NFL

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have a soft spot for the Browns.

My dad who follows OU Football (NCAA) was a huge fan of Baker Mayfield during his time there. It seems like the Browns finally have a gem on their hands. Much better than Johnny Manziel, who flopped big time.

Tell him we're taking Lincoln Riley.

Thanks.

xXKonan

Tell him we're taking Lincoln Riley.

Thanks.
He will be okay with it I bet.

Not too surprising about Greenbay though. Kinda felt like this was a long time coming. Mike McCarthy has been good for them but time for something new I guess.

Messi983

Georgia are pretty good at losing leads.

Georgia Failcons :)

Alabama-Oklahoma and Notre Dame-Clemson in college playoff. Don't really like any of those teams but will be rooting for Oklahoma-Clemson final. I'm pretty sure Alabama will win it again though.

And my Huskies will play in Rose Bowl for the first time since 2000. Will be interesting to see if defense can slow down Dwayne Haskins and tOSU offense.

Russell Wilson with as effective game as it gets against the 49ers.

According to Sportradar, Wilson throwing three touchdowns on four completions made for the fewest TDs/completions in a first half dating to 1991. The previous low was six.

BTW, Redskins have lost another QB.

Redskins quarterback Colt McCoy broke his right fibula Monday in a 28-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, ending his season in only his second start this season. He's also the second Redskins starting quarterback to suffer such a fate. Alex Smith broke his fibula and tibia in Week 11.

It's Marc "buttfumble" Sanchez time. I'm looking forward to see him play again. :lol:

Oh, and I almost forgot. Kareem Hunt is an idiot.

DonAK

Georgia Failcons :)

:lol:

DtX6goVU8AAu7Ay.jpg:large

Messi983

Sean Payton or Andy Reid will probably win the award but Matt Nagy is a legit Coach of the year candidate IMO.

[tw]1071983405976317952[/tw]

[tw]1071969244143710208[/tw]

xXKonan

Carson Wentz has a lot of talent but you can tell how the Eagles trust Foles a lot more than Wentz.

Wentz seems to lack the mentality Foles has on the squad to trust him it seems.

DonAK

Carson Wentz has a lot of talent but you can tell how the Eagles trust Foles a lot more than Wentz.

Wentz seems to lack the mentality Foles has on the squad to trust him it seems.

He was going to win the MVP last season had he not gotten hurt so I disagree with that.

To me he just seemed slow this season and always worrying about getting hit which I suppose makes sense given he tore his ACL. I think he'll get back to his great level again next year.

@Messi983

Anthony Lynn the HC of the Chargers deserves a shoutout too despite their loss today. Chicago have done great and Nagy has revitalized their team and offense, but the biggest part of their turnaround is their scary defense led by Vic Fangio and Khalil Mack in the front.

Last edited:

Messi983

Anthony Lynn the HC of the Chargers deserves a shoutout too despite their loss today. Chicago have done great and Nagy has revitalized their team and offense, but the biggest part of their turnaround is their scary defense led by Vic Fangio and Khalil Mack in the front.

Yes, Lynn absolutely deserves to be in the conversation as well.

He's unlikely to win the award and I'm biased but I believe Pete Carroll deserves at least some votes for COTY too. Nobody expected us to do so well in a rebuilding year but he did everything right by changing both coordinators (and especially OL coach) in the offseason, get rid off some of the older (former) stars like Sherman and Bennett on the defense (I think his only mistake was not trading Earl Thomas to Dallas before the last years draft) that were not buying into his system anymore and becoming a distraction for the team and then change focus back to the running game after we started the season 0-2.

Much better season this year by the Browns as well.

Baker Mayfield is something.

As much as I don't like Greg Williams back from his time with the Rams he has done a great job since taking over as interim HC. It will be interesting to see if he'll get a full time job though I still think it would be better for Baker Mayfield's longterm development if he'd get offensive minded HC.

I wasn't totally convinced if Mayfield will make it in the NFL coming out of the college and especially not after he was drafted by the Browns (for obvious reasons) but it seems Lady Luck was finally on their side. It was about time after so many first round busts and changes at the QB position. IIRC they've had around 30 different QBs playing for them in the last two decades.

Home of Barca Fans