NFL

Messi983

Let's hope AB will do his magic again and prevent the Pats from winning another SB. They have just blown out the Stealers in SNF.

I'm a Raiders fan. What else do you need to know right now? :lol:

Well, at least you had an interesting offseason. :lol: I also think the Raiders will have a better season now without AB's distraction.

Some interesting results in week 1.

CLE was shocked and blown out by TEN at home in 4th quarter. As I've said the Browns are still the Browns. Will be interesting to see how they'll recuperate from this loss.

KC have won easier than expected in JAC but the most important from this game are injuries of Nick Foles (he'll undergo surgery on his broken left clavicle today; his backup Gardner Minshew played well but still a big blow for the Jags; BTW, I wonder where their supposedly great defense has gone?) and Tyreek Hill (he'll be out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury but this will probably be a more bad news for his fantasy football owners - including me - than the Chiefs who just have so many other weapons and should survive some weeks without Tyreek).

Two games have gone into overtime. SD have won against IND with Austin Ekeler's 3rd TD of the game. And ARI were down 24-6 against DET at the start of last quarter but then Kyler Murray lead them to OT and the game ended with a TIE. :lol:

BUF were down 16-0 against NYJ and then won 17-16.

Another team with a big comeback was PHI who was down 17-0 vs WAS in 2nd quarter. DJax made a great return to Philly with 2 receiving TDs against his former team.

In another NFC East divisional showdown DAL have dominated NYG. Dak Prescott had a perfect QB rating.

CAR tried to make a late comeback after being down 10-13 points most of the game but rested Gurley (he didn't play much in first half) has decided the game in LAR favour.

MIN have already won against ATL by HT.

Jameis Winston has thrown 2 pick 6s :lol: in TB home loss against SF. BTW, the 49ers had 3 TDs negated by penalties.

MIA have shown they are early favourites for #1 draft pick with a 59-10 loss at home vs BAL. :worthy: Lamar Jackson with 5 passing TDs and a perfect QB rating.

And last but not the least, my Seahawks have barely won against the Bengals at home. CIN had almost double the yards and Andy Dalton played one of the best games of his career. One of my favourite non-Seahawks players John Ross with 2 receiving TDs (I really hope he can stay healthy and perform well for the rest of the season) in his return to Seattle where he played his college career at UW (my favourite NCAA team). I've expressed my concerns about the secondary in my previous post and weaknesses were exposed in this game by Dalton. There are a lot of better QBs than him (starting with Big Ben next week) in the league so they'll need to improve. Clowney played well in his debut but Quinton Jefferson earned MOTM on the defensive side. On offense DK Metcalf made some good plays and finished with 89 receiving yards (a franchise record for a rookie WR in his debut) eventhough our offense struggled for most of the game. Much improvement needed but it was important to start with a W and we did that. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day of the week.

It's just week 1 when strange things often happens so we shouldn't overreact and make too many conclusions about any of the results.

This is quite interesting.

[tw]1170869007206862849[/tw]

Also, congrats to coach Carroll.

[tw]1170838819861487616[/tw]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah my giants will be bad as expected this year. There’s a lot of rookies on defence and they got burned badly in week 1. The offense is going to be better than previous seasons though as the line is no longer terrible.

I see this season as a transition year where hopefully Eli loses the starter job someway through the season and Jones takes over and gets to have his rookie mistakes before going into next season the young talent on defence will hopefully improve as the year goes on.. By then Eli will be off the books and there will be cap space for a coupe of free agents and hopefully a good draft (giants will have good picks because they’re so awful)

I am having doubts about the coaching staff though. Shurmur has brought a nice cohesiveness to the team but his playcalling especially situationally is bad. The defensive coordinator keeps blitzing because the giants have no rush (the giants still have no rush even with a blitz) but that leaves the rookies exposed.

They made dak look like Aaron Rodgers out there.

Last edited:

Messi983

Eli benched, Jones will start in Tampa on Sunday.

Also, Big Ben out for the season and Brees will miss around 6 weeks with the Saints coming to visit my Seahawks this week.

Trevor Siemian has also ended his season so Luke Falk will start for the Jets until Sam Darnold (mononucleosis) is back in a few weeks.

With Nick Foles on IR Gardner Minshew has done pretty solid for the Jaguars (they've still lost both games) and he could probably be successfull in other areas as well...

70682037_10167604215912037_5548866647126704128_o.jpg

EEc3HmMUUAAaXpD

A young Ron Jeremy maybe? :lol:

So, a lot of young QBs around the league right now.

[tw]1174657789949616128[/tw]

Messi983

Antonio Brown released by the Patriots :lol:

What a fucking idiot.

And now he said he's retired from the NFL and has has re-enrolled at Central Michigan. Going back to college is probably the smartest thing he did this year. :lol:

Also, Daniel Jones off to a great start but the Giants lost Barkley with a high ankle sprain.

[tw]1175941334454157312[/tw]

[tw]1176177020855902210[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And now he said he's retired from the NFL and has has re-enrolled at Central Michigan. Going back to college is probably the smartest thing he did this year. :lol:

Also, Daniel Jones off to a great start but the Giants lost Barkley with a high ankle sprain.

[tw]1175941334454157312[/tw]

[tw]1176177020855902210[/tw]

People have praised the Giants for being such a good, stable franchise, but they've had good teams that have been hampered by Eli. So much for stability.

If they had a good QB 2-4 years ago they would have been a serious contender for a Championship.

Not completely sold on Daniel Jones, but he looks good.

DonAK

Green Bay need to trade for a WR. This defense is good enough to win this year, but the offense have been up and down. Partly because of the new offensive scheme and the players getting used to it, and because apart from Adams and MVS, our other receivers have been bang average so far. Jimmy Graham is such a flop so far too. If he cannot figure it out within the next couple of weeks, they have to do do something about him.

But for now, the team really need a WR2 or a good slot receiver.

KingLeo10

Green Bay need to trade for a WR. This defense is good enough to win this year, but the offense have been up and down. Partly because of the new offensive scheme and the players getting used to it, and because apart from Adams and MVS, our other receivers have been bang average so far. Jimmy Graham is such a flop so far too. If he cannot figure it out within the next couple of weeks, they have to do do something about him.

But for now, the team really need a WR2 or a good slot receiver.

Hate to say it but Rodgers is also regressing/has regressed quite a bit. Doesn't even half resemble the god-tier player he was from 2010-2015 these days.

Barely breaks 60% in accuracy, conservative on passes etc.

DonAK

Hate to say it but Rodgers is also regressing/has regressed quite a bit. Doesn't even half resemble the god-tier player he was from 2010-2015 these days.

Barely breaks 60% in accuracy, conservative on passes etc.

Rodgers is definitely not the guy he was from 2010 - 2015, but neither is Brady, nor is Brees. The difference is that the Patriots and Saints have put the players in place to utilize their strengths.

Our receivers can barely get any separation, apart from Adams. Even MVS is more of a deep threat right now. Need someone who's good in the shorter, intermediate routes.

Ted Thompson built the 2010 SB Team, but the players he drafted after that were mostly busts and he never went into Free Agency. Also never held McCarthy accountable for hiring his older, incompetent buddies.

With this defense + another good receiver added, Rodgers is definitely a top 3 QB to want if you're thinking about Super Bowls.

He's arguably still the only QB along with Mahomes who can win a game singlehandedly.

He's also learning a new offense for the first time in his career so there's going to be some issues here and there in the beginning.

KingLeo10

That last min interception killed me.

Also, GB's defense turned into EV's CL KO Barca right on cue. 400+ from rodgers and you still can't win???

DonAK

That last min interception killed me.

Also, GB's defense turned into EV's CL KO Barca right on cue. 400+ from rodgers and you still can't win???

You support GB too?

They gotta sort out that run defense, but Green Bay were in the Red Zone seven times and only scored on three of those occasions. Not good enough.

They really need to trade for a receiver now with Adams potentially being out for a couple of weeks, and sort out that run defense or else Zeke's gonna have a career best day @ Dallas in 10 days.

KingLeo10

You support GB too?

They gotta sort out that run defense, but Green Bay were in the Red Zone seven times and only scored on three of those occasions. Not good enough.

They really need to trade for a receiver now with Adams potentially being out for a couple of weeks, and sort out that run defense or else Zeke's gonna have a career best day @ Dallas in 10 days.

Support Rodgers more than GB actually. The stuff I said earlier about him not being the Godgers from 2010-2015 anymore was partly fueled by the last couple of frustrating GB seasons while also watching a dink and dunk QB like Brady rack SBs after SBs. And you're right, I don't think they have any hope v Dallas. They've always been a suspect away team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Danny fucking Dimes!! Next franchise quarterback for the G Men. The guy reminds me of Peyton manning with the way he stands and throws the ball, got some good running ability too.

Shame the defence is terrible, but he’s a guy to build around.

Messi983

Some strange results last week. Tampa winning 55-40 vs the Rams in LA and Baker, Chubb&Co. putting 40 points against the Ravens defense. Detroit put on a great fight against the Chiefs as well but fall short at the end. They are looking better than I've expected them so far this season. And New Orleans won a defensive battle with Dallas. All they needed were 4 FGs.

My Hawks with a solid away win at Arizona. And no serious injuries which is important since we've lost Chancellor, Earl Thomas and Sherman to season-ending injuries (after which they've never played for us again) at the State Farm Stadium in recent years. Will Dissly who also sufferd a serious injury at that stadium last year with another great performance (he has 4 TDs in as many games this season) and Carson has bounced back well after a bad performance against the Saints as well. Clowney with a pick 6 off Kyler Murray (welcome to NFL, rookie).

We should be ready for TNF showdown against the Rams at home.

Home of Barca Fans