NFL

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I’m going to the Packers-Bears game this Sunday.

I’m curious to see how the game will go. If the Packers are for real they should convincingly beat the Bears. If they win out they are automatically the #2 seed. The last time they had a first-round bye was 2014. 2014 was the year they blew it against the Seahawks (think Liverpool/Roma level fuck up :banghead:). A bye for them would be massive because I can’t see them going on the road twice and beating New Orleans/Seattle/SF.

When they won the Super Bowl in 2011 Rodgers was better but so was the offense. Jennings, Driver, Jordy and James Jones is definitely better than what they’ve got now. The current defense is pretty similar. Bend don’t break and get timely stops/turn overs. Who knows. When they won the Super Bowl they got hot at the right time. Hopefully that happens this year.

Go Pack Go.

Honestly at this point in the season they are what they are. A good team, but not among the top three contenders in the NFC. After the last two seasons I'm just happy to see the amount of improvement record-wise, but the team still got some serious flaws, some of them are on the poor WRs(apart from Davante Adams) and TEs, but Rodgers himself has been doing some really strange stuff.

The next two games against Chicago and Minnesota will only tell if this team has a chance in the playoffs. They just gotta win those two games and seal a #2 seed. If by some luck the 49ers get booted in the Divisional Round they could potentially host an NFC Championship Game if they make it there.

In terms of contenders they're behind the Saints, 49ers and Seahawks.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Another thing to look out for: The Los Angeles Rams.

While I hope they make it to the playoffs over the Vikings, they could pose some serious issues for any team. Sean McVay is an outstanding HC who's getting his offense back on track again, and learning from his mistakes quickly which is why he's potentially headed for greatness.

wisconsincule

While I hope they make it to the playoffs over the Vikings, they could pose some serious issues for any team. Sean McVay is an outstanding HC who's getting his offense back on track again, and learning from his mistakes quickly which is why he's potentially headed for greatness.

If the Packers do their job the Rams could really play spoiler when it comes to playoff seeding.

I agree though. Packers are behind the top three but you never know. It is Aaron Rodgers after all. He is like Messi in a sense where he can pull off some magical shit.

Messi983

In terms of contenders they're behind the Saints, 49ers and Seahawks.

Hopefully we'll win the last three games and finish as a #1 or #2 seed (we've been better on the road than at home this season but it's still much easier to win 2 home games than 3 road games) but I think based on a talent level SF and NO are a bit above the rest of the NFC teams.

I don't see that much difference between Seattle and Green Bay. We've improved defensively over the last month (last game against LAR excluded) but overall still think both defenses are on a similar level. We have a better rushing attack but now with Penny out for the season (unluckily since he's played great in the last two games before the injury) there will be again a big workload for Carson. Wilson's level has also dropped lately but he and AR are both top 5 QBs in the league and can both lift their teams when needed.

Anything can happen in the playoffs and I'd say outside of the NFC East winner every other team has realistic chances for SB. It's more about who matches who better than looking for a big difference in talent among those teams (in opposite to the AFC where I believe New England and Baltimore are much better than other teams and it would be a big surprise to not see them in the AFC Championship game). And that's why...

I don't want them in the playoffs. They just have our number and eventhough we've won (luckily) in our first game this year we just don't match well with them since McVay is there (and we had problems against them when they were still an average team under Jeff Fisher because they've always took those two games against us as their Super Bowl every year :lol:). I feel confident we can beat any other playoff team (though potentially beating San Fran three times in one season will be tough as hell as well) but I'd just prefer to avoid the Rams.

Messi983

Congrats Drew!

[tw]1206771423789944833[/tw]

And 29 of 30 passes completed on the night is probably even more impressive...

Brees broke Peyton Manning's career touchdown record with a 5-yard pass to tight end Josh Hill midway through the third quarter against the Indianapolis Colts, giving him 540 for his career.

It was the highlight of a monster night from Brees, who also made NFL history by registering a 96.7 completion percentage as the Saints trounced the Colts, 34-7.

Michael Thomas is also having another outstanding season. Should get some MVP votes imo but it's safe to say Lamar Jackson will win the award.

[tw]1206780276262809600[/tw]

Messi983

8 teams have already clinched a playoff spot: NE, BUF, BAL, KC, GB, NO, SEA and SF.

AFC:

AFC East: Patriots, Bills (they play this week for a Division title)
AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Chiefs

AFC South: HOU can defend their division this Saturday with a win @TB after they've won important divisional game last week at TEN.

PIT and TEN will battle it out for the second wild card spot. They are both 8-6 and currently PIT wins tie break over based on best win percentage in conference games (PIT 6-4, TEN 6-5).

Schedule for both teams:
PIT (@NYJ, @BAL)
TEN (vs NO, @HOU)

So pretty tough to prognose what will happen here but I assume unless the Titans can win both games (and do us a favour by beating the Saints) the Steelers will probably end up in the playoffs.

NFC:

NFC North: Packers (they can win the division with a win @MIN on MNF)
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seahawks, 49ers

NFC East: There will be a battle for the crown this week DAL@PHI. Both teams are 7-7 but the Cowboys (who have surprisingly blown out the Rams last week) hold the advantage because they've won their first game so they could already clinch NFC East with a win.

Second wild card spot will most likely go to MIN (10-4) though LAR (8-6) still have a slim hope if the Vikings lose both of their games (vs GB, vs CHI) and the Rams win out (@SF, vs ARI).

Hopefully we'll win the last three games and finish as a #1 or #2 seed (we've been better on the road than at home this season but it's still much easier to win 2 home games than 3 road games) but I think based on a talent level SF and NO are a bit above the rest of the NFC teams.

And after a surprising SF loss at home against ATL we currently hold #1 seed. To keep it until the end we need to win both games against ARI and SF and either:

1.) NO should lose at least one of their games (@TEN, @CAR) or if they win both
2.) GB must win their two games (@MIN, @DET)

So all three teams would finish 13-3 and we would be first ahead of GB (based on best win percentage in common games) and NO (based on best win percentage in conference games).

Messi983

Well, our season has gone to hell fast. A home loss against Arizona with the worst performance of the season all but prevent us a top 2 seed (we need GB and/or NO to lose) which is bad enough.

What's even worse is we suffered new injuries, especially at RB position. Carson and Prosise both got injured on Sunday and are out for season and with Penny already going on IR a few weeks ago we're down to a rookie Travis Homer and we're also signing Beast Mode (who I love but he's probably totally out of a football shape) and Robert Turbin. Like it's 2014 again. :lol:

We'll also be without LT Brown vs SF and in first playoff game. He could return later if we somehow progress. Maybe we'll get Clowney and Griffin back this week to at least help defense a bit but still don't see us having a chance vs 49ers with a healthy Kittle (he missed the first game when we won) and Sanders. So we'll probably finish as a #5 seed and go to Philly (or maybe Dallas) next week. They've both been vulnerable this season (and we've already beaten PHI on the road) so maybe we can somehow win but then we're going to face SF again most likely.

Packers fans here should all root for the Seahawks this week though as you can clinch a #1 seed with a win and SF loss.

Messi983

College football playoffs today.

LSU up 21-7 vs Oklahoma after 1st quarter, I think Joe Burrow&Co. will win this relatively easy.

Clemson-Ohio State should be a lot more interesting.

Sailor Mars

Brady didn't have many weapons on offence. Edelman is older and the Gronk retirement left the Pats pretty bare.

Even though Brady has declined, I still think he is good enough to win if he gets better receivers around him.

Question is if Belichick is ready to move on from Brady. Or does Robert Kraft overrule the coach and keep Brady.

Home of Barca Fans