on paper.

[tw]1105624407446302722[/tw]

A big turnaround from what they've had two years ago. John Dorsey deserves a lot of credit for that.

[tw]1105621787218464770[/tw]

Defense is quite talented as well, especially DL with recent additions of Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon. Secondary is solid and they are apparently close to sign Earl Thomas. LB core is still questionable but they still have around $50m cap space so they could add more players.

Also, Le'Veon Bell has signed with the Jets. He got $35 million guaranteed but was it really worth to give up on 14M last season for this contract?

[tw]1105686098079109120[/tw]

[tw]1105689352766738432[/tw]

DonAK

Antonio Brown traded to Oakland.

also, Green Bay is spending some big money early in free agency for defensive players and OL. @DonAK

Been a great free agency for the Packers. On paper the defense suddenly is starting to look legit and they can draft the best player available in the draft now instead of drafting for need.

Still gonna be a couple of signings/re-signings I believe. I think this team can compete next season with a decent draft now.

Crazy how much a young and forward thinking GM can do for ya huh? Green Bay executives/former executives dominating starting with John Dorsey.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I actually like trading Beckham, but they could have gotten more for him. peppers is a good versatile player and needed after collins left.

at least they know they are in rebuild mode after the corner jerry Reese put them into. its very important to get the right qb now.

Messi983

I actually like trading Beckham, but they could have gotten more for him. peppers is a good versatile player and needed after collins left.

at least they know they are in rebuild mode after the corner jerry Reese put them into. its very important to get the right qb now.

You're a NYG fan?

I think if they're going into full rebuild they should just move on from Eli as well. It's ok if they don't like any QB in this class enough to draft him in the first round but saving 17M should also be a priority longterm.

ESPN's Dan Graziano confirms the Giants will pay Eli Manning's $5 million roster bonus on Friday.

"He's what we have at this point," a source told Graziano. Although the Giants could save $17 million in cap and $22 million in cash by cutting Eli, a mandate from ownership has secured Manning's place on the team. Per Graziano, the Giants are so serious about their Eli commitment they may not take a quarterback in the first round of the draft despite holding the Nos. 6 and 17 overall picks.

If they want to tank the season to get a shot at Tua Tagovailoa next year they could just sign someone like Blake Bortles on a cheap contract, he'll help them reach that goal. :lol:

Last edited:

raki

Been a great free agency for the Packers. On paper the defense suddenly is starting to look legit and they can draft the best player available in the draft now instead of drafting for need.

Still gonna be a couple of signings/re-signings I believe. I think this team can compete next season with a decent draft now.

Crazy how much a young and forward thinking GM can do for ya huh? Green Bay executives/former executives dominating starting with John Dorsey.

Jordy Nelson is free. Bring him back.

DonAK

Jordy Nelson is free. Bring him back.

I would rather draft one of those speedy slot-receivers. Jordy Nelson is just not what he used to be and Green Bay need to move on from the past. I could perhaps entertain the idea if he came for a veteran's minimum salary on a one-year deal, but he'll look for a bigger deal and for that I'd rather re-sign Breeland and try to sign another experienced safety.

Shore up the defense even further.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah giants fan. Just got golden Tate. Good player but old. I’m a bit confused now. I support a rebuild but the way gettleman is doing it is very strange.

As for Eli, if they’re keeping him as a mentor figure I’m fine with it even though it’s expensive. Giants let go of the other big contracts and have a lot of picks so the squad should be cheaper now. He should not stay beyond this season though.

It’s weird to see the giants run as bad as they are. Their whole identity is being well run. They’re like the traditional version of the patriots. The current patriots got most of their structure and philosophy from former giants parcels and belichick before adding new innovations.

Last edited:

Messi983

Yeah giants fan. Just got golden Tate. Good player but old. I’m a bit confused now. I support a rebuild but the way gettleman is doing it is very strange.

Yep, pretty surprised with this signing. Maybe Gettleman believes the Giants will be more competitive than most people think. If Eli will be at least average offense with Barkley, Tate and Engram could be solid. They've solidified OL with Kevin Zeitler and could add impactful defensive players (probably DL will be the main focus) with their two top 17 picks in the draft.

BTW, Jordy Nelson is visiting the Seahawks today. I wouldn't mind getting him on a veteran minimum contract but I think he'll end up in the Evil Empire (New England).

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
With Eli staying Barkley will probably be running, catching and throwing the football. The Giants are a strong contender for a 0-16 season.

Home of Barca Fans