NFL

Messi983

Gronk has announced his retirement a few days ago.

also:

Last week, Chargers’ QB Philip and his wife Tiffany Rivers had their ninth child, Anna Rivers - two short of an entire offense. No word on whether they’ll go for it.

Can't even imagine to have 9 kids, lol.

Awesome shirt. :lol:

[tw]1110652214601793536[/tw]

Messi983

Happy draft day! (well, more night for us in Europe. :))
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2258]Hamzah[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17059]Blaugrana Bull[/MENTION]

Seattle with two 1st round picks (21&29) after we've traded Frank Clark to Kansas City a few days ago. Overall just 5 picks though so we'll try to trade down at least once. Pass rush is a priority, we could use a safety and WR too. And yeah, OL as well though I'd prefer to use a great defensive draft to address those needs first.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Happy draft day! (well, more night for us in Europe. :))

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2258]Hamzah[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17059]Blaugrana Bull[/MENTION]

Seattle with two 1st round picks (21&29) after we've traded Frank Clark to Kansas City a few days ago. Overall just 5 picks though so we'll try to trade down at least once. Pass rush is a priority, we could use a safety and WR too. And yeah, OL as well though I'd prefer to use a great defensive draft to address those needs first.

Exciting day for giants, with two first round picks and one at 6. I’m hearing rumours about Daniel Jones as qb of the future. I don’t know anything about college, but he seems to be a pocket passer which I like and is actually similar to eli in many ways, being able to adjust before snap, make good reads etc. he does have bust potential though.

I think they should only go for a qb if they are certain on him. Otherwise I think a pass rusher and another offensive linesman are needed, the draft seems to be deep in those areas and a good guy will be there with pick 17

Messi983

Didn't really watch Jones (or any other QB besides Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray and Jake Browning who plays for college football team I support - he'll most likely be UDFA though) much so don't know how good he is but I wouldn't believe draft day rumours. There are so many false informations and smoke screens "leaked" by either the teams or players agents the closer we get to the draft that I've stopped to really follow them years ago.

This tweet pretty much sums it up.

[tw]1121050953984221184[/tw]

I prefer to just wait and see what will happen but I have a feeling this could be one of the most interesting and unpredictable drafts in recent history.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

the Seahawks are really interesting right now. they were supposed to be bad last season but surprised everyone and made the playoffs in a season they weren't supposed to. they were showing you can rebuild without tanking.

but now Wilson has been given a big deal which limits what they can do in other areas and they had to get rid of clark. could be a Baltimore ravens with flacco situation.

Messi983

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

the Seahawks are really interesting right now. they were supposed to be bad last season but surprised everyone and made the playoffs in a season they weren't supposed to. they were showing you can rebuild without tanking.

but now Wilson has been given a big deal which limits what they can do in other areas and they had to get rid of clark. could be a Baltimore ravens with flacco situation.

Yeah, I'm not exactly thrilled with paying a QB 30M+ but what else could we do? Good QBs don't grow on trees and when you find one you do anything to keep him. It's still better to pay 30M to Wilson than 18M to Andy Dalton or Case Keenum.

I don't think trading Clark was exclusively Wilson's "fault" though. He wanted to become a third best paid defensive player in the league and as much as I liked him he's not in the same elite club with Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack. So even without Wilson getting a new contract I don't believe we would keep Clark longterm and in that case trading him for 1st and 2nd round pick is better than him playing on franchise tag next season and then leave in free agency (we would probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick but this would be only in 2021). This being a great defensive class probably also played a role in Carroll's decision.

Now I just hope we'll have a better "luck" with our 1st round pick(s). Since Carroll's first draft in 2010 when we selected Earl Thomas and Russell Okung we were pretty underwhelming when it comes to the 1st round picks (if we didn't trade them away for the likes of Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham which didn't worked out as well). The jury is still out on Rashaad Penny who I believe could become a very good RB but in general I'm against drafting RBs in the first round unless they are special talents like Saquon Barkley.

Cap situation for 2020 doesn't look bad at first sight. We have around 64M in cap space after re-signing Wilson and trading Clark. Problem is we currently only have 27 players under contract beyond this season (second least in the league after the Raiders) and one of them is Kam Chancellor who won't play again (he'll be cut after the season though). This number will obviously increase after the draft but there will still be a lot of new players coming over the next year. Our most important free agents will be Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed and I think we'll resign both. Still, having a good draft this and next year (including compensatory picks we could have around 12 selections in 2020 draft) is crucial for the future.

Messi983

Even more amazing than your attempts of trolling. :)

Such a stupid choice. Average QB, at best.

D5Cp3D9WAAAMGG-.png

:lol:

I do like his selection of Dexter Lawrence with OBJ pick (No. 17) but this whole Giants draft class will mostly be valued based on how Jones will do. He'll probably sit behind Eli next season so we won't be able to judge him for a few more years but for now I agree it's a strange selection. I would prefer Dwayne Haskins (drafted by the Redskins at No. 15) if they wanted a QB. But if they were already commited to Eli for 2019 it would be even better to just draft two good defensive players and rebuild the team before drafting a QB next year.

Pretty happy with how things have worked out for Seattle so far. After trading down twice to get four additional picks (3x 4th round and a 5th round so we now have 9 overall picks, all in the first 5 rounds) we've drafted DE LJ Collier out of TCU. Some people say he was a reach at the end of the first round but I like him. He's more a Michael Bennett than Frank Clark's replacement though. We have an early 2nd round selection today which will probably go for a secondary or WR. There are still some very good players left on the board.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Wow, they actually got Jones. He is kind of an enigma tbh we'll have to see how he does. He see

My take: 6) Jones: interesting player but seems to be picked a bit high, although I get the logic because if you truly believe in him then no pick is too high for a franchise qb, and they can't risk someone like Denver or Washington taking him. There's a lot to like about jones. He is a smart qb and pocket passer that fits shurmur's scheme. He seems to be lacking the willingness to throw the ball deep though. He has a chance to learn behind Eli and be fully ready when he takes over. On a personal level I like the guy, he is very similar to Eli even in the way he speaks :lol: he seems to be an ideal fit personality wise which some people overlook. I think he can handle the inevitable hate he will get from NY fans and media

17) Dexter Lawrence: A good Harrison replacement and makes the other players better. He will cause disruption and help in the run game. He helps the likes of Tomlinson and hill and the pass rushers indirectly with his presence.

30) Deandre Baker: I like this pick, one of the best corners in a draft full of them and a shut down man to man corner. it allows the giants to move on from Jenkins next season and finally be free of the expensive free agents Reese got in 2016.

I'd still like to use those picks to move up where necessary to pick up a pass rusher and offensive lineman tonight.

Messi983

Very happy with our draft. After all trading up and down we've ended up with 11 picks and drafted 3 WRs among them DK Metcalf who is a freak of nature. Also, there are strong rumours Doug Baldwin will have to retire because of injuries so not surprising we were looking for new targets for Russell.

Home of Barca Fans